1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Unobtainium Power (Frackin Universe Comp-Version) 1.09.1

Powerfull Mod to get more fun in early and lategame - Download Recent Updates for the NEWEST Version

1. Malacay2k11

Malacay2k11 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Malacay2k11 submitted a new mod:

Unobtainium Power - Powerfull Mod to get more fun in early and lategame

Read more about this mod...

2. Malacay2k11

3. Malacay2k11

Malacay2k11 updated Unobtainium Power 1.06.1 + Updates with a new update entry:

Update 1.07.1 - LootPool Update -

Read the rest of this update entry...

4. magnop

magnop Void-Bound Voyager

It's compatible with Frackin Universe?

5. DonLuiD

DonLuiD Void-Bound Voyager

The mod seems to be incompatible with Frackin Universe, it crashed on startup, by loooking at the logs it seems to be a duplicate item entry that is causing the crash.
    Hope you can fix the issue, since it seems to be a interesting mod to add some diversity on planet exploration, also attached my starbound logs.

Attached Files:

6. Malacay2k11

Hey Guys :) Thx for the Log Upload... I would work for some Patches to allow Ppl to Play my Mod with FU. But at the Moment, i would finish my whole armor Sets (there are some new, but only uploaded to steam atm). The Final Update includes then some more Food, Unobtainium Weapons and a Whole Part set for the Mech.. This would be patch 2.0 and then,,, i make it Compitable with FU... Im sry for now, but in some Weeks (3-4), it should be Done :)

Ty for your feedback.

7. Malacay2k11

Malacay2k11 updated Unobtainium Power 1.09 + Updates with a new update entry:

Armor Set & Loottable Update

Read the rest of this update entry...

8. Malacay2k11

Good news ^^...

I still working on a FU Compatibility Patch :) hope i could release them this Weekend :)
    for more news & informations about the process, check the Workshope Page from Steam :) ty

9. Malacay2k11

10. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

dude.

https://community.playstarbound.com/attachments/mutantblade-png.195978/

you cant just arbitrarily assign random numbers for damage. That is not how it works, especially if you are attempting properly balanced weapons. 132 per swing? 3 hit combo... over 390 damage from 3 hits? What tier is it? What the heck did you set its base DPS to?

Keep in mind base DPS is actually baseDPS x level.

(level multipliers) (these can be found in /leveling folder in the vanilla assets.)

[0, 0.5],
    [1, 1.0],
    [2, 1.5],
    [3, 2.0],
    [4, 2.5],
    [5, 3.0],
    [6, 3.5],
    [7, 4.0],
    [8, 4.5],
    [9, 5.0],
    [10,5.5]

so if you have baseDPS of 8, and the weapon is a t6 weapon the damage its actually doing as a base is 28. Then that gets adjusted by your armor and augment stat bonuses to damage. So that means if you have a +250% bonus to damage the total is 7,000. Now you divide that by 100 and you have your applied damage = 70. When computing damage, keep that in mind.

Try not to deviate too much from the vanilla weapon values when at all possible. Remember that 7 and 10 are *vastly* different outcomes (seriously. check it):

7 damage with the previous math = 61.25. Over 2 hits that works out to about 120 dmg
    10 damage works out to be 87.5. Over 2 hits that works out to be 173 dmg

It's great that you're modding, and you should keep it up. Just...watch values like this. The more you balance your product, the more people will use it.

11. Malacay2k11

Ty for your feedback, just keep in Mind thats Worldbosses are included and they are scaling with map Tiers too... And to kill Bosses with over 15-22k Hp, need some strong Weapons... And The Weapons by his self dealing a fine Damage. They most Power Scalings comming with the Bonus from the Gear Sets....

The Recipes of my Sets and Weapons would be Tweaked soon, cuz; they should be "unique" and i would add Materials to Craft them (the Hunter Token is just the 1. Step), that can only Drop from World Bosses. The Mod is well Work In Progress, and the finishing touches comes to the End :)

btw, i got a "Community Wish" Thread( in Steam Workshop), where ppl can talk about stuff like these :)
    http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/906686126/133262738418540895/

Finally, ever vanilla Weapon reaches great Damage with a Gear like "Godwoken" or "Bio Maggot". Just don't Cheat the Gear and farm for it.... But yeah i would tweak all Weapons with the 1.09.2 patch :)
    again, Ty for the Feedback and ty for the info with the leveling file :) i checked out.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  12. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

more HP is not how you make a tougher boss. That just makes an HP Sponge that takes a ton of punishment. This is the reason I didn't waste time with the Expanded Storyline mod. The bosses aren't fun. The weapons are hideously imbalanced, and all-in-all its just nonsense. Balance matters.

Rather than just take a creature and adding a ton of HP...instead, adjust its attacks,, defenses, abilities, lua code for behavior, etc. Especially since monsters *also* have levelling functions in that same place which dictate their per-tier upgrades.

Again, not insulting your work. It's great to see new modders doing stuff like this. Just be sure to learn as you go and adapt and adjust. FU is quite literally a *constant* struggle to keep balanced, so I totally relate.

13. Malacay2k11

I'm still learning to make better improvements for my Mod... Sure the World Bosses are just upscaled Monsters with more HP , Life Reg and a Energyshield and greater DMG output, but i knew about the Problems here, and im working on it. I need to improve the Hitbox of them, give them other Kind of Abilitys to make them something Special. But as a nearly new Modder to Starbound, i had to learn how it works. i wont a unbalanced Mod at all... But Balance takes time. Hope i would learn Lua as fast as possible . but i got my own family which needs alot of time to be Happy :D ... my reallife needs a lot of maintenance too... The Mod takes Tweaks, Balanced patches and improvements over time :) :)

14. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

yea, it takes time man. I'm in this 5 years so far, and I still @#$#@$@ up sometimes :)

15. Renzope

Renzope Void-Bound Voyager

i got a problem, i can't craft unique reward bag because the recipe doesn't appear in crafting menu except using admin.

16. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

They aren't craftable. This is not a problem. They are not intended to be craftable. It's a *reward* bag. It is a *reward*

17. Renzope

Renzope Void-Bound Voyager

but in the crafting it's implied that it needs "hunter token" if these are not used for this purpose, what are they for?.

18. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

hunter tokens arent even from FU, dude. So likely somethign from this mod here, which ain't my problem :) I only noticed this wasnt the FU thread just now.

19. SSJMichael29

SSJMichael29 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I asked this in Steam but mine crashes after the Chuckle Fish chuckles. Can I enter my log here since its not letting me on Steam?

20. SSJMichael29

SSJMichael29 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Also do I need Frackin Universe?