WIP Diverse Stardew - Unofficial Continuation (UPDATED 1.5, 07/01/21)

Discussion in 'Portraits' started by SarahSyna, Oct 4, 2016.

1. tenthousandcats

tenthousandcats Subatomic Cosmonaut

@breatemata I edited it manually on Aseprite! You can use any image editing software (GraphicsGale, Photoshop, GIMP, etc.) to make the changes you want. It takes a bit of practice, but it's fun and definitely worth it for the pixel art skills you pick up.

breatemata likes this.
    • Kee

Kee Void-Bound Voyager

Hi I saw you on this page posting the updated stuff form Diverse. I have the isue that no potrait or sprite works no more after the update. I wnated to ask is it possible that you could help with your talentuploading all her works or even updated potraits for the new update so we can still use it? :( please? the game is no fun without them I even have a coule more that do not work. Or can you tell me how I can make them work for the game myself?

• Kee

Kee Void-Bound Voyager

is it also possible for you to help with other none updated potraits? :( like this for example? https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/dbs-portraits.111350/page-2

I have mor ebut idk how to update them myself can you maybe show it? for future updates so some who want to do it themself can do so?

• tenthousandcats

@Kee You can update any xnb mod yourself by using Pathoschild's Content Patcher. First, unpack your chosen xnb files (the guide to doing that is here). Once you've unpacked them, just put the pngs in a content pack. You can try making your own content pack or using @.Lavender.'s Content Pack Template. Just replace the pngs in the content pack with the files of your choice!

Content Patcher is a lot less prone to breaking than xnb mods (i.e. mods that replace files in the game folder), so it's highly recommended! Here is the official thread for xnb to content pack conversions. That Elliott portrait mod you posted has already been converted, and you can find the download link in the list of conversions here (look for DreamBurrow's Elliott Portrait). There are a ton of other mods that have been updated in that list, too! :)

• Kee

Kee Void-Bound Voyager

sorry... english is not my first language and when it comes to technical stuff I don't even know anything about everything sounds like chinese.. :(

• hopieluff

hopieluff Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi there! Could it be possible to add Albino Demetrius to the CP? Or to explain how I can add that version to my own game? Thank you!

saelbrin likes this.
              • Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

hi, would a mtf sandy be too out of place? my own head-canon has had her as such since i first talked to her and it would be pretty amazing to have that kind of representation in the game

karcea and Alkanthe like this.
                • leilacrystal

leilacrystal Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If anyone else uses a hispanic alex like i do, there's a Hispanic george on Nexus, as well as a Hispanic Evelyn & George here! I know a few have been linked here, but I hadn't seen the one with evelyn.

I'm not 100% sure which Alex I'm using, since I downloaded it ages ago and then edited a few things myself. If anyone's interested, tho, there's a nice looking one here~.

Lavender also recently made a CP version of a black Lewis, which I thought I'd boost here in case anyone wants it~

------

I also have a request, if anyone is up to it? I use a (very cute) version of Vincent by daeranilen, but he doesn't match the rest of his family since I use the lovely Hijabi!Jodi by hopefulfox and the matching Sam recolors by duckyqueen. I'd love to see him match up! No worries if no one can get to it, of course.

Ratlochet likes this.
                  • tenthousandcats

It might be hard to get daeranilen's permission to post an edit since the last time they were active was in 2017 ):

• tenthousandcats

Nevermind! I contacted them on Tumblr, and they gave me permission to share my edits :)

Get them here!

Jas's and Vincent's portraits and characters are based on @daeranilen's wonderful redesigns. Outfits are ported versions from RTGOAT's Longevity and @Tanpoponoko's Seasonal Outfit Changes. I'll keep uploading my edits to this folder as I go, and I'll keep this post updated. You'll notice that some characters have seasons missing, but that's because I won't reupload the original diverse sprites and portraits that aren't mine. Once I've completed all the characters, Tanpoponoko will upload an official diverse version of her mod! :DD

Abigail - spring
                      Caroline - spring
                      Emily - spring
                      Haley - spring
                      Robin - fall

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
                        MasterYoba, EleB, staarfruit and 6 others like this.
                      • breatemata

breatemata Subatomic Cosmonaut

THIS IS AMAZING, YOU'RE AMAZING OMG

tenthousandcats likes this.
                        • leilacrystal

AAAAA WHAT GREAT NEWS, I'm so excited!!

tenthousandcats likes this.
                          • brontitall

brontitall Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hot dog!! These all look wonderful so far.
                            I've actually been doing seasonal edits of some of the characters for my own personal use...if you'd be interested, I'd totally share them!
                            (Also...long-time lurker, first-time poster, whoops.)

• brontitall

Okay, I hope I'm doing this right, but if I've breached protocol in some way please let me know.
                              I've done some alt seasonal outfits for my own personal use, which started out with me just pasting together assets from Diverse SDV with Tanpoponoko's and RTgoat's mods, but then I started making a few designs of my own and figured I'd share!
                              I could have sworn I finished the sprites for Maru's winter outfit, but apparently her tinkering animation is still unfinished. I'll upload it when I'm not being overwhelmed by my first week in my first full-time job. :wot:
                              Maru_Summer_Indoor.png Maru_Winter_Indoor.png Maru_Summer_Indoor.png Elliott_Summer_Indoor.png Elliott_Summer_Indoor.png

• leilacrystal

verryyy rough version of fall rain elliott~ his neck was giving me some issues, and it's not Perfect, so if anyone wants to clean it up have fun! but i thought i'd put it here bc 10kcats encouraged me to and that way i save some work for anyone else working on elliott, lol~

edit: added a messy winter elliott

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
                                • brontitall

• leilacrystal

some jodis!! original hijabi edit done by @hopefulfox

nearly complete, i think? tho she doesn't have a rain outfit, and i haven't done her summer sprite yet.

there's also two versions of her portrait! one features a facial edit by @tenthousandcats ~ i also did two colors for spring bc i couldn't choose, haha.

original, with a lavender hijab:
                                  [​IMG]

10kcats' edit, with a mint hijab:
                                  [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
                                  • leilacrystal

also @tenthousandcats feel free to shove my edits into the dropbox if you'd like!! so people can easily see how we're doing~

• hugbeam

hugbeam Void-Bound Voyager

I'm making shane portraits to match the style of the original diversity mod, if it comes out fine I'll try to make a jas and marnie to match

edit: just gotta finish shane's walking sprites and he'll be ready! already working on marnie's portraits! i'll be making these for the content patcher version so I'll just upload them as .pngs for everyone to replace. ill also be doing a version for the "shane's new job" mod over on nexusmods when i have more time

marnie WIP
                                      [​IMG]

original shane!
                                      [​IMG]
                                      i'll be including a regular version (stubble/messy clothes) and also a clean version (shaved/fixed clothes), as well as an alt. version (stubble/clean clothes) for anyone who wants that

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
                                        karcea, 009i66, faeamie and 9 others like this.
                                      • Starain

Starain Orbital Explorer

What a lovely mod!