WIP Diverse Stardew - Unofficial Continuation (UPDATED 1.5, 07/01/21)

Discussion in 'Portraits' started by SarahSyna, Oct 4, 2016.

1. hugbeam

hugbeam Void-Bound Voyager

Ok soooo Shane is ready! (edit: updated a few posts down)

I hope yall don't mind that I also made some changes to Charlie to match with the original modder's style!

I've also made some changes to Shane's work uniform; I took some inspiration from Sam's janitor uniform as well as Morris's suit, as well as from the original unofficial modder's cute apron idea! So Shane doesn't look too out of place like in that bright blue getup that he had going on before.

Also he has jeans now instead of jorts, but if yall want the shorts back I can certainly upload another variant.

Just download the pngs and replace the old ones in your [CP]Diverse Stardew Valley folder! I've included variants of the cursors.png which I believe effects either the house heart event or the cliffside heart event? either way it matches with the edits I made so I suggest getting those too

Previews for the portrait edits:

default shane:
    [​IMG]

cleaned up shane:
    [​IMG]

cleaned up shane but he's still got that perma stubble (i plan on using this for after marriage or after that one heart event bc i think the stubble is charming):
    [​IMG]

To use this variant just change the .png name from ShaneNeat2 to Shane (and set your .congif file to scruff!) so you still get your stubble on the walking sprite as well!

Previews for the walking sprite edits:

Default Shane, comes with clean shaven variant named ShaneNeat.png
    [​IMG]

Joja-Mart Shane, comes with a clean shaven variant as well
    [​IMG]

Marnie and Jas are up next! I'm making slow progress tho bc life stuff but I'm doing as much as I can in my free time. Here's a cap of my progress with Marnie so far:

[​IMG]

Please let me know if theres something wrong with these edits at all, like if there are pixels out of place or messed up shadows, idk, anything. Also lemme know how you like these edits!!

edit: caught my own mistake, forgot to color his eyes for the wedding OTL, will upload a fix later but its not the most pressing concern

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
      karcea, faeamie, Acerbicon and 6 others like this.
    • .Lavender.

.Lavender. Pangalactic Porcupine

Ahhh, absolutely lovely! I use Dae's Marnie but I will have to switch.
      I never used the original Diverse Jas-Marnie-Shane set because it didn't match, so I'm very happy to see this!

• breatemata

breatemata Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm very happy that you guys are still keeping this mod alive, you guys are so talented

• hugbeam

Marnie should be up in a few days folks! i gotta rework her walking sprites a lot

Attached Files:

GreenBliss, karcea, Acerbicon and 6 others like this.
          • Airyn

Airyn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello! This is my first post, so please let me know if I'm stepping on any toes here :) I really love this mod, it adds so much to Stardew Valley. I was working on an personal edit of Evelyn to match the Hispanic Alex and George mods, using Ace's Evelyn and Abuela Evelyn as a base, but it doesn't quite look right? Would someone here mind taking a look at it for me and giving me some pointers on what I need to fix? (Sorry if this isn't the right place for that!)

Evelyn_por.png

Also, the Redesigned Willy mod on Nexus seems like it'd be of interest to people here? (I can't link it because three URL links is flagging my post as spam :( ) It gives Willy a civilian prosthetic hand and leg - I find it makes a nice contrast alongside military-prosthetic Kent :)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
            • tenthousandcats

tenthousandcats Subatomic Cosmonaut

This is the Jas I made a while ago based on Dae's edits and the original Diverse Jas:
              Jas_spring.png Jas_spring.png
              Comes with seasonal outfits here!

@leilacrystal and @brontitall and I have a discord server to coordinate and throw ideas around if you guys wanna join!! https://discord.gg/wM8BfXQ

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
              • tenthousandcats

Btw hmu if u wanna add stuff to the Diverse SDV Seasonal Outfits dropbox!!
                Previews of what's on there (outfit edits by leilacrystal, brontitall, and me):
                Abigail_summer.png Haley_summer.png Emily_summer.png Vincent_fall.png Jodi_Spring_Mint2.png Elliott_Winter_Outdoor.png

karcea, Ariable, faeamie and 5 others like this.
                • hugbeam

• Amu Tsukiyomi

Amu Tsukiyomi Master Chief

Hey, so I play SDV on a mac and am only partially skilled at doing "advanced" computer stuff.....so if there isn't a simple-ish way for me to make the .rar files work using archive utility....could someone either help guide me or make a mac compatible version?

Also, I always chose sebby before because his personality's like most guys I like, but now this would make him look a LOT like the guy I like as well, so I kinda got obsessed with figuring out how to make this mod work on my mac... ^_^;;

EDIT:
                  Well crap. Like I suspected, .rar is no go on a mac....it tries to open it as a photo...

so um....HALP PLEASE.

RE-EDIT:
                  SOLVED IT! I think....

EDIT #3
                  Do people want me to upload the DSDV zip I have? They'd still have to change the shane pngs to suit them.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
                    breatemata likes this.
                  • hugbeam

[UPDATE] Ok so Marnie is done and i've fixed the small issues with Shane as well!

just download the pngs and replace the old ones in your [CP]Diverse Stardew Valley folder! I've included variants of the cursors.png and the cursorsmarnie.png

heres a preview for marnie!!

portrait:
                    [​IMG]

walking sprites:
                    [​IMG]

heres a preview for shane!!

scruffy 1:
                    [​IMG]

scruffy 2 with stubble but no messy clothes, to use this variant just change the .png name from Shane2 to Shane:
                    [​IMG]
                    neat:
                    [​IMG]

walking sprites, neat version not pictured but its in the zip:
                    [​IMG]

joja shane, edited to match sam and morris' work clothes since shane's blue shirt and shorts seemed so out of place. theres also a neat version of this in the zip:
                    [​IMG]

clothes therapy edit to make him look more like a punk rocker than a leather daddy lmfao:
                    [​IMG]

Let me know if theres anything wrong with these :)

Attached Files:

• breatemata

breatemata Subatomic Cosmonaut

Can you make the junimo note Marnie? if possible

• hugbeam

unfortunately im only making png edits for sprites that exist in the [CP] Diverse Stardew Valley download, and the junimo note for marnie doesnt seem to be there... I know demetrius and robin are there but? marnie is not so i apologize but i can't do that as of right now :(

breatemata likes this.
                        • perhappiness

perhappiness Scruffy Nerf-Herder

breatemata likes this.
                        • Amu Tsukiyomi

Clothes therapy edit?

• hugbeam

It's related to one of Emily's heart events

• tenthousandcats

@perhappiness the finished sprites are technically already available for download in the dropbox! You can just insert the pngs into whichever sprite-replacing content pack you're currently using, and we'll just update the dropbox as we complete more edits :DD Once we complete everything though, we'll turn it over to tanpoponoko for an official upload on Nexus

breatemata likes this.
                              • Amu Tsukiyomi

Oh right.
                                Forgot about that being a thing, since I don't go for the ladies.

• flameofnight

flameofnight Void-Bound Voyager

I really love the work that everyone here is doing! It all looks amazing.

Does anyone have any plans to add the "swimsuit" versions of their edits for use with chefrude's Summer Swimsuits mod? I couldn't tell from reading the thread if that was already the case.

breatemata likes this.
                                  • leilacrystal

leilacrystal Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@flameofnight oooh i had no idea that mod existed, wow!!! thanks for the heads up~

i think the only ones that aren't already part of that mod are... let's see... kent, sam, marnie, jodi, and george. also the non-sikh harveys (tho that's a really easy mash up, not a whole new art thing).
                                    it'd be neat if the artists wanted to make new files for them!
                                    alternatively, i'd be happy to work on mashing things together sometime, like we have for the diverse versions of the seasonal outfits. BUT as i'm not the artist, i wouldnt upload them to nexus as an "official" part of the swimsuit mod. maybe we can put any swimsuit edits we do in a different folder somewhere, and we could give that link to the swimsuit mod maker :)

• AllisGrey

AllisGrey Void-Bound Voyager

I'm so happy to see that the original mod has been picked up by talented people willing to continue it! I was also about to ask if there was a version of Seasonal Outfits in the works compatible with this mod but it looks like that is already on the way too. Keep up the amazing work you guys!

breatemata likes this.