Modding Help Do's and Don'ts of reporting issues with SMAPI mods

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Entoarox, Oct 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shamemaker

shamemaker Guest

https://log.smapi.io/TpNr3BPT

Going through the Luau holiday and when it ends, the game crashes.

Edit: I tried with the egg festival and it crashed there as well

Edit2: Went through each of my mods, found the issue. It was Cranber's Fireflies for Custom Critters. I'm guessing there was some issue with creating the fireflies after coming home late from the festivals.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2018
    • valkryeloyd14

valkryeloyd14 Aquatic Astronaut

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@valkryeloyd14 It looks like both are trying to add the same item ID. I guess you could ask on both mod pages, and see if there's something one of them can do about it.

• valkryeloyd14

valkryeloyd14 Aquatic Astronaut

thanks for always replying, i did ask them in the meantime i deleted both mods
        i have a question is it possible to corrupt the save data if i did that?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

I suggest deleting any custom items before removing the mod that adds them, but otherwise that should be fine.

valkryeloyd14 likes this.
          • Tardson

Tardson Void-Bound Voyager

Crash Log: https://log.smapi.io/0yKbZtqA
            So the problem is that the File is shown in the "Load" and the "host" tab but if I try to start or host it It just leads to a screen saying "Loading.." with nothing happening - I cant do anything the Files arent corrupted (end of the File sais "SaveGame" ) but it wont load.

The Error caused after we all went to bed and the launcher crashed right before saving the day. But after the crash, it appeared to just load and didnt allowed us to rather open the map in Single or in Multiplayer.

If it helps. The Crash appeared one day before a proposal (Maybe thats the cause)

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Lowiese

Lowiese Space Hobo

Hey y'all! So first I installed smapi with some mods I've used before & liked. But when I tried to launch the game it didn't have sound at all (not on my headphones or speakers), so I tried to run the normal game (without mods and smapi) and it worked perfectly. I deleted all mods and tried to run the game with smapi but the sound still doesn't work. Can someone please help me with this problem? I'm using windows and installed the latest version of smapi from nexus.

Thanks a lot for the help!

https://log.smapi.io/twbthxzX

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Lowiese Try this:
                1. Launch the game with SMAPI.
                2. Right-click this icon on your Windows taskbar:
                  upload_2018-12-31_1-53-42.png
                3. Choose Open Volume Mixer, and look for Stardew Valley. (You might need to use the horizontal scroll bar to see it.)
                4. Make sure it's not muted, and try raising the slider for it.

• HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

• HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Probably the mod, you know, called `Extreme fishing overhaul`???

• Luigicat11

Luigicat11 Void-Bound Voyager

Thanx. You replied right after I deleted the post because I found it. I thought I already got rid of all the fishing mods but it turns out I didn't.

• Yrulann

Yrulann Yeah, You!

Hello,

I hope my save file can be saved! My game is not loading anymore :(
                      Would anyone be able to have a look?
                      https://log.smapi.io/xhq9TBW4
                      Thanks so much!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
                      • Desmera

Desmera Big Damn Hero

I have a ton of mods right now and I know some say they should be updated but they all have worked pretty well. I think the issue is upgrading my house for the final time. Game crashes when I sleep and it's the day my basement should be installed. I don't understand most of the log, but I think it has to do with the spouse room? I have a mod to marry the wizard and his room is really just an empty little square.
                        https://log.smapi.io/ABdkk3jz
                        Thank you so much if anyone can help with this!

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Please confirm the game works if you use vanilla SDV.

I am afraid the error is somewhat difficult to pinpoint, but I believe it most likely that it is the Spouse Room Floor Strip mod which is at fault, try running the game without that one to check.

Desmera likes this.
                          • Yrulann

Yrulann Yeah, You!

• Desmera

Desmera Big Damn Hero

Tried this but it still crashes. Tried taking out every mod except the ones that have changed something about my game like hair mod, diff cat mod, the immersive map and looking for love and it still crashes, almost positive it is the looking for love mod but marrying wizard was the whole point of this run! I'll look for updates to it and all my other mods and see if that helps. Thank you so much for taking the time to look at the log!

• Luigicat11

Luigicat11 Void-Bound Voyager

Thread Status:
                              Not open for further replies.