Modding Help Create Teleporter Bookmark to Unique Dungeon

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by captainrumbarrels, May 12, 2018.

1. captainrumbarrels

captainrumbarrels Phantasmal Quasar

As is written in the title.
    1. I've created a dungeon with Tiled using the example mission from the star bounder wiki.
    2. Before I create a fancy world, I'd like the world to be able to be visible in the player's ship teleporter bookmarks the same way the outpost book marks are.
    3. I'm playing around with the assets/interface/warping/<teleportername>.config to see how this works since I'm new to world building.
    4. I am not trying to create a mission. I am creating a dungeon that has player mode access via the ship's teleporter. Think of this dungeon as a duplicate of the outpost.
    5. I'm not looking for the /warp instanceWorld:<worldname> command.
    Any advice on how I should go about this? I'm sure this is a lot simpler than it is.

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  2. projectmayhem

projectmayhem Spaceman Spiff

Id start by looking at the gaterepair.questtemplate and qgaterepair.lua in the quest folder.

I think this is the important part of the lua

player.addTeleportBookmark(config.getParameter("outpostBookmark"))

the questtemplate has
    Code:
    "outpostBookmark" : {
          "bookmarkName" : "Outpost - The Ark",
          "targetName" : "",
          "icon" : "outpost",
          "target" : ["instanceworld:outpost", "arkteleporter"]
        }

So you will need to make a mission, that starts automatically, that adds your bookmark.

captainrumbarrels likes this.
  3. captainrumbarrels

excellent! Thank you very much good sir!

4. captainrumbarrels

UPDATE

I managed to patch the assets/interface/warping/arkteleporter.config file successfully!

Vanilla:

Code:
    {
      "canBookmark" : true,
      "bookmarkName" : "Outpost - Ark Ruins",
      "includePartyMembers" : true,
      "includePlayerBookmarks" : true,
      "destinations" : [
        {
          "name" : "Beam to Ship",
          "planetName" : "",
          "warpAction" : "OwnShip",
          "icon" : "beamup"
        }
      ]
    }

My Patch:

Code:
    [
      {
        "op" : "add",
        "path" : "/destinations",
        "value" : [
          {
          "name" : "Galactic Shipyard",
          "planetName" : "Asteroid Base Silver",
          "warpAction" : "InstanceWorld:galacticshipyard",
          "icon" : "default"
          }
        ]
      }
    ]

This simply means I need to use the Ark to get to where I want but never the less, a successful link from the vanilla outpost to the custom outpost I made.

[​IMG]

projectmayhem likes this.
  5. projectmayhem

projectmayhem Spaceman Spiff

Great job!

6. TypicalStarbounder

TypicalStarbounder Star Wrangler

k so how do you make your own planet thingy? i wanna make one too now

7. PrinceTBug

PrinceTBug Scruffy Nerf-Herder

8. PrinceTBug

PrinceTBug Scruffy Nerf-Herder

after several DAYS of stumbling around in the games files I finally found the proper way to do what the 2stoptele does at the outpost.

let me present to you: dungeons\other\outpost\outpost_full.json. not outpost.json. *that's the wrong one*. outpost_FULL.json.

within this JSON file, you will find that the 2stoptele object has some extra data:
    thereitis.png
    THIS is the tiny tidbit that makes it so that when you get the bookmark to this one. specific. teleporter... IT ACTUALLY WORKS.
    it reads:
    Code:
    { "interactData" : "/interface/warping/outpostteleporter.config", "uniqueId" : "outpost" }

(the "interactData" seems to be redundant since that is already in the code for the object alone. but that ""uniqueId" : "outpost"" is what makes it work.)

just put that little Custom Property onto the object in Tiled and it will work just like the 2shop teleshop teleporter. of course, from there you can copy and alter those files to make the bookmark say whatever you want.

there you go. that's it. that's how you do it. I don't know if OP still needs/ wants this but hopefully it will at the very least help someone struggling with this in the future.