RELEASED [SMAPI] Chests Anywhere

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Aug 17, 2016.

1. neoisnotanderson

neoisnotanderson Tentacle Wrangler

It seems to correlate with when I buy stuff from a store the same day. Or when I interact with a chest inside of the farmhouse.

• kirsch1391

kirsch1391 Void-Bound Voyager

This happened to me and I didn't have a full row in the shipping bin, i had 2 jars of jelly and 1 mushroom in the bin and i went to collect a reward from the community center and it showed the shipping bin instead. It also happened with only a few items when i caught a chest while fishing - never got the fishing chest reward.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@neoisnotanderson @Kirsch Thanks, every detail is helpful! What would especially help is...
        1. After it happens, exit the game and reload the save.
        2. Try to make it happen again, noting down exactly what you did.
        3. If you can make it happen every time (or at least often), post the exact steps you did and your save files here.
        If I can reliably cause the issue myself, I'll be able to fix it pretty quickly.

• neoisnotanderson

neoisnotanderson Tentacle Wrangler

I'll try it... I don't have a great memory, so it might be hard for me to remember what I did to lead to that point. I'll let you know if I can replicate it though...

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

I requested a change in the game code that should help eliminate that issue. No guarantees, but I'm hoping it'll be in one of the upcoming 1.3 releases. :)

neoisnotanderson likes this.
            • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Chests Anywhere 1.13 is now available!

Release notes:
              • Updated for Stardew Valley 1.3 (including multiplayer support).
              • Added support for auto-grabbers.
              • Added Automate options to edit-chest screen if it's installed.
              • Added support for scrolling chest/category dropdowns with the mouse wheel. (Thanks to mattfeldman!)
              • Improved message when no chests are accessible.
              • Fixed 'ok' button not closing menu in rare cases.
              • Fixed issue where opening the chest UI from the inventory screen while holding an item destroys the item.
              • Improved translations. Thanks to alca259 (Spanish), changbowen (Chinese), dezqo (German), fadedDexofan (Russian), heiwaon (Russian), and TaelFayre (Portuguese)!

• EricDraven

EricDraven Orbital Explorer

It seems that I'm not able to scroll through the chests or categories with the mouse wheel.
                Maybe I'm the only one. Has someone tested this new feature yet?

• elladecrez

elladecrez Yeah, You!

Hello there. Nice meeting you all. I would like to ask if it is normal that the chest anywhere only work in the farm but not anywhere else anymore?

I was in Pierre shop and forgot something in my farmhouse, so I just made a chest and place it in the shop for a while to get the stuff.

In the previous version, it works. However, after I downloaded the updated version (in fact I tried both of them), it does not show the tab where I can get my stuff from my farmhouse. Is this normal?

Not sure if my words make any sense, so I'll leave a video gif link here.
                  https://gfycat.com/BlandRepentantAmazonparrot

It is recorded by a great friend of mine. According to her, it seems to only work on similar map.
                  We not sure if this is normal, or either we missed out something. If we do, please do tell us.

Also, thank you very much for creating such a mod. It truly a great help.
                  We sincerely appreciate your effort in making this mod.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
                  • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@EricDraven Are you holding the modifier button when you do it? By default you can hold [left control] or [left alt] to scroll the chests or categories respectively.

@elladecrez It looks like you have the 'balanced mode' version of the mod, which only lets you access chests in the current world area. Installing the normal version (or deleting the mod's config.json to reset the configuration) should fix that.

• EricDraven

EricDraven Orbital Explorer

Thank you! I really should have read the config file... :)

• wolfeng

wolfeng Intergalactic Tourist

Hey, thanks for this amazing mod.

I have a question, what exactly are the Automate options added? I understand the "Don't use this chest for Automation", but I'm not so sure about the first option asking to put items in the chest first.

The chest is already working under automation by default, so what does that first option do?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@wolfeng If you have some machines connected to multiple chests, enabling that option for one chest will make sure all machine output goes into that chest (until it's full). Otherwise Automate will decide automatically which chest(s) to put the output in.

wolfeng likes this.
                          • elladecrez

elladecrez Yeah, You!

@Pathoschild It actually worked now!! Guess it is probably my careless mistake hahahaha. Thanks a lot ; w ; -sending virtual hugs-

• discordkitty

discordkitty Void-Bound Voyager

How do I make this mod not change how my chests are set up? I honestly never had a problem until the 1.3 update and updating the mod itself. But now it seems like my chests on the farm are constantly changing position. I prefer my tools to be in chest 1 and crafting materials in chest 2 and then other things similarly sorted. Since updating the mod I've had my chests constantly changing position and not in any sort of predictable way. One day they'll be as I want them, the next day they'll be a mess. A day or two later they're back to normal. There is no rhyme or reason that I've observed. I've even changed them up - removing every single chest and laying them down in the way I want them to be and having them correctly only to have them be messed up the next play session. How do I prevent this issue that I've never had in the past? I want to hit B and see my farm chests as I set them up with my tools in #1 without it putting another random chest into the place of #1 on a different play sessions.

• BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

Name them and set a number for their sort order. They'll always be right where you expect them to be.

• discordkitty

discordkitty Void-Bound Voyager

Awesome, I never did that before - thank you!

BentFX likes this.
                                  • JamieJ

JamieJ Void-Bound Voyager

I love this mod, but it's not seeing my chest in the desert, mine or beach, seems to only work with the chests on my farm. I looked at the config file it says "Unlimited" so I don't know what's going on there. Do I need to change something?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@JamieJ Are you playing as a farmhand in multiplayer?

• JamieJ

JamieJ Void-Bound Voyager

No. But...I figured it out!!! OHMAWGAWD, this is the best mod ever. ...EVER. Mind blown. I didn't notice the area drop down on the top right. So...wow, bravo. I'm ruined... I'll never be able to go back to the old way.

Pathoschild likes this.
                                        • leilacrystal

leilacrystal Scruffy Nerf-Herder

love love love this mod!! i can't play without it~

i was wondering if you'd look into possibly making it compatible with Remote Fridge Storage, or adding similar features? I'd love to be able to cook with ingredients from my chests, and I haven't yet found a good solution for that! Just a thought/suggestion.

Like I said, I love the mod as is too! thanks so much for all your hard work.

Neferatem likes this.