RELEASED 6/9/18 FULLY COMPLETED Pencilstab's Portraits (Character sprite edits available!)

Discussion in 'Portraits' started by pencilstab, Mar 24, 2016.

?

Who's next?

Poll closed Mar 31, 2016.
  1. Harvey

7 vote(s)
    9.5%
  2. Leah

19 vote(s)
    25.7%
  3. Sam

5 vote(s)
    6.8%
  4. Alex

12 vote(s)
    16.2%
  5. Haley

6 vote(s)
    8.1%
  6. Maru

5 vote(s)
    6.8%
  7. Sebastian

8 vote(s)
    10.8%
  8. Penny

12 vote(s)
    16.2%
  1. pencilstab

pencilstab Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm so glad! Thank you so much <3

• PixelHollo

PixelHollo Void-Bound Voyager

I love these portraits! I use them in combination with the mod Slightly Cuter Character Sprites. :D
      Your art work is so charming and it works so well in-game for everyone.

The SCCS pack has penny with her hair down. I wonder, do you have a version of her like that?

• spiritslive99

spiritslive99 Void-Bound Voyager

This is such an awesome surprise!! I'm on a Stardew Valley kick again and just decided to come check if any of my old favorite mods had been updated, and seeing these again was really nice! Glad to see you back... now it's time for me to install these right away.

pencilstab likes this.
        • Aeice

Aeice Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This was such an amazing surprise! Thank you so much for finishing these! They are my favorite portraits to date! <3 <3

pencilstab likes this.
          • pencilstab

Thanks so much. I'm really glad you enjoy them! It was fun to draw them, and I enjoy drawing the SDV characters in general lol

• sheetcakeghost

sheetcakeghost Weight of the Sky

Hey hey hey, who likes matching skin tones? This gal!

Attached Files:

pencilstab and Shellark like this.
              • pencilstab

These are fantastic!! Thank you so much for doing the edits again :D

sheetcakeghost likes this.
                • sheetcakeghost

sheetcakeghost Weight of the Sky

Thank you, hun. Because of your portraits I can finally romance Shane and Harvey. d:

pencilstab likes this.
                  • missashofoz

missashofoz Void-Bound Voyager

I know it's unlikely but I thought I'd ask -- I can never use anyone's portraits other than yours !! I truly love them. The only issue I have is that I found this really cute mod that causes everyone in town to change their outfits depending on the season, and that sprite has Penny with her hair down. Any chance you'd be willing to update with a portrait of Penny with her hair down? I honestly prefer that look on her anyway and if you ever find yourself with the time to draw it, it'd be welcome in my game! Otherwise, Penny will just be conflicting with her portrait :rofl:

• ThitPoulsen

ThitPoulsen Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hi! c;

Im not sure if this is okay, and if not i will remove it at request, but i took the liberty of changing your Maru portrait to have light brown hair and no glasses. I altered it to my own liking as it was only for personal use. Im not an artist or an editor but i did the best i could to make it look alright. I absolutely love your art style and i didnt want to change to a different portrait for Maru D: so i took the time to do this. Im uploading it here in case someone else would like to use it as well.

Thank you so much for all your wonderful art!

I've just uploaded the .pngs you need. First download pencilstabs content patcher version of this mod and replace the maru .pngs with these ones.

I take no credit for the original art, it all belongs to @pencilstab i simply made a few alterations to the best of my ability, intended for personal use.. but now shared since i thought maybe others could use this as well c:

Maru.png Maru_Hospital.png

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
                        pencilstab and HopeWasHere like this.
                      • missashofoz

missashofoz Void-Bound Voyager

If you only did it or personal use and you aren't sure if it's okay to distribute an edit...why post it? You should ask permission first and THEN post your edits, as opposed to just doing it of your own accord.

pencilstab likes this.
                        • ThitPoulsen

It appears the artist has accepted other additions that have added to their mod, such as the sprites. I figured it wouldnt be a long shot to assume this was likely okay, however, i do respect their work so if they are not okay with it, i will gladly remove it. I see no harm in adding this so long as i take no credit for their art or work. I have not posted it anywhere else and i will not be doing so in the future. I did not post this in a malicious way, its simply a slight adjustment that most people with little editing skills could make for themselves. The art has retained the style it was given by the artist. I didnt alter it massively or in a disrespectful manner. It doesnt appear the op checks this thread regularly seeing as your post also did not receive a response, so i figured it wouldnt be a huge deal to post it.

pencilstab and HopeWasHere like this.
                          • pencilstab

Hi there,

I'm fine with personal edits, and as you've observed, I don't check this thread too much. Your edits are fine (my main concern with a Maru edit is white-washing), but I do wish you would have messaged me privately first before posting them. Since this is the only place you've uploaded them though, it's alright. I was fine with the sprite edits because they don't actually affect the portraits themselves, they just were made to match them lol

• pencilstab

Thanks so much! I actually know what mod you're talking about and I hope to one day make it compatible with the seasonal outfits mod lol
                              You're not the first person to request Penny with her hair down, so it's definitely on my list to add a variant to, but I'm currently in Finals week for my college, so my schedule is a bit tight... But definitely know it's on my list of variants to make haha

Luckybug20 likes this.
                              • ThitPoulsen

I understand, i will remember that for the future c: thank you for responding.

• Luckybug20

Luckybug20 Tentacle Wrangler

Hey! I wanted to let you know that this is STILL the only portrait mod I can find and I like. Your art style is phenomenal and I hope you do take the time to make it compatible with the seasonal outfits mod, but even if you only updated this mod to be usable in coming patches I would be more than happy. Thank you sooo much for this mod!

pencilstab likes this.
                                  • pencilstab

Thank you so much and I'm so glad that you're enjoying them! I'm honored to know you've used my portraits for so long :D I do want to update but unfortunately my own personal workload is just a bit too intense so it likely won't be any time soon that i can make my portrait mod compatible :/

• Landwalker

Landwalker Pangalactic Porcupine

I've been out of the SDV scene for a long time, but I still check back in on it every once in a while to see what's been going on.

I can't tell you how happy I am that you were able to come back to this project. It has always been hands-down my favorite SDV portrait collection. Thank you, always, for bringing this to the community. I hope the intervening years have been wonderful for you, and that they continue to be so in the future. :party:

pencilstab likes this.
                                      • Sennet

Sennet Phantasmal Quasar

I remember using this mod before it was finished a while back. I'm getting back into SV on the PC and I was curious if there were any plans to make this compatible with Content Patcher? Unless it already is and I'm just drunk, lmao.

Either way, I am so stoked to come back and see that this was finished! So awesome! And hearing the tentative plans to possibly make the mod compatible with the Seasonal Outfits mod is so cool, ugh.

EDIT:
                                        I am, in fact, drunk and my dreams have come true because it does appear to be made for CP. Happy Valentine's Day to me, indeed.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
                                          pencilstab likes this.
                                        • pencilstab

Hey y'all!

I'm working on making my mod compatible with Seasonal Outfits by @Tanpoponoko

I just got Elliott's done; here's a preview
                                          [​IMG] [​IMG]