1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Macrochip and Logic Upgrades V4.11

Virtual Circuitry

1. Jonmcbane

Jonmcbane Void-Bound Voyager

Hello, I'm back.
    So after many revisions and different models, I have ended up
    with a completely different architecture of the computer i was
    working on, and is now much more optimized and uses assembly
    you can see photos of the architecture in this zip file.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1B_AoXLcetyzeYQ71_c1p-7ooVsjYX4AO

The Computer also now supports interactions with ram (Read/write from register A to ram)
    and has 3 registers and a NIL register, conditional jumps, flags, and other properties that have been added/improved

I've also been working on a much larger screen that works with tiles, its very WIP and primitive, but it runs fast and allows up to 256 tiles OR pixel by pixel
    here's a video of a short test of the speed
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1q2vsjRUs15B1GV6OlB46j6zIk6vEAKuw
    (this was tested on a server and was one take)

Sock_Bunny likes this.
  2. Sock_Bunny

Sock_Bunny Existential Complex

Hi!
    I have a suggestion :eek:

Do you think it'd be possible to make a macrochip remote control?
    Basically a held item that opens a macrochip interface, but you can only place wires, buttons, levers, and remote inputs :D
    So you can place a remote macrochip node next to a door, then you can use the remote control to power that node and open the door

3. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

I think it would be easier to make an item that acts as a remote button all on its own.

4. Shadowblitz16

Shadowblitz16 Pangalactic Porcupine

@Storm_UK
    do rising edge detectors output a 1 tick pulse?

5. Storm_UK

Storm_UK Existential Complex

Looks like their output pulse lasts up to <0.05 seconds rather than a single tick pass.

6. Shadowblitz16

Shadowblitz16 Pangalactic Porcupine

ok thankyou

7. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

What's the function of the outputs along the top of the 7-digit display?

8. Storm_UK

Storm_UK Existential Complex

They output the binary equivalent to the numbers beneath, so you can connect them to outbound remote nodes and replicate them on numeric displays outside the macrochip.

Sock_Bunny likes this.
  9. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

Aha. Thanks!

If I can make a suggestion: Master/Slave chips.
    Essentially, the Master chip would house all of the actual circuitry, and the Slave chip(s) would essentially copy the circuitry active in the Master chip, being able to interact with buttons and switches.

An example would be an elevator in a building that's being expanded, or as a transport system in a station. You could put a Master chip somewhere, and a Slave chip at each stop. Then, whenever you add a new stop, you'd only need to update the Master chip.

It could also be that the "slave" chips simply open the Master chip interface, but locked to Inspect mode, which would accomplish the same thing IMHO

Alternatively, the Datachip could be made a tool, and using it on a macrochip could update the circuitry inside it to match that stored in the chip

10. Nightmaster

Nightmaster Pangalactic Porcupine

Just two questions:

1- Is this mod still working in current version?

2- Is this mod incompatible with mods like Frackin Universe?

Sock_Bunny likes this.
  11. Sock_Bunny

Sock_Bunny Existential Complex

I'm not the author, but I use this mod with FU and on the current version and everything seems fine!

12. Nightmaster

Nightmaster Pangalactic Porcupine

Thanks for the info :)

Sock_Bunny likes this.
  13. simulatoralive

simulatoralive Existential Complex

I've had fun the past few days with this mod, just building circuits for the sheer joy of playing with digital logic:

3 Wire TXRX Macrochip.jpg
    This was a fun test of my logic skills, to transmit 4 and 8 bits over three wires. My idea for this circuit is to have the transmitters and receivers all in one macrochip that I can copy endlessly, then erase whichever parts aren't needed for a new circuit, then I can hook up input or output nodes on one side or the other to the buffers that go down the middle. If my math is right, the 8 bit version (at the top) takes just over a second to transmit a byte and the 4 bit version takes just over half a second.

Sock_Bunny likes this.