1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

is this spec enough to play Starbound with FU?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by RickyZen, Jul 17, 2018.

1. RickyZen

RickyZen Big Damn Hero

after some money saving i decided to upgrade my RAM to 4gigs after encountering some problem with my Starbound gameplay but then here comes the question.. is this enough to play starbound with Frackin Universe mod with no problem?

here's some spec of my computer now :

Processor: AMD A6-5400K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (2 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM

Card name: AMD Radeon HD 5500 Series
    Display Memory: 2281 MB

let me know if i have something to upgrade again..

2. PseudoGold

PseudoGold Pangalactic Porcupine

My personal specs are an i5-62000 @ 2.30 GHz and 8 GB of RAM and I can run FU just fine. I also have several optimisation mods installed to get me around 50-60 FPS on average (haven't tested the FPS but it's playable with a few lagspikes occasionally with a lot on screen). Your system should be able to handle FU just fine since you actually have a dedicated GPU.

3. RickyZen

RickyZen Big Damn Hero

very well, thanks for the info.. i ask this because i was playing Starbound and got black box glitch due to memory error (was having 2GB Ram before) now i have 4gb shared with my GPU which mean 3GB Ram.. im still doubt about it.

4. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Except the game is more CPU dependant, not GPU, and their CPU is quite weak. Yours is fairly more powerful by comparison.

His: https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+A6-5400K+APU&id=1494
    Yours: https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=intel+core+i5-6200u+@+2.30ghz

The game will run, but not well.

5. PseudoGold

PseudoGold Pangalactic Porcupine

6. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

It does use both, but the GPU really doesnt have much to do. Pixel graphics are super easy to pump out, so the game doesnt require a strong GPU. The rest of the game, the AI, world generation, etc, that all is done on the CPU, so you need to focus on that when judging performance of this game. That is why comparing performance between games is moot and pointless.

7. Enderax

Enderax Void-Bound Voyager

i have a 4gd of RAM, intel inside i5, is that enough to run the game?
    because im scared it would say systemmemory.outofexception thing

8. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

I think its fine. It will run, but not as smooth as a gaming PC would be. It's just my thought, though. Not a hunderd percent correct.