Accidentally skipped Krobus winter magnifying glass event, will event trigger again next winter?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aayinahs, May 20, 2018.

1. Aayinahs

Aayinahs Yeah, You!

I was a total space case and didnt follow krobus when the krobus winter event triggered for me so I didnt end up getting the magnifying glass D: Now its halfway through spring of my second year and I just realized what I did! Will the event trigger again next winter? Or do I have to create a new save file and start all over again?

• One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

You don't need to wait or start a new file

I triggered the scene where krobus runs away but was so intent on whatever it was I wanted to do that day that I forgot all about it

I didn't get the magnifying glass until spring or possibly even summer, I don't remember, but it definitely wasn't winter any more

• Silverbane7

Silverbane7 Pangalactic Porcupine

have you tried checking the bush the guy is hiding in? i seem to remember DF (DangerouslyFunny, a utuber who does a LOT of SDV vids lol) showing the cutscene and then poking the little guy in the bush in the spring, and him popping out and running off, then the text for the mag glass showing up. might be worth checking incase he's still hiding in there..poor guy, picking up dropped things isnt a crime lol (unless you see someone drop it and they ask you about it after you pick it up and you say no lol)

• UnexpectedParole

UnexpectedParole Phantasmal Quasar

What bush was he hiding in? I got the same issue, but did not even figure out where he came from. I had not even met Krobus in game yet (not unlocked the sewers) so it took me too long to realize what was happening.

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

It's just to the right of the benches at the playground. There is an image & video on this webpage which may help.

• UnexpectedParole

UnexpectedParole Phantasmal Quasar

Thanks for the info and the link.

Without getting into spoilers, that makes a lot of things make more sense. cheers

• deb92083

deb92083 Space Hobo

I also forgot to follow the Krobus look alike and did not get the magnifying glass. I have checked the bushes and couldn't find him. I am now finishing up the next winter and still haven't found him in the bush. Any suggestions.

• KiwiPuddlegum

KiwiPuddlegum Space Hobo

Did you find a solution?

did you find a solution? Same thing happened to me.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2020
                  • Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

@KiwiPuddlegum Double posting is not allowed. Use the edit function to add to your posts or wait for someone else to reply first. I've merged your posts.

Even though this is an old thread and the people quoted haven't been on in over a year I'm going to leave this thread open for now as others might have an answer.

• Xanderfirefly

Xanderfirefly Space Hobo

The Winter Mystery triggered for me in year 1, but I have yet to find Krobus at that bush. I see people saying you have to poke the bush - does mean I have to use a tool? I’ve tried searching that bush at different times of day and night, using different tools and nothing happens! I’m on winter year 3, and the footprints leading to the fountain are still there but I’m still not finding krobus. Please help!

• Silverbane7

Silverbane7 Pangalactic Porcupine

I think you just walk up and interact with the bush, the way you shake bushes for berrys in berry season.

If all else fails, maybe someone can make a mod that ether let's you buy the item from krobus later (if simply having the item allows for the effect) as surely the other little guy would end up selling it to him when they work out its use.
                        Or a mod that allows you to find the guy again someplace and maybe swap with him.
                        Like, later in the winter you see him down in the sewer, using the thing. He's seen you down there before, krobus isn't dead (so his mind says you won't kill him ether, he's safe from you) and you can offer to trade him something for it. He likes shiny stuff so maybe the sun gems or void gems from the mine? Or a void egg, so he can have his own pet void chicken lol.

• Az Isten Macskája

Az Isten Macskája Space Hobo

I'm a bit late for the party, but just in case someone gets in the same situation. When I met the guy I didn't even bother too much, now it's winter 2 and i saw it in my journal
                          To poke him out of the bush you must have empty hands and right click on the bush. it seems to only work from a particular tile, which is the one right under the middle of the bush (behind the benches)
                          Hope this helps