Modding Discussion Migrating XNB mods to Content Patcher packs

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

2. jhunichi

jhunichi Void-Bound Voyager

This is my first time trying to convert xnb's to CP packs, so hopefully it's okay!

Unofficial conversion of Eemie's cute long hairstyles - original here

Attached Files:

• jhunichi

This one took a while but all versions should work. I don't have any wells, mills or slime hutches in my games to see if those work, but they should.

[CP] Unofficial Eemie's Medieval Modern Buildings mod - original here

Attached Files:

• jhunichi

Here's another, hopefully it's okay if I keep posting in succession but if I should edit previous posts instead let me know and I'll do that instead!

[CP] Unofficial Real Life Horses - original here

Attached Files:

hiabara likes this.
        • Kuriiyo

Kuriiyo Cosmic Narwhal

Did you not include a config .json? If I remember correctly, you need to include one if you're going to allow for multiple choices.

It's a simple file to add;
          Code:
          {
            "Breed": "Andalusian"
          }

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

SMAPI automatically generates config files when you run it, this might also apply to content packs for Content Patcher.

• jhunichi

Content Patcher also automatically generates config files when you run the game, which is why I didn't include any :)

• Kuriiyo

Kuriiyo Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah, my apologies. I always created them myself so I didn't realise.

• jhunichi

[CP] Unofficial Better Horses - original here

Attached Files:

RedxxBunny, hiabara and Nintonen like this.
                  • paradigmnomad

paradigmnomad Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[CP] Lolita Fashion Bachelorettes - Original can be found here.

The OC of the mod(s) is allowed to take this file and upload it on their official page if they wish. You may PM me to have the unofficial port removed if you wish.

Attached Files:

QWERTYAZ and cankersaur like this.
                    • paradigmnomad

[CP] Emily Reimagined - Original can be found here.

The OC of the mod(s) is allowed to take this file and upload it on their official page if they wish. You may PM me to have the unofficial port removed if you wish.

Attached Files:

Medicell likes this.
                      • paradigmnomad

[CP] Eemie's Animal Collection - Originals can be found on their Nexus page here.

A collection of all of Eemie's Animal Replacement mods in a toggleable format for Content Patcher.
                        Allowed Values:

"WhiteChicken":
                        "AllowValues": "cardinal, whiteturkey"

"BrownChicken":
                        "AllowValues": "toucan, brownturkey"

"SquirrelColor":
                        "AllowValues": "brown, grey, lightbrown, red, white"

Attached Files:

fadedwaif, PandaNikita and eemie like this.
                        • minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

aijvelle and Lulu8500 like this.
                        • Fyn

Fyn Pangalactic Porcupine

I've updated the anime villagers mod for 1.3 (by adding a makeshift Mr. Qi portrait). I also included a config.json so people can choose between clean shaven, mustached, or bearded harvey. Just change the config file to "Clean" "Mustache" or "Beard".

This also contains a few community fixes that you weren't aware of when you made the original CP. :)

Attached Files:

junali likes this.
                          • Declension

Declension Cosmic Narwhal

I do have a question as I've been stitching together bits and pieces from other mods into my own personalized tastes.
                            My question is would I need to play with SMAPI from now on to use the benefits of CP?
                            Or would need SMAPI be needed to run only CP, from which I just run CP to have my visual mods show up?

I'm not sure I'm wording it right, but all I do is visually mod my game. This CP sounds like it would save me loads of time when it comes to merging art pieces I want but I don't want to have to play the game with smapi for the long run when I can continue using the xnb replacing method and have everything I want there.

• vikitty

vikitty Void-Bound Voyager

SMAPI is required to run CP. It's a SMAPI mod itself, so you kind of need SMAPI for it to work. Is there any reason why you don't want to run the game with SMAPI? It's stable, it's lightweight, and if you decide to install script mods in the future you already have it there ready to go.

• Azrax

Azrax Big Damn Hero

Hello, I converted WildSpirits' pet replacement mods here and have also converted DCBurger's portraits mod here. I hope I did this right!

I've tried my hand at making a config file for the portraits, but I ran into a few errors so it's as simple as possible atm. The files are all included and if you'd like to use the alternate versions of Harvey and Maru, they just need to be renamed. Here's the download link for the portraits.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 4, 2018
                                • Techonrye

Techonrye Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I did an unofficial conversion for Ali's Secret Forest Map for Content Patcher.
                                  *edit* Sadly, This map works well for single player, It does not appear you can start with cabins for other players. I have not tried building the cabins later.

I also did a conversion for Enari's Portrait Mod with fixes from the 1.1 version added

Adding Expanded Woods Unofficial Port
                                  Authors Note "NOTE: This mod is best used on a new game, since it removes the bushes just below the pond in the woods. Unfortunately, despite these bushes being removed, when used with a save game, the bushes remain as they are logged in the save file. Also, when using a save game, sleep for at least one night to allow the additional hardwood stumps to spawn, after that, they will return every day."

a variant of paradigmnomad's statement
                                  The creator of this/these mod(s) may take this file and upload it on their official page as their own. You may PM me to have the unofficial port removed if that is what you wish.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 2, 2018
                                  • ayahimew

ayahimew Void-Bound Voyager

[CP] Nicer Villagers Flirty Bachelors can be found here.

EDIT: Please note paradigmnomad has their own version, found on the front page! Trust theirs more than mine ;)

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 3, 2018
                                      espurri likes this.
                                    • D.Grey

D.Grey Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is my first conversion, and i am not english. And i don't know how to update the list. Sorry for mistakes.

I have converted robolink's Abigail (just her for now) from the Immersive Marriage Candidate Overhaul mod. I've taken the Portrait from here and the "unofficial" sprites from here.

The OC of the mod(s) are allowed to take this file and upload it on their official page if they wish. You may PM me to have the unofficial port removed if you wish.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 2, 2018
                                      Thread Status:
                                      Not open for further replies.