1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED WIP: The Viera of Ivalice 0.3.2

The Viera of Ivalice have fled to the stars

1. chloesadida

chloesadida Space Spelunker

honestly not sure but the mod crashes the game on opening if i try to use this mod makes me sad :/

2. sigint

sigint Phantasmal Quasar

At it's current, it's best to wait for the update. It's been a while since the last stable patch, and since then, there were changes to the game that altered things.

It IS being worked on, just bear with Valkyrie for the time being. Lots of hard work and hours are being dumped into this.

AmazonValkyrie likes this.
  3. AmazonValkyrie

AmazonValkyrie Spaceman Spiff

Did you download and install any other mods along with this one? Is anybody else experiencing this kinda thing? I haven’t heard anything like this on steam, so I’d suggest subscribing to the mod there and see if you’re still having issues (after deleting the recent install from here, of course).

4. Khioni

Khioni Pangalactic Porcupine

I haven't seen any crashing from this mod happening yet- I use it with Frackin' Universe, my Ivalice Moogle mod, Frackin' Races and many others.
    Whatever the issue seems to be, the starbound.log file should show it- please upload that, as if you're experiencing this supposed crash-on-load and there's no log uploaded, then how is Valkyrie supposed to know what to (try to) fix that if it isn't already?

Even then, he IS working on that update.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  5. chloesadida

chloesadida Space Spelunker

no worries i solved it i got it through steam it seems o work fine ^.^

6. ultimasin

ultimasin Space Hobo

I have the fracking universe zip from chucklefish , ive tried unzipping and putting it into the mods folder, the game crashes on startup. ive also tried not unzipping it, doesn't work. the character extender works fine, and the United Systems expansions work fine, but they are .pak files. can anyone tell me how to get the fracking universe in .pak?

7. Khioni

Khioni Pangalactic Porcupine

Valkyrie didn't make any of the mods.

That aside, if Frackin' Universe is really what's crashing you, and it's not just a "folder inside folder" error, then the boot crash log file needs to go to Sayter. Check inside the folder first.

If you somehow got a "folder inside a folder", then that's why it's bricking: the file paths are all botched.
    i.e /FrackinUniverse<version>/FrackinUniverse<version>/<files>
    Should be /FrackinUniverse<version>/<files>
    A .pak is just all the other files in a mod condensed into one file.

8. AmazonValkyrie

So as you all can tell I've taken a rather extended vacation from mod work over the summer. So sorry for that. My real life has kinda been all over the place and I'm at a point where I've got to find another job. I've faced financial and personal woes these past several months, but I'm determined to continue my work here and finish what I started. Before I took this break I was working on a large update that I had been briefing you all on as much as I could. I have a lot to release that needs a good bit of finishing touches, but at the encouragement of friends and family I've decided to start a Patreon page for donations toward my mod work. As an artist whose main focus has been such creative ventures, I felt it was a good idea to at least accept donations from fans of my work. No pressure whatsoever, but I wanted to take this time to share the link:

Amazon Valkyrie's Donation's Page

A big thanks to all of you who have supported me over the years in my endeavors. I hope all is well with all of you.

sigint, Natural Aura and Khioni like this.
  9. AmazonValkyrie

Chiming in with a very brief progress update. On a whim I sprited the Viera archer. All female frames are completed, I've just gotta finalize the male version and color options. I'll probably also try and tackle re-spriting the White Mage. I'm trying to keep in mind how I want their looks to evolve from tier to tier, and am slowly coming up with some interesting aesthetics. Hope all is well with all of you!

10. AmazonValkyrie

Apologies for radio silence the last few weeks :zzz: For a while my living situation has been up in the air and my bf and I have been working ‘round the clock since the start of September to fix up a living space for ourselves. I should be back to work on the Viera within a week. The last feat I accomplished was re-spriting the White Mage. I still have color options to pu together for it but that makes the tier 1 looks for the first three job armors done. Subsequent tiers will show visual upgrades and changes to each outfit, as it feels like a must for me to do. I look forward to have more to show soon. Take care, all!

Kyyttyy, sigint, Guilmonex and 3 others like this.
  11. eri.e.h

eri.e.h Void-Bound Voyager

does anyone know if you can use the viera items if you aren't playing as one? And how do i take items from the viera villagers as i can't find a generator lol

12. Natural Aura

Natural Aura Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm pretty sure all Viere crafting stations along with all their corresponding armor and weapons are all specified to the Viere race. Also, I don't believe there is a generator for the Viera village or it is out of the players reach.
    Therefore, if you wanted to use Viere items as any other race, I believe you'd have to use the admin commands to craft the crafting stations and remove the barrier for the village.

I'm not currently on the game right now, but this would be my best guess, I pondered about the same subject over the Orcana race. I hope this helps! ^^

eri.e.h likes this.
  13. Comito

Comito Pangalactic Porcupine

Just started playing this mod and I love what there is so far. Hope to see it continue to grow.

14. AmazonValkyrie

Just letting everyone know, I'm still here. So much has been keeping me away from every sort of creative work. Thanks for your continued support, everyone.

15. sigint

sigint Phantasmal Quasar

Never a doubt.

16. Natural Aura

Hope you don't mind me asking, but is there any way to reduce the amount of light magicite crystals emit? (If you use FU, the brightness scale alike to that of penumbrite would due.)
    You don't need to make the patch or anything, just pointing me in the right direction so I can adjust it myself would be fine. :)

17. Roselle

Roselle Pangalactic Porcupine

I am so excited to do another playthrough with this mod. It's not like I've done two already. What do you mean? Ha ha haaaa.... :nurukappa:

I disabled mods I think might interfere with the Viera's ship pet, but I still don't see one when I make a new character. Any ideas about how I should proceed from here? I did some searching to see if I could find the answer myself, but either I am alone in this, or I am derping hard. Apologies if it is the latter. Thank you for your time, and as always, for the beauty you produce!

18. Natural Aura

I may not be the author, but I'd be willing to give it a shot if you'd post you're starbound.log file. :drinkinggentcat:

19. Roselle

Roselle Pangalactic Porcupine

Oh my! Thank you! Very kind. I will attach my log file.

Attached Files:

20. Natural Aura

Was this starbound.log from after the first moment you created your new Viere character and not seeing the pet spawn in, or was this from a time after starting the game up again?

If it was choice 2, then I'd like to suggest starting the game up, creating a viere character, then (assuming the pet won't spawn in) quit the game. Send the starbound.log again to me. (It may show me where the error lies.)

If it was choice 1, then I'm honestly not sure where the issue would arise from. Especially considering a lot of it is steam workshop content... which is harder to nit pick. This might seem obvious, but you might want to consider back peddling a little by removing recently added mods to see if the issue disappears.

While I don't know how, there should be a way for me to see the list of mods you have subscribed to on steam. If you could send me a link to that, that might help me figure out where the issue rises.