WIP Tangie's Contemporary Bohemian Furniture!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by tangeriney, Jul 22, 2018.

1. tangeriney

tangeriney Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hi! I'm working on this furniture project that's probably going to take me FOREVER because 1: I'm not an artist and 2: I play SDV too much to be actually productive lol. But I thought I'd share what I've got, in case anyone wants to use it!

[​IMG]
    The Idea

I want something that feels authentic to the style of Stardew Valley, but with a light, contemporary, and somewhat whimsical feel. We have so many gorgeous furniture sets already, and I want to make something new and not too over-styled. Something that will look good and feel right in every pixellated home. I love contemporary/modern/mid-century design mixed with lush bohemian flair. Minimalist design with lots of cozy details. Light and airy meets warm and fuzzy.

Design Aesthetic:
    Light neutral overall theme
    Warm wood tones
    Rich textiles
    Uniform furniture colors (but with various styles/decorations, ie: dining table with/without setting)
    Uniform accent colors (but with multiple color schemes to choose from at download)
    Hippie-dippie decor

Anyway, probably won't be done for a very, very, very long time, but I thought I'd post what I have done here, in case anyone would like to use it. I'll come back to this thread to post updates when I finish something new.

What Doing

Done So Far:
    - White brick fireplace
    - Red Persian rug
    - Small TV stand
    - Basic window
    - 2 plants
    - 2 small dining tables
    - Polaroid wall decor
    - Fresh neon sign (replaces Joja light)

Next Up:
    - Maybe a couch and some chairs
    - Might fix the moon in the nighttime window - I realized it looks pretty stupid if you have more than one window
    - Window with curtains
    - Try again with the dining chairs
    - Dining table with iron legs
    - Fairy lights wall decor
    - Try making a hanging plant or even a pendant light out of a painting tile
    - Idk whatever I feel like - if you have ideas/requests lmk!

Update Log:
    7/22/18 - added 2 dining tables, red rug, window, 2 plants, more polaroids, fresh neon light (replaces joja light, still needs work but looks great on dark wallpaper!)
    7/22/18 - took ugly oak chairs out of downloadable file. will deuglify later.
    7/21/18 - did a fireplace

Downloads

Stardew Valley 1.3.x (beta):
    see attached

Previous Versions:
    attached .png of fireplace only so you can modify .xnb files yourself [:
    I haven't yet made a furniture.xnb for pre-1.3 versions yet, and I don't know if the 1.3 versions will work???? you can try it and let me know if you want! but back up your original furniture.xnb first!

also pictured in preview:
    hojichas' wallpaper & floors
    ace's house

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    • Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

hey, i /am/ an artist i just can't code for anything xD if you need help making stuff i'd totally be down for trying ^^

• tangeriney

Thank you! That would be super cool! :) Do you have any examples of your style?

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

• tangeriney

• tangeriney

I wanted to add this to the original post but it wouldn't let me??? So I'll just link to it I guess.

Design Ideas

Decor:
          - More crystals

- Updated globe
          - Lots of plants in cute planters

Wall Decor:
          - Hanging plant with vines
          - Neon signs
          - Fairy lights
          - A dream catcher
          - More polaroids
          - Mandala tapestries
          - Map (optional version with pins and polaroids)
          - "Vision board"
          - Art with more muted colors in more contemporary frames (blacks and golds and wood tones)
          - Macrame art

Floor Decor:
          - Fluffy shag rug
          - Natural fiber rugs
          - Rich colored Oriental/Persian rugs
          - Welcome mat
          - Boot tray

Furniture:
          - Simple, modern/contemporary sofas and chairs with colorful/patterned pillows and throws
          - Funky armchairs
          - Trunk coffee table
          - Cushy ottomans and cozy floor cushions
          - Modern/contemporary industrial wood and iron bookshelves
          - Simple floor lamps
          - Candles and lanterns as table lamps
          - Himalayan salt lamp?

Fixtures:
          - Squared corners on windows, simple black or warm wood frames.
          - Option for windows with flowy sheer curtains or no curtains

Non Furniture.xcf Items:
          - Simple iron bed frame, cozy soft white bed linens, colorful textured throw blanket
          - Modern/contemporary kitchen in light colors with open shelving (if possible) and lots of decoration

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

neat ^^ if you send me the raw game defaults you want changed and how you'd like them to be modified(with a description or pictures) i will mod them for you<3 since it's my job to make art i may take a couple of days to finish since i have to work around commissions :rofl:

• tangeriney

Cool! Is there anything in particular you want to work on? Decor or tables or...? I can also send you the full furniture.png file if you want.

• tangeriney

Also, I just updated this with more furniture! Starter houses in the basic farm will pretty much be fully decked out ;P

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

nope, everything is game ^^ though single-tile stuff first might be better if you need anything done in a particular order. personally sending the full tilesheet would be grand since eventually i will need the pieces anyway ^^

• tangeriney

lol i put a little crescent moon in the night time window because i thought it'd be cute. then i was playing and bought a second window and realized two moons looks pretty stupid. might fix later.

• Kuriiyo

Kuriiyo Cosmic Narwhal

Oh this is gorgeous. I'll definitely use it once it's more fleshed out.

• tangeriney

Thank you! It's kind of been put on the back burner while I was working on Immersive Festival Dialogue, but I'll try to focus a bit more on it soon!

• Kuriiyo

Kuriiyo Cosmic Narwhal

To be fair, I use that mod as well lol. It's nice to get something other than the one-liner.

tangeriney likes this.
                          • Ratlochet

Ratlochet Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh, I love this so far! I can't wait to download once it's more fleshed out! I would now, but... I think not having a full, matching set would kill me. :laugh: Definitely following this thread in the meantime. Keep up the great work! <3

• tangeriney

Thank you! I'm sorry I haven't done much with this in a bit, I was busy working on Immersive Festival Dialogue, then I was taking a break, now I just started a new job, but I'll get back to this as soon as I can!

Ratlochet likes this.
                              • ximo233

ximo233 Space Hobo

留名

• isaandrea1

isaandrea1 Intergalactic Tourist

I downloaded the furniture, but where in the game does it appear?