1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Resolved Starbound not starting?

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Actual_Delicious_Bread, Sep 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Actual_Delicious_Bread

Actual_Delicious_Bread Void-Bound Voyager

So I reinstalled Starbound after a while of not playing it and decided to reinstall some of my fav mods. I went into the steam folder for starbound, open up the mods folder, and dropped in a character slot extender and some race mods .(https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/kawas-xbawks-mode-character-creator.81/) (https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/avali-triage.2852/)
    I figured that was all there is to it as that's how i recall it being, but every time i try to start up the game with those files in that folder it stops responding at the logo animation. I have only been able to get it to start up without the folders there and after a few tries it stopped responding even after I removed the files from the mod folder and I'd have to uninstall and reinstall the game again. Does anyone know why this might be? I'm sorry if it's obvious, I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to this sort of thing.

2. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

may we get your log?

3. Actual_Delicious_Bread

I'm sorry, may i ask what that means?

4. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Your starbound.log :nuruwink:

It is located in the storage folder of your starbound install. It may appear as only "starbound" depending on the file-extension settings of your OS. The file is needed so we can pinpoint the issue and provide a solution. :nuruhappy:

5. Actual_Delicious_Bread

hmmm well there appears to be 4 of them? And I can't open any of them... I'm sorry I might be going into the wrong folder

6. Iris Blanche

You can upload the file directly via the "upload a file" button here on the forums. It *should* normally be the one directly after the starbound.config file.

7. Actual_Delicious_Bread

ooh ok got it thank you! This the correct one?

Attached Files:

8. Iris Blanche

Yup. This log however shows that only "Avali Objects+" is installed. The rest of the log looks like booting up and ending the game via main menu directly after.

9. Actual_Delicious_Bread

hmmmm... is this any dfferent?

thank's so much for your patience by the way, I'm just completely at a loss eheh

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2018
  10. Iris Blanche

Lets pretend i didnt see the doublepost :nuruwink:

Thats the exact same log. :nurushock: Do you get an error message when starting the game? If yes can you provide a screenshot?

11. Actual_Delicious_Bread

aaaah sorry sorry! Um I don't get an error message, it just stops responding. Here's a screenshot anyways and a shot of my mods folder as well. I'm wondering if maybe I just tried to install them incorrectly

Attached Files:

12. Iris Blanche

Hm....just a wild thought here but it seems that maybe the log itself cant be accessed. Try removing the starbound.log file.
    Also try adding starbound as an exception to your anti virus software (if any is present)

13. Actual_Delicious_Bread

ahhh no luck... It got to the actual logo this time but otherwise it just stopped responding again...

14. Iris Blanche

has a new log been generated? if yes can you provide it? :nuruhappy:

15. Actual_Delicious_Bread

Let's see... I think it's different?

Attached Files:

16. Iris Blanche

Yup. No errors tho but it seems it is file access.
    Try launching starbound as admin.

17. Actual_Delicious_Bread

still no luck ;-;. Maybe I put the files into the wrong folder? Cause it seems to work fine without the mod files there.

18. Iris Blanche

They get recognized in the mods folder and dont throw any errors on launch. The freeze with no additional info in the log is kinda weird.
    The mods should be on steam workshop too tho. Maybe subscribing to them there solves the issue?

19. Actual_Delicious_Bread

ahhh yeah maybe. I'll give it a try! Thanks so much for the help! ^v^

20. Iris Blanche

Lemme know if it worked. ^-^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.