WIP Diverse Stardew - Unofficial Continuation (UPDATED 1.5, 07/01/21)

Discussion in 'Portraits' started by SarahSyna, Oct 4, 2016.

1. queertactics

queertactics Subatomic Cosmonaut

when I opened up my game after not playing for a while I was so upset to see that the old mods didn't work anymore!! thank you SO MUCH for compiling everything and making it work!! I was already super stoked to be getting my super cute Sikh Harvey back, imagine my joy at seeing that Ken had been modded too! Can't wait to download all the individual content as well! <3 <3 <3 <3 tysm happy holidays

karcea likes this.
    • masterbez

masterbez Void-Bound Voyager

Hayo im havin issues with Jodi and Vincent's new sprites/portraits not showing up? is it something in the config file?

• hojichas

hojichas Void-Bound Voyager

hi! i was wondering how these worked with the official seasonal outfits mod? i tried replacing the "portraits" and "characters" folder, but when i load the game, i only see the vanilla sprites! and i will occasionally see a diverse portrait, and other times, the vanilla portrait.

• pyppenia

pyppenia Aquatic Astronaut

i love love love this version of seb!! do you have a download link for it?

xixvimmm likes this.
          • Jadezaera

Jadezaera Void-Bound Voyager

tenthousandcats and xixvimmm like this.
          • Lephise

Lephise Void-Bound Voyager

I saw this mod a long time ago and didn't realize it just got Seasonal Outfit compatibility!! Big hype! Gonna get to this as soon as I can~ And shoutout to tenthousandcats for excellent taste in videogame cats.

tenthousandcats likes this.
            • Airyn

Airyn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Happy New Year, everyone! I've had a bunch of personal edits sitting on my computer for a few months now, so I thought I'd share them, if that's okay? They're mostly edits with a bit of my own work - I can't give specific sources, unfortunately, because I've used a bunch of stuff from across the Nexus and edited some of them fairly heavily, so please let me know if you'd rather I took them down.

This set is the Flower Dance sprites and portraits. It's a full set for everyone, but since I don't use all the DSV edits and some are based on other mods, you might like to edit them further. Also, I wasn't able to test all of them (I've been playing multiplayer with my sister, and I hadn't finished the set before we got up to the Flower Dance), so please let me know if there's any weirdness.

Edits include Plump Abigail (from Nexus) with the Chinese/Filipino skin-tone, Hispanic Alex, Filipino Caroline, Darker Demetrius, Black Emily, my own Hispanic Evelyn, personal edit of Hispanic George (from Nexus), Non-Sikh Harvey, Afrolatina Jas, Disabled Kent, Native-American Leah, Black Lewis, Hispanic Marnie, Ace's Maru (from Nexus), Dizor's Adventurer Guild (from Nexus), A New Pam (from Nexus), MTF Penny, SE Asian Robin, FTM Sam (with edited hair), SE Asian Sebastian (with edited hair), Hispanic Shane, and Redesigned Willy (from Nexus).

Some highlights:
              -Marnie and Jas have matching flower crowns (hugbeam, I hope I did justice to your beautiful Marnie redesign!)
              -George has two flowers because Evelyn grew them for him
              -Marlon doesn't go anywhere without his cape, but he's still joining in
              -Pam's wearing her old 80's prom dress or something

I'm more of a recolourer than a proper sprite artist, but hopefully people enjoy them :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
                karcea, Medicell, .Lavender. and 2 others like this.
              • juelsy

juelsy Aquatic Astronaut

i absolutely love this mod and im so happy its being continued!! i thought id make a samoan evelyn & george to match with alex since i dont think thats been done yet? heres where you can download the .rar versions! if op wants me to take it down i will :)
                evelyn.png george.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
                  Karmylla, MasterYoba and breatemata like this.
                • tenthousandcats

tenthousandcats Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oh man, I haven't been here in ages, so sorry for the late response!
                  @Jadezaera you can download Jas's sprites from the dropbox link! They don't come in a content pack since they're meant for tanpoponoko's Seasonal Outfits, so just dl that mod and replace Jas's sprites with the ones from the dropbox :D

• alturego

alturego Aquatic Astronaut

I stared wistfully at this mod for the longest time. See, I played on Switch, because my old computer was a piece of caca and old old old, so I couldn't play on PC and couldn't use mods.

But NOW. NOW that I have a new computer, the first thing I downloaded was Stardew and immediately started stuffing it with mods. And the first mod was this one. It just makes me so happy, and I'm so glad folks took the initiative to keep it going. Thank you to all of you for keeping this going and making Pelican Town an incredibly diverse and beautiful place to spend some time!

tenthousandcats likes this.
                    • worldworld

worldworld Void-Bound Voyager

Same issue here. I'd love to integrate them, but they don't seem to be xnb-files which I've usually used to insert the modded characters and portraits. How do you insert the edits, please?

Edit: I've unzipped the Seasonal Outfits into the mods folder and I have Content Patcher yet it skips the mod, because it is [not run through SMAPI].

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
                      • tenthousandcats

@pyppenia I didn't see your message last time I replied here! Sorry 'bout that! You can download those Seb sprites directly off the comment where I posted them (via "Save image as...") or download them from the dropbox I linked! (https://www.dropbox.com/home/Diverse SDV Seasonal Outfits)

@worldworld @hojichas Sorry for the late reply! Some of the files need to be renamed before they work. Jodi's portraits, for example, have different versions. You'll have to choose which one you prefer and rename it to match the ones in tanpoponoko and ParadigmNomad's Seasonal Outfits mod. And as this is a work in progress, not all of the characters have diverse versions, so you'll end up seeing their vanilla counterparts instead. We also didn't reupload notsnufffie's original work, so you'll have to rename reinsert those sprites yourself (I know this is a hassle, sorry). This is an incomplete list of corresponding seasons for the original sprites:
                        Abigail - spring
                        Caroline - spring
                        Emily - spring
                        Haley - spring
                        Robin - fall

Since the artwork is our primary focus right now, we might not have matched the file names to the original mod perfectly, so it's best if you double check the file names to make sure that they match. Thanks for understanding!

If none of that worked, feel free to shoot me a DM with your SMAPI logs! (And if anyone has any questions, feel free to @ me here or on Discord: tenthousandcats#0967)

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
                        • worldworld

worldworld Void-Bound Voyager

I didn't know I needed another mod for the files! Thank you for explaining how it works. I'll take some time to see which files I have, which I want, and which names I'll need to change.

I still have the files from the Diverse Stardew Valley Bundle from this thread. What do I need to do with the files from there with characters that exist in both 'vanilla' Diverse and the seasonal outfits?

Edit: Tried to insert and rename the files I wanted, but it got into a mess. I'll stick to the vanilla Diverse edits for now.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
                          • cel10e

cel10e Void-Bound Voyager

Hi all! I've been lurking this thread for a long time and I really love everyone's work on these edits.

After a lot of trial and error trying to do it in a simple way, I decided to make a complete merge of Diverse Stardew Valley with Seasonal Outfits, and I got permission from Seasonal Outfits' creator to share it here once I'm finished! It will be a complete replacement for both mods, integrating both entirely, with configurable options to choose from multiple DSV options.

Eventually I will attempt to incorporate every diverse edit that's been posted in this & the other thread & on nexus & etc, and to make it modular so you can choose which characters are altered from their vanilla appearances, but that will take quite a while!

I'm hoping to have the first full version ready to go by this weekend :)

breatemata, MasterYoba and Valkyr like this.
                            • Airyn

Airyn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Cel10e, if you're going to merge both of them, I can give you all my edits? I've got a full set of seasonal- and weather-dependent sprites and portraits for everyone except Abigail and Evelyn, as well as for Gunther & Sandy and heart-level-dependent sprites and portraits for Shane (shabby pre-heart 7 and cleaned up after that). I have no idea on permissions, though, sorry :( It's kind of a big clump of DSV work, Seasonal Outfits work, other random portraits, and personal edits. For some reason I can't attach it here (says it's too big? Even though it's only 6MB :/ ) so should I send it to you via PM?

• chiara

chiara Void-Bound Voyager

I'd love to see a hispanic or asian Eliott with his original hair colour + style and also Harvey with his original hair colour :)

• flameofnight

flameofnight Void-Bound Voyager

For Cel10e, I've done an updated Maru sprite for when she's at work - it's always bugged me that she has scrubs in the portrait and the old nurse uniform in the sprite. Also for anyone using the swimsuit summer event, I've fixed everyone's sprites; so Emily dancing, Lewis's tasting, everyone's kiss sprite for when you're married, etc. all have the proper clothes. You'll also want the content file I provided in there or it'll bug out (it doesn't edit the correct areas of the sprite map).

Attached Files:

Medicell likes this.
                                  • cel10e

cel10e Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks! We're working on getting the content pack ready to post here and I'll add those to it!

• Valkyr

Valkyr Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I love this and am using basically all of them but not actually all, is there a stand-alone download for Vincent or plump Abby? I'm really genuinely objectively stupid so my apologies if i've missed one

karcea likes this.
                                      • tenthousandcats

You can right-click and save the images from .Lavender.'s comment for plump Abby. You'll have to head into the dropbox for Vincent and download his files from there. There isn't a ready-made content pack yet, but we're working on making that happen!

Valkyr likes this.