1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

No suitable graphic card found

Discussion in 'Support' started by aldoarip, Aug 3, 2018.

1. aldoarip

aldoarip Intergalactic Tourist

So I install stardew valley today and it says "no suitable graphic card found". Anyone know the fix? IIRC, this never happened last I played v1.0 roughly two years ago.

• BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

• Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Its been moved to Support c:

• aldoarip

So are you gonna help me or just be "hey mod, this guy is doing something wrong, ban him!!!"

Shouldn't expected too much from an "internet police" guy, huh?

• aldoarip

At least provide help instead of just moving the thread around. So useless.

• BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

I haven't got any advice to give beyond reinstall your graphics drivers. That and don't post on the internet when you're drunk... Both of those are pretty simple first steps.

margotbean and One More Day like this.
            • aldoarip

Anyone? I guess I shouldn't expected too much from a dying forum.

• BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

You give no information, yet you play the arse from your second post. What OS? What graphics card? What driver version? Your nothing but insults! You come into the forum with a vague problem, which is almost assuredly caused by your own hardware or drivers, and then you just crap on people because you don't think you're getting the results you deserve.

The game doesn't require anything fancy for a graphics card. Unless you're on an ancient computer, it's very probably a driver problem. Are you running the most current drivers?

• UnexpectedParole

UnexpectedParole Phantasmal Quasar

ok. let me step in here and hijack the thread to help out.

BrentFX started with "welcome".
                  We do want you to join the forums, and we do want to help you with your problem.
                  However we've run into a few issues here.

Firstly, not everyone on this board knows the code, or the specifications of the system, or everything about everything.
                  To get this post where people who can help you do regularly read the forums, this post needed to be in the support forums.
                  BrentFX noted that, mentioned it to you so you'd know for the future, and also flagged that post for the forum mods so they could move it.
                  Why? Because he wanted to help but that was the best he could do to help you. Most of us don't have the ability to move posts.
                  Then, the mod Hel moved your post to that section. -Which is where I found it. Why? So you could get help, and hel, doesn't know the answer either, but some-one here might. -Not all mods know the games inter workings either. They just know how to manage posts and forums.

Let me repeat that. Hel doesn't know how to answer your question or help. But they did put your post where it had the best chance to be answered by some-one who knows.

So why treat Hel so bad? Why treat BrentFX so badly?

No I can't help you with your graphics problems either, but I'm doing my part to try to explain how your reactions to people who are trying to help you <the best they can> might discourage all of the unpaid volunteers and members of this community who can help you from doing so.

Again, welcome to the boards and I hope some-one who can help you answers your questions soon.

Take care.

BentFX likes this.