1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Can't join servers, help please!

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Arvidkingen, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Arvidkingen

Arvidkingen Space Spelunker

I recently bought Starbound. The first thing I did was to create a character and play singleplayer for a while to learn the game. Then I decided to go on a server. When I clicked "Join server", it put me in the server for a second or so before I got disconnected with the message "Client-server connection no longer valid!". I tried changing some settings, i tried reinstalling the game and I tried on multiple servers, nothing solved my problem.
    Please help me.

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please provide your starbound.log. Its located in the storage folder of starbound and might appear as only "starbound".

3. Arvidkingen

Arvidkingen Space Spelunker

Here it is.

Attached Files:

4. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Your starbound install doesnt seem to have the permission to access its own folders. I assume that it is also limited regarding network usage (maybe it gets blocked by your firewall).

If you are on windows 10 try adding starbound to the exception list of Windows Defender.
    Also the default firewall rules for starbound block access for public network adapters. If it is set to public try setting it to private.