Modding Help Long Hair

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Fearytiger, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Fearytiger

Fearytiger Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I am the developer for the "Hyperbound Neptunia" mod and it seems that Nepgear's long hair is unfinished. I tried editing the sprite image but it kept the transparent pixels between the sleeve and wig. I think it might be an issue with layers of the body and could be inevitable, but if anyone knows a way to fix this I would like to know.

2. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

i know this is an issue in Terraria, but not sure about in SB. Are the pixels blachk transparency (Hex 00000000), or white transparency (hex FFFFFF00)? in Terraria the pixels have to be black transparency to be transparent

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  3. Fearytiger

Unfortunately, I do not know

4. tigerfestival

tigerfestival Cosmic Narwhal

@FieryTiger Why not provide a download link to your mod files so they can see it first hand?

5. Fearytiger

This is the mod file

Attached Files:

6. Zephyrhawk

Zephyrhawk Void-Bound Voyager

I took a look and I think you want to mess around with mask.png. The colors white and black are used to determine what shows up when wearing the wig. Try putting black pixels where the character's face would be. White hides hair, black shows hair. Hair in this case being a floran's hair or an avian's beak/fluff. A good example of mask is the fancap at /items/armors/backerhats/fancap
    mask.png
    Make sure to include this into your .head files
    Code:
    "mask" : "mask.png"

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  7. DrPvtSkittles

DrPvtSkittles Master Astronaut

It's not black and white that defines, its just FULL OPACITY and ZERO OPACITY. I sometimes use any old colour in my masks :p

Check out avian tier 2 mask. It has black to allow beaks n fluff, and then transparency where it blocks hair n what not.

[​IMG]

Tbh for the longest time I thought it was black and white. Nope

Zephyrhawk likes this.