Mod for Entering NPC houses at any time.

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Motipper, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Motipper

Motipper Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey guys, does any one know of a mod at all to be able to enter the houses of friend NPCs at any given time? I thought maybe as an RP element, with people you're really friendly with it'd be nice to be able to not have to be forced to wait 'til whenever they're awake before you can go in, especially if you consider them as family and/or are dating them.
    If I could, I'd mod this myself but I'm super new with modding and programming and I have no idea really how I'd go about doing this.

If anyone actually knows of a mod that does this, or knows a way to do this (how to mod it), it'd be most helpful!

Thanks in advance guys, you guys are great!

• coldazrael

coldazrael Existential Complex

It seems there are no mod like that (I think)

As for the creation of the mod, that could be done with content patcher for the conditions (like heart requirements, or a certain npc must be your spouse/sibling-in-law/etc), and I could help you with it.
      But the problem is I have no experience with mapping :rofl: What you need is the edited town.xnb/.tbin, mountain.xnb/.tbin, and forest.xnb/.tbin in the content/Maps folder that changes the open/close schedule of all npc houses to 6.00 AM-2.00 AM (or your likeable schedule that you could define it by yourself)

Motipper likes this.
      • Motipper

Thanks an absolute ton for your quick reply! I appreciate it.

I also have no experience with mapping and am very very new to modding/programming, having only really got into code to make little mods for myself for Stardew so it's the first thing I've ever really worked on. So far, all I've worked on are sprite/portrait edits and dialogue/events(dialogue but not actually editing how the events work and/or go).
        Having used xnbnode to view/edit all the extracted files, I can see all the .tbins, however I don't actually see any .xnbs in the maps folder (just the .yamls and the .tbins). I honestly don't know what .tbin files actually are since I've never worked with them before.

Do I first have to extract them in a different way/need another program that isn't xnbnode to convert the .tbins to .xnbs? (or do I just need a program that isn't notepad++ to read/work with .tbins?)

Sorry for utter noobary ahahah but thanks an absolute ton for taking the time to reply! :) :)

• coldazrael

@Motipper
          You won't see the xnbs because you've already extracted it with xnbnode, the original xnbs are in your content/Maps folder. Well so, .tbin and .yaml is basically the files that's already unpacked and xnb is the packed file of them. .tbin file is sorta format for map file of SDV and could be edited with tIDE as far as I know, here's the thread for that ( https://community.playstarbound.com...s-map-editing-and-other-related-stuff.112279/ )

Anyways, I've asked the guys there.
          Now just wait for their reply unless you have other questions. :DD

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
            Motipper likes this.
          • MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

Wax key does this, but I don't know its current status of compatibility. It's prereqs have only been recently updated, and the official updates are for the beta version of SV.

EDIT: Seems to work fine on beta (1.3.31), but won't work on 1.3.28 because of needing Advanced Location Loader.

Motipper likes this.
            • Motipper

Thanks so much for all your help, I'm most grateful. I'll be sure to let you know if there's anything else I need help with! <3

• Motipper

So does this mean that it won't work on just regular SV? (Only works on beta 1.3.31?)
                Also, have you any idea if this mod also means you can just walk in to peoples houses at any given time? The mod description just says you can go anywhere without friendship requirements but some places (like Alex's house I believe) close at like 8PM whereas other places close a little later. I'm curious as to whether or not this mod removes those limitations but I can't seem to find whether or not it does, just to double make sure. (I'm going to assume you can since his screenshot is entering Pierre's shop at 6:10am?)

Under coldazreal's post on another thread you replied: "On the Building Layer, there is a Tile Property on the bottom half of the door that has an "Action" that looks like this "LockedDoorWarp 2 24 HaleyHouse 900 2000". The last two values are the open & close times." Regarding how to change open/close schedules of NPC houses.
                I'm utter sorry I'm a total noob! But where do I actually find this building layer/tile property etc? Are they in the .xnbs in the maps folder? If I'm aware of wherever I can find this, I might just be able to edit it myself.

Thanks an absolute ton for the help though, I really appreciate it!

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

Wax key does two things. First, it changes all the locked door warps so houses are accessible from 6am to midnight. Second, it removes the 2-heart requirement on many internal (and some external) doors so that you can enter people's rooms regardless of friendship levels. It does only work on beta SV at the moment (because there is no working version of Advanced Location Loader (ALL) for 1.3.28)

Regarding the other topic, without ALL (or a custom SMAPI mod) you'd have to manually edit the maps which means each one would have to be extracted from XNBs in the Maps folder into TBINs and then edited in either TIled or tIDE. The detailed instructions after that depend on the particular program you are using. In tIDE, you'd select the Buildings layer on the left, pick the tile selection tool (the one with the arrow cursor) and then right-click the bottom of the door and bring up the Tile Properties dialogue where you can change the warp definition. Below is an image highlighting the important bits.

MapEditDoors.png

Motipper likes this.
                  • Motipper

Thanks so much for all your help! That screenshot is super helpful, I'll grab tIDE and see if I can make heads or tails of it.
                    Thank you, kind sir :)

• coldazrael

I've run the test with tIDE personally and seems I fucked it somehow :rofl: When I load the edited xnb there are butt loads of errors that I don't even know what's the actual problem is.
                      I honestly want to spend more time to have this fixed but IRL stuff detained myself, I guess I'll leave the rest of mapping stuff to you. Sorry about that. :(

Motipper likes this.
                      • Motipper

Aww, aha, thank you so much for giving it a try! That makes me a very happy bunny :)
                        Unfortunately, I haven't really been able to have a look at any of it myself as IRL things have also been keeping me preoccupied. ):
                        If and when I do, however, I'll be sure to let you know!
                        I will try the Wax Key mod first and hope it works. If it does, that'll save me a ton of trouble anyway so there's that.

Thanks for being awesome :)