RELEASED More Crops, Unofficial Continuation

Discussion in 'Mods' started by TenkoKuugen, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Dijkstra

Dijkstra Aquatic Astronaut

Hello. May i ask why is this mod dependent on Entoarox Framework and Shop Expander? Maybe it can be made to work with other mods if it doesn't require changing the whole mod's code. I really want to use this mod because im planning on starting a new 1.3 play through. If it must use those 2 mods do you know if the mod authors are planning on updating them anytime soon, or have they just abandoned them mods?

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

As mentioned in the previous posts. The data for the mod is updated, and ready to go. But, adding items to the shops is handled by E. Framework & ShopExpander. Those look like they'll be updated after the Beta when everything is stable.

You can still spawn in the mod items with CJB Item Spawner as a workaround.

• Dijkstra

Dijkstra Aquatic Astronaut

Yeah i know i am doing that. Im spawning them in then buying stuff from the shop to spend some money. Still every mod that adds new crops isnt really working for 1.3

• hwayunhae

hwayunhae Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm going to try to see if I can get the different crops mods working in 1.3 by adding them via json Assets instead of cpatcher. if it works out I'll see about getting permission to upload them. ^_^

blisfulloblivion likes this.
          • RabidMuffins

RabidMuffins Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I highly recommend getting the Project Populate JsonAssets mod pack! I love it! It adds lots of crops and trees and recipes and machines and all that fun stuff.

• blisfulloblivion

blisfulloblivion Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The Longevity Mod currently works for add more crops in 1.3 except for MCM fruit trees being unplantable. Everything else works great. They're purchasable from Pierre and function as expected. If you're not interested in playing with the Longevity mod changes they can be disabled in the config.json file by just switching everything to False except for MCM.

• MysticTempest

Hrm, I've never used the Longevity version of MoreCrops. But, the trees in this version of MoreCropsUnofficialContinuation work fine, as well as the ones in my own Botany/Tea mod; and both were updated for the v1.3-beta a couple months ago.

Back in v1.2 last year; Entoarox helped me discover the game added a whitelist for saplings. The workaround was setting the new saplings to a different category.
                In my case; I set the saplings' category in my Botany mod, and this 'MoreCrops-UnofficialContinuation' mod to "Basic". That allowed them to be planted exactly as any other sapling; and that's worked ever since.

Working Example using the "Content Patcher" format.
                Code:
                804: "Gold Sapling/1500/-300/Basic/Gold Sapling/Takes 28 days to produce a Gold tree. Bears ore in the fall. Only grows if the 8 surrounding \"tiles\" are empty.",

So, it's possible the v1.3-beta is being a bit more strict with its whitelist of saplings. I don't have or really want to get a Nexus account to see. But, the trees in Longevity should start working if they use the above workaround.

• paradigmnomad

paradigmnomad Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The reason why the Longevity version of MCM tress doesn't work is because the assets aren't there - it's only the data but no sprites. I'm curious as to how these sprites in this version are working since there is only data as well. Unless they're pulling sprites from somewhere else?

JsonAssets has to use Harmony to get the trees functioning again due to changes in the code.

• MysticTempest

This unofficial continuation of MoreCrops re-uses the game's tree sprites. I'd assume the Longevity version does as well; as Blisfulloblivion only mentioned they were unplantable; not invisible.

If you look at the vanilla SDV data in "Content/Data/fruitTrees"; these are the default trees. The first number before the season, "0-5" are the tree sprite reference images.
                    Code:
                      628: "0/spring/638/1700" #!String
                      629: "1/spring/634/1000" #!String
                      630: "2/summer/635/2000" #!String
                      631: "3/summer/636/3000" #!String
                      632: "4/fall/637/3000" #!String
                      633: "5/fall/613/2000" #!String

Now the content patched code for this mod:
                    Code:
                      "Action": "EditData",
                      "Target": "Data/fruitTrees",
                      "Entries": {
                          804: "3/fall/384/3000",
                           805: "4/spring/382/3000",
                           806: "0/winter/386/3000",
                           811: "1/summer/809/3000",
                           812: "2/spring/813/3000",
                           824: "3/summer/823/3000",
                           832: "4/spring/822/3000",
                           833: "5/spring/817/3000",
                           834: "0/summer/830/3000",
                           846: "0/summer/845/3000",
                           848: "2/summer/847/3000",
                           856: "1/winter/855/3000",
                           858: "3/winter/857/3000",
                           860: "4/winter/859/3000",
                           861: "0/spring/862/3000",
                           885: "1/spring/378/3000",
                          886: "2/summer/380/3000",

Note how all the numbers are also 0-5. It re-uses the same 6 textures of the game's own fruit trees.

• paradigmnomad

paradigmnomad Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ok so it does reuse games assets, yeah the issue JA had was planting trees so we had to patch that.

• blisfulloblivion

blisfulloblivion Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The sprites work just fine. And MysticTempest's unofficial MCM the saplings plant without issue but they'e unfortunately not set up to be purchasable in the shop. Longevity MCM trees are visible, purchasable, and show the target tiles when you try to plant them it's just that all the tiles are red.

Honestly, the Longevity line looks really similar to your Gold Sapling line

Code:
                        819: "Papaya Sapling/12/-300/Basic -74/Papaya Sapling/Takes 28 days to produce a mature papaya tree. Bears fruit in the summer. Only grows if the 8 surrounding \"tiles\" are empty." #!String
                        The only difference is the lack of -74 after basic. Following your advice and changing to /Basic/

**Edit**
                        Changed all MCM saplings from /Basic -74/ to just /Basic/ and the fix worked for all.

While fiddling with this I noticed that Cocoa sapling is missing from Pierre's shop. Any idea on how to check the seed availability conditions? Honestly, I'm not sure how Longevity has enabled MCM to function in the shop.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
                          MysticTempest likes this.
                        • MysticTempest

Yea, you could probably drop the Harmony patch and switch to the above workaround. Since, it works perfectly fine through non-smapi means.

Glad that workaround fixed them for you.
                          As for checking how Longevity sets availability; I'm unsure. It seems to have its own shop mod built-in. And, isn't open source.

• ADD_Booknerd

ADD_Booknerd Subatomic Cosmonaut

So if shop expander hasn't been updated yet but you want to get them through the item spawner, do you only have to copy the main folder into the mods folder and not the shop expander bit?

• MysticTempest

You can install the mod normally, or just the MoreCropsUnofficialContinuation Content Pack specifically. The ShopExpander folder only contains the config for how to sell the crops. So, SMAPI will skip it since it doesn't see the ShopExpander's default mod files.

After that; make sure you heed the note on the download post about editing the "manifest.json" in the MoreCropsUC folder to remove the "ShopExpander" & "EntoaroxFramework" dependencies.
                              After that, you'll be ready to play with CJB Item Spawner.

Bacail likes this.
                              • ADD_Booknerd

ADD_Booknerd Subatomic Cosmonaut

What prices are you planning to use for the new crops?

• MysticTempest

The prices for the MoreCrops crops are the same as before. I'm only doing compatibility/bug fix updates.

• NoodleMara

NoodleMara Void-Bound Voyager

I've run into an issue with the watermelon crop where I can buy seeds but when I go to plant them, it removes the seeds from my inventory as normal but doesn't plant them. No seeds appear on the ground and I can plant other crops in that space. I don't know enough about modding stardew valley to know where to edit. There was no error messages. So far, all the other crops work fine. Thanks!

• MysticTempest

Hrm, it sounds like you're using v1.2 of Stardew Valley. There's a "bug" when trying to plant out of season; that does just what you described.
                                      It removes the seeds but the seeds aren't planted; they're just wasted.
                                      Watermelon's are set to be plantable in Fall only.

In version 1.3, the mutliplayer update that released today. They prevent you from wasting seeds with an "Out of Season" warning that blocks you from this.
                                      If you update; make sure to grab the updated mod files and follow the directions about the workaround until the SMAPI portion of this mod is updated.

The current files for v1.3 are here: https://community.playstarbound.com...icial-continuation.129349/page-6#post-3154045

• NoodleMara

Ohhh I think I was. For some reason I thought watermelons were spring crops but I must have missed it. And I think as I was fiddling around I kicked it into the update so that's probably why my game stopped working completely after that. Thanks!

• NoodleMara

Another simple question! And probably dumb!
                                          How exactly do I do this? I've got the manifest.json files for both open but it doesn't seem like there's anything to change there. Do I delete those json files? Is there another manifest file? Thanks!