Announcement Stardew Valley on PS Vita Out Now on EU & US PS Store!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by superconsole, May 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BoberMod

BoberMod Void-Bound Voyager

do you plan to do it for the Nintendo 3ds?

• plattym3

plattym3 Aquatic Astronaut

Just throwing a suggestion out there for fixing that eye color thing (that it cracks me up people even notice).

Release the patch to fix it.

Call it the "eye patch."

• Yarott

Yarott Phantasmal Quasar

I need to ask here, but will the Vita version get the single player content from the latest update? That's all I want to know.

Catwah likes this.
        • SSShakuras

SSShakuras Big Damn Hero

Still crashing after long play session when it's saving , blowing my day progress to oblivion.

When will that be fixed ? It's been more than 2 month since initial release and more than 1 month since the last patch

vita_lover and Yarott like this.
          • oldmanstu

oldmanstu Starship Captain

I wish they would even just acknowledge it. They have not responded to any of the threads mentioning the crash problem and I am now worried they are just gonna ignore it and hope us few Vita owners just give up asking.

vita_lover and Yarott like this.
            • vita_lover

vita_lover Space Spelunker

I am having some issues with the game on vita:
              - with the speakers while playing. some cracking sounds, and when the sound is on mute, there is still some noise coming from the speakers. this only happens while playing stardew valley. (tested it on other games and have no issues)
              - during the community festival event in fall the player keeps running up while talking to the community members
              - crashes during saving after the community fall festival event
              - framerate issues

@superconsole will you guys be releasing another patch soon?

• Dichotomy76

Dichotomy76 Master Chief

Still no patch to fix the repeating skull cavern floor issue on the Vita? I've had the game on PC for a long time and bought it specifically for Vita for the portability and am pretty disappointed I wasted the money on it. I've had the game shelved for over a month now for, what I am guessing, is a simple bug with the seeding of the RNG. Starting to feel like you've got our money and run on this port, which is a shame since you put so much work into updating the other versions of the game, but Vita players haven't even had an acknowledgement that the problem is being looked into after the first wave of patches for the truly broken release. At this point all I can say is I can't purchase any of the company's future products if I'm left with a broken one now.

oldmanstu, TakaMyo and vita_lover like this.
                • SSShakuras

SSShakuras Big Damn Hero

It's not that it's getting old, but it's getting old....

vita_lover likes this.
                  • vita_lover

vita_lover Space Spelunker

are the moderators even reading this forum? how can i request a refund? the game keeps crashing when going to sleep after two in game years...

• oldmanstu

Sadly, I do not think anyone is reading the posts about the Vita issues anymore.
                      There have been numerous threads in the Support section asking for the issue to be at least acknowledged but they have had zero official response.

Basically, we bought it now we gotta live with the shame and regret of that decision. Haven't played it on Vita in ages as the Skull Cavern is tedious and annoying rather than fun.

• alholm

alholm Tentacle Wrangler

FYI everyone, I gave up on the forum and just DMed ConcernedApe on twitter. He is aware of the various vita glitches and has been pushing the porting team to get it patched ASAP. It’s in the pipeline but coordinating time to get it done has been difficult, hence the wait being longer than he wanted. Also, he’s a really nice dude.

plattym3 and vita_lover like this.
                        • Flogisto

Flogisto Intergalactic Tourist

I purchased a physical copy of Stardew Valley for PS4 a few days ago. How can I download the game on PSVita using the cross-buy? Ty.

• SSShakuras

SSShakuras Big Damn Hero

" pushing the porting team to get it patched asap" ? is that supposed to be a joke ?
                            We got two miserable band-aid patch in the first month followed by nary a word since THREE MONTH when we're talking about CRASHES and not just mere graphical glitches !?
                            I don't call this "pushing for anything", I call this don't giving a f*ck about their customer who bought their hasty non tested botched release.

• Dichotomy76

Dichotomy76 Master Chief

Another month and a half since my last post with no official word on anything being done, or even acknowledging that there are problems with the vita port. Really think the law needs to be updated for digital goods, if I bought a defective TV I'd easily be able to return it for a refund or replacement. Until they are I'll assume that some companies will continue to not live up to reasonable obligations to their customers and I'll just inform others of my good and bad findings. The game has been broken for almost 5 months now so I'll give up on hoping for a response and put it in the 'fool me once' category.

• oldmanstu

Well, I think all of us Vita owners can be happy knowing that they are now releasing on android and iOS without even a word about a patch to fix our version.

I am honestly surprised that ConcernedApe - who made this game by himself as a love letter to his time on Harvest Moon - would let his baby be treated in such a crappy manner by other people porting his game. If I was him I would be so conscious about my name being attached to a shitty version that I would be on the phone every day getting them to hurry up and fix it - oh and maybe also taking a few minutes to post something about the state of play every now and then.

• plattym3

plattym3 Aquatic Astronaut

Yeah, the Vita port wasn't perfect and I know some people have a lot worse time than I did (4 or 5 crashes in 70+ hours), but with the Vita barely breathing & already with a grave picked out, we're lucky to have got it.

Loved this game enough to get a full review up about it!

https://rpgamer.com/review/stardew-valley-review/

• oldmanstu

I don't see it your way.

Ok, so we were lucky to get this once great game on our dead handheld, but it is not acceptable for it to be crash-ridden, full of micro-stutters and with the repeating level bug in Skull Cavern.
                                    Even less acceptable is the lack of communication from the devs who ported it about a patch.

vita_lover and SSShakuras like this.
                                    • SSShakuras

SSShakuras Big Damn Hero

Yet another month later.....

• teyavatch

teyavatch Astral Cartographer

I waited three months (or whatever) to come back here because I naively believed the skull cavern thing would HAVE to be fixed by now. No dice.

Highly disappointing. At this point, it’s fairly likely I won’t bother even trying to play it on vita anymore. I can’t stand having basic bits of the game unusable for their intended purpose. :(

oldmanstu likes this.
                                        • Pheidias

Pheidias Space Hobo

I was so happy when this port was released and immediately dropped my PS4 save ca25h and started from scratch on ps vita did 25 hours hit the skull carvern with it's repeating floors and just stopped playing since that game basically blocked me from progressing. Haven't played the game in 2 months hoping for a patch. But I guess I'll never finish my farm. frecking sad...

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.