Story Against the Ruin (AgTR)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Negative Infinity, Jan 15, 2017.

?

Do you like 'Against the Ruin' so far?

1. Yes, I like where this story is going and would like to see more of it.

21 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Yes, I like it, but there are some things you could be doing differently (please comment what).

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't know if I like it, but I am a little interested in reading more.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I don't know if I like it, because there are things that don't appeal to me (comment what).

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. No, I've read it yet I don't like it (comment why please).

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. No, I've read only a little bit and I can tell I won't enjoy it (comment why please).

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Pacman6511

Pacman6511 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Just remembered to check my Noti's and i come to this! Awesome!~

Edit: apparently Ranaka is terrifying when provoked...

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    Negative Infinity likes this.
  2. Negative Infinity

Negative Infinity Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've added a poll, please vote on it and comment to specify why you chose that vote if you want. (It will probably help me make the story better).
    On another note, chapter 7 is almost done.

3. Negative Infinity

"Chapter 7: The Tribes of Tetjas Senior VI" has been uploaded (I wonder if I'll ever end up using 'Survival of the Fittest' as a chapter title?).
    The overview for "Chapter 8: Greenfinger Kainam" has also been uploaded.
    And if you could, I'd appreciate it if you vote in the poll (it might somehow make the story better).

EDIT: Chapter 8's preview has been uploaded.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  4. Negative Infinity

Chapter 8: Greenfinger Kainam has been uploaded. Originally I had intended chapters 8 & 9 to be parts of the same chapter, but chapter 8 reached the 10 page mark, so I'm splitting it into two. This one is action-packed (supposedly anyway, I have no idea how good my combat writing is). Anyway, enjoy.

5. Pacman6511

Aye ;D
    Just no clue what to say lately ;w;

Edit: Not gonna spoil anything but damn... i feel sorry for Ranaka

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  6. Negative Infinity

I'm just trying to capture the feel that an Avali might have if they are separated for too long. I know that there might be a few different affects for different Avali, for Ranaka I'm going with hallucinations upon the real world (like augmented reality).
    I guess some other side affects could be important needs deprivation (i.e. sleep, food, ammonia*, etc.), maybe a vegetable state (basically completely withdrawn into their mind), or maybe even self-inflicted harm in worst case scenarios.

*EDIT: When I was originally typing this I had said 'water' instead of 'ammonia'. Avali don't drink water so I corrected it.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  7. Pacman6511

Yeah, i'm honestly reading this story for the Story it's self and your thought on avali pack-loss, Honestly it makes sence.

8. Negative Infinity

Well Chapter 9: A New City is finally uploaded. It took way longer than it needed to considering it's a couple pages shorter than the rest of the chapters. Also, I'm not entirely satisfied with that last segment and I might change it around in the future.

Some changes I'm planning on doing for the overall story:
    -I'm not going to be doing overviews for each chapter anymore.
    -I'm also not going to be doing previews for each chapter.
    +The only previews I upload are going to be for the first chapter of each sequence, and they'll come out with the last chapter of the previous sequence. (i.e. since Ch. 10 is the last chapter for the Floran sequence I'll make a preview for Ch. 11, the first chapter for the Hylotl sequence.)

9. Pacman6511

Sounds good!
    Can't wait to read it! *Busy playing with friends/family*

10. DatuKampilan

DatuKampilan Void-Bound Voyager

tionwolf sorry to be rude but, are you still working on this story?

11. DinoExplorer2000

DinoExplorer2000 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

if this became a buyable book id buy it

Negative Infinity likes this.
  12. Negative Infinity

Yes, I have plans to do it, unfortunately, I have my senior graduation in school coming up and I need to focus on that. However, I do want to continue, I just don't know when the next chapter will be finished.
    Thank you for the thought, but I wouldn't sell this for money, since it's just a fanfiction.

13. DinoExplorer2000

DinoExplorer2000 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

ok, but this is a great story, maybe i can learn something to make my fanfic better

14. Pacman6511

life check!
    been a while since i've said something ;w;

15. DatuKampilan

DatuKampilan Void-Bound Voyager

Well it’s been a year now since you last added a chapter, and I’m starting to get worried.

16. Cryptoid

Cryptoid Pangalactic Porcupine

The wait is real.

17. Pacman6511

yeah, just need a check up if you are busy or not Tionwolf ;D

18. Negative Infinity

Well sorry it's been such a long time, I've been job hunting and moving homes with my family (we'll be moving again some time soon I expect) and I actually forgot about this whole thing. But don''t worry, I will be finishing Chapter 10 and uploading it. I might disappear a few more times in the future but I promise I'm gonna finish this story all the way through, even if it ends up taking a long time.

Haven't written anything in a while though, so my story skills my not be the same as they were before.

Pacman6511 likes this.
  19. DutchyBoi

DutchyBoi Void-Bound Voyager

Is this dead? I hope it isn’t.

20. Negative Infinity

No, I'm returning to this now, after a long hiatus.

-Redstar, Captain Karo and DutchyBoi like this.