1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Collectable Figurines 3.0

Collectable Figurines from various anime and comics

1. Deciton_Reven

Deciton_Reven Cosmic Narwhal

I see, so it's more of an optical illusion of the mlp sprites themselves as to why they mostly seem to not overlap. There are so many dang pokemon, I think the gachapon style of handling them was a smart thing to do over the blind bag style, but I'll think into it to see if maybe there can be another way to do it that might be fun.

I'm real tempted to go just 8x8, but those are real hard and the heavy shading doesn't really match starbound general. Not much opportunity for dynamic posing either. Alas I'll keep with the 12x12s and if some bad overlappiness happens it will be up to the player to space their figurines so they aren't rubbing against each other, just like in real life.

2. luna_panshiel

luna_panshiel Pangalactic Porcupine

yeah, the figures were set to occupy exactly 1 tile so you can pack them in as close as you like, since real shelves have depth as well as width, people can just fiddle with them until they feel it looks good

also feel the best way to do the gen 1 pokemon blind bags, would be 5 sets of 30 figures(totals 150, the last set can be 51) with what pokemon is in what set shuffled around, providing a few legendaries, rares and uncommons for each volume...

have a look at the loot table i set up for the pokemon gachapon sometime to see how it's distributed, my significant other was a huge help on getting those drop rates configured.

PS: if you're going to contribute something to the mod, make a figurine to represent yourself, i want to do a set of "dev figures" that has a figurine for each person that has contributed to building up the mod buyable at the figomatic. you can screenshot and edit a picture of your starbound character if you're unsure what you want it to be(they resize EXTREMELY nicely to 16 pixels tall and just need minor touchups from there)

3. projectmayhem

projectmayhem Spaceman Spiff

4. projectmayhem

5. MaxwellTheGeat

MaxwellTheGeat Void-Bound Voyager

When I try to take MLP figurine the game crashes with this:
    Expecting caught in client main-loop
    (CollectionDatabaseException) Collection
    'mlpbbfigs' not found
    Caused by : (MapException) Key 'mlpbbfigs'
    not found in Map::get ()
    Help please

6. projectmayhem

Uploading a fix now, collection was incorrectly named

7. projectmayhem

8. MaxwellTheGeat

MaxwellTheGeat Void-Bound Voyager

9. projectmayhem

10. projectmayhem

11. projectmayhem

12. projectmayhem

13. projectmayhem

14. projectmayhem

15. cloudmonet

cloudmonet Void-Bound Voyager

hello! i think the mod is awesome but so far every time i try to open my game it crashes

[17:09:27.682] [Error] Application: exception thrown, shutting down: (ObjectException) Error loading object '/(W) Collectable Figurines/objects/generic/colfigures/mylittlepony_bb/vol4/mlpbbfig_discord.object': (AssetException) Error loading asset /objects/generic/colfigures/mylittlepony_bb/vol4/mlpbbfig_discord.animation

[17:08:52.379] [Error] Could not read projectile '/(W) Collectable Figurines/projectiles/vaderbeamstatusprojectile/vaderbeamstatusprojectile.projectile', error: (AssetException) Error loading asset /projectiles/physics.config:vaderspam

[17:09:26.444] [Error] Exception caught loading asset: /objects/generic/colfigures/mylittlepony_bb/vol4/mlpbbfig_discord.animation, (AssetException) Could not read JSON asset /objects/generic/colfigures/mylittlepony_bb/vol4/mlpbbfig_discord.animation

[17:09:27.682] [Error] Application: exception thrown, shutting down: (ObjectException) Error loading object '/(W) Collectable Figurines/objects/generic/colfigures/mylittlepony_bb/vol4/mlpbbfig_discord.object': (AssetException) Error loading asset /objects/generic/colfigures/mylittlepony_bb/vol4/mlpbbfig_discord.animation

and here's the full file!

Attached Files:

16. luna_panshiel

luna_panshiel Pangalactic Porcupine

your download might be corrupted as there's nothing wrong with the files(i made them after all) the log is saying that it can't load them for some reason, no other errors are being given by the log, so either something is physically wrong with those files, or something else in your system is interfering with loading them

i have a newer version of the mod with some fixes but projectmayhem has been MIA for a while and not providing support, you can download it here

http://www.mediafire.com/file/54t649wzq11zuzb/(W)+Collectable+Figurines.pak

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
    cloudmonet likes this.
  17. notanaccount2

notanaccount2 Big Damn Hero

dead link as well

aaand it looks like the mod author is updating this mod exclusively on steam.
    Considering GOG users of starbound have no way of downloading the mod, and the author just up and left a broken mess here, that's a real scumbag move of him :/

18. projectmayhem

As the mod gets updated, we generally remove the old mods from whatever storage we use. This is quite a massive mod and (speaking from my end) I'm not paying for storage upgrades to my dropbox just to host 30 versions of this mod. this mod is too big to just upload to these forums, we've have to go third party. Maybe try asking some questions and finding out why the link isnt working before calling someone a scumbag because a link is broken. Makes you look like a real dick, and makes me not want to worry about posting the update to the forums

19. projectmayhem

20. notanaccount2

notanaccount2 Big Damn Hero

Alright, I'll admit I'm perhaps a bit salty after repeatedly coming across mod authors who keep ditching support for non-steam mods here but responding the same to someone being a bit of a dick hardly gives you the moral highground. If you're going to act all high and mighty maybe not be all cheeky next time? Just a suggestion.

As well I'm not the only one that was complaining about the mod not being updated. If insults and a 1 star review is what it takes to get you to put in some effort for non-steam users then I fully stand by my previous statement.

Also, if storage space is that much of an issue, maybe look into alternatives like mega.co or mediafire, or even anonfiles (which doesn't even require an account)?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018