Friendship bracelets to unlock 10 hearts without a romance!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by hippity hoppity, May 6, 2018.

1. hippity hoppity

hippity hoppity Poptop Tamer

I think most of us already found out, that thereis now a serious consequence for giving a multiple bouquets.
    Only giving a bouquet unlock aditional 2 hearts for bachelors and bachelorettes. That really bugs me. I can't imagine cheating my girlfriend and because i am a completionist, the two grey hearts really annoys me.

What if we could craft a friendship bracelet to give for bachelors/bachelorettes, so we can get a maximum ammount of hearts without getting a romance option? That would require making a new cutscenes, but could show us a value of friendship and consequences of cheating in an relationship (if we go the "date everyone" route).

I really hope this post will reach @ConcernedApe, he might like the idea.

Have a nice day everyone and let me know what do you think about my suggestion.

Sefyre, Nunah, Ches713 and 23 others like this.
    • Gemara

Gemara Orbital Explorer

I was thinking about suggesting something like this, great idea!

• kakuloo

kakuloo Big Damn Hero

Yes please!

I wouldn't even mind if there was no new cut scene, just a special letter or something.

I like having full hearts on everyone... >_>

Arlem, Erick648, Zosa and 3 others like this.
        • hippity hoppity

hippity hoppity Poptop Tamer

Or that

• CountryKit

CountryKit Seal Broken

+1 support

• Faeryheart

Faeryheart Weight of the Sky

I really like this idea. It always bothered me that the singles just stay at 8 hearts.

• Honor Shipping

Honor Shipping Big Damn Hero

I'm down for this. :up:

• Andunelen

Andunelen Space Penguin Leader

If you don't want the new cut scene to unfold, just don't visit the saloon or Emily/Haley's house until you've married.

• sarahjazz

sarahjazz Void-Bound Voyager

Friendship bracelets. Genius! Seems like the kind of magical special item that would appear in Stardew.

If it was the same ten heart romance cut-scene but as a ten heart 'friend' variation; And scenes that can't be seen as anything but romance...
                    you could(?) help Stardew's Intended romances get together with each other ("can you take this to *** for me? He forgets sometimes") and/or as a 10 heart BF witness the event between romances from the bushes or behind a tree (like that annoying Best Friend of yours that gets sprung juuust before you kiss...)

• Kaiosama TLJ

Kaiosama TLJ Void-Bound Voyager

I support this idea. Because most events are telling that particular character story, but it's cut short if you are not interested in them romantically, and I don't think it needs to stop there. For example, Maru's 10 heart event is about her showing you her greatest project that she said she was doing in her 8 hearth event, and Abgail's is about her trying to go to a adventure in the mines like she said she would. Not only these scenes give a closure to that particular character story, they can also be done in a non-romantic variation, where they just say that they are glad to have a friend like you.

Characters like Penny however, should have a different scene. Her event is not ambiguous to work as both friendship and romance.

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

i would be all for this, it's super sucky that you can't have a best-friend bachelor(ette) unless you are dating/married to them

• Chefpief

Chefpief Subatomic Cosmonaut

yea having variant 'just friends'/platonic relationships with the other potential bachelor/ettes would be fantastic, you can get 10 hearts with everyone else in town and nobody yells at you for who you're befriending outside of the marriage candidates. Heck maybe if no bracelet just unlock them to go to 10 hearts post marriage with their 10 heart cutscenes locked.

• givemeaname373

givemeaname373 Void-Bound Voyager

That's so cute! I love it. I never like my characters dating people in any game I play. I don't know, it's just seems weird. The idea of being able to have complete friendship points from being best friends is nice.

Christnewhogaming likes this.
                            • Honor Shipping

Honor Shipping Big Damn Hero

I feel ya, especially with sdv. All the post marriage relationships feel pretty much the same to me, so I almost never marry anyone, yet the inability to get 10 hearts with them always annoys me.

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~

More generally, I don't know if I like the idea of a "friendship bracelet" specifically. I don't know why, it just feels a bit childish to use that specific item. Perhaps something something more understood and not tangible? I'm a sucker for unspoken understandings in relationships. Could be like the popup you get right after you get married, maybe after their eight heart event?

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

to be fair the bouquet is pretty solidly something for old people so it's not much of a big deal as far as i see it xD

• Brightstorm98

Brightstorm98 Poptop Tamer

OMG YES PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE @Chucklefish MAKE THIS HAPPEN

• Auntie_Ghrym

Auntie_Ghrym Master Chief

I love the idea of being friendly without fretting about "leading" anyone on. I feel that giving a platonic option adds a lot to the game while keeping what we like safe.
                                    Not all strong friendships turn into romance and it would be nice to see this as an option for the game if possible.

• Nickromancer

Nickromancer Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry I know this thread is a little bit old, but I've been thinking about something like this A LOT
                                      I think it'd be nice if there was an option or item around 3 or 4 hearts where you could choose for the relationship from there on out to be 100% platonic, because once you get around 3ish hearts depending on the character the events and how they talk start leaning towards romantic and the more hearts you get the more it's taken as "this is completely romantic and we're gonna date"

I'd love love love if early on there could be an event or conversation where it could be chosen for things to only be platonic, or an item you can give any point past the first heart to say "I want this to be platonic" and then having the friendship bracelet you can craft and give to get the last two hearts and have platonic events after that too would be absolutely amazing.

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

yeah, i get that. i get so uncomfortable later on with abigal's route just because i am super not into that x____x why can't i be your friend without also being your boyfriend? i am married

• Nickromancer

Nickromancer Void-Bound Voyager

I still haven't gotten 10 hearts with more than one character because I keep getting distracted or I stop playing for a few months due to Special interest focus shifting but one of the reasons I stopped playing for a bit was because in one of my saves I was trying to get tons of hearts with everyone and I found out about the jealousy thing so I was like ah oof maybe I shouldn't then??
                                          I was hoping to find a mod to get platonic relationships or something but couldn't find anything and that kind of mod is too extensive for me to make myself right now, so I recently downloaded a polyamory mod that just changes those jealousy scenes to be more friendly and happy and like accepting cause I figured that's better/nicer for me personally cause I want to try to see all the events but I don't like the jealousy aspect since I'm just trying to be a completionist lol.

I'd still much rather have something that involves platonic friendships because I really wanna become best friends with some characters in my main save but I don't wanna go through the romantic stuff with characters I don't wanna try and marry in a different save... especially on my main save