1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Enhanced Storage 6.0.4

A quality of life mod which improves the whole storage system of Starbound.

1. NeoVanAlemania

NeoVanAlemania Space Kumquat

2. Bndktk

Bndktk Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Howdy! Since the last update of this mod my game has started crashing whenever I open the storage tab on the Industrial Workbench. After a bit of digging it seems like it's something to do with FU's Mantizi storage items (specifically the imperial dresser). Here's a pastebin link to my latest log.
    (I am aware I have a ton of mods. I regularly comb through them to get rid of game breaking/wildly outdated mods, and every new mod I install has been carefully considered beforehand with compatibility issues in mind, so I'm fairly sure my problem isn't caused by the fact that I have too many mods. I do apologise if this makes the log harder to read through, though.)

3. NeoVanAlemania

4. NeoVanAlemania

I pushed an update to fix this, sorry for the inconvenience. Some tests confirm that it works now.

5. Bndktk

Bndktk Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Fantastic! Thank you very much for the quick update!

6. InsanityPie

InsanityPie Phantasmal Quasar

Can you add support for the inkling and arachne race mod containers?

7. NeoVanAlemania

I'm going to add it to the list. But I can't say when the next updates is coming.

8. AlphaDrako

AlphaDrako Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey Alemania, how are you?
    I'm a new modder here, and i'm learning quickly some things about the mods in Starbound.
    But, i have a question and don't found a answer on the foruns or Google, and your mod is one of my favorites in all store (yes, i already look all the mods here)

My question is: why make pak files? I seen that paste files on the mods directory works totally fine, but, i seen that the correct way to modding is to compact files on .pak, so, why? Is just to protect the assets, or to improve the stability?

Thanks for your time =)

9. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

This helps keep things organized, and the game actually goes faster with packed mods. They also are automatically packed when uploaded to steam, so you can also just upload there first, let it update, take the pak file and distribute it outside steam.

I keep my mod unpaked in here since it is already packed in steam workshop. Serves as a backup in case I lose the files. [It's annoying to unpak the mod manually when you need the files]

AlphaDrako likes this.
  10. CopperBoltwire

CopperBoltwire Subatomic Cosmonaut

I agree, Pak increases performance a bit, i can tell on my old laptop.
    Load times decrease too.
    But currently i'm busy editing a medium to small mod with more than 10k files, and thus loading is slowed, and so is performance.
    It's a small downside, but the only way to test if i did things right :p

But when ever i make my mod into a .pak i cut loading time of that mod down to at least 50% less... if i turn FU into a .pak instead of being unpacked, it's loading times is also halved. So .pak is the way to go.
    But when modding, one has to eat the sour apple and endure longer loading times and performance hits... ugh...

AlphaDrako likes this.
  11. AlphaDrako

Thanks for the answer, seems nice upload on the steam and take the pak from there, i'll try when finish my mods *-*

12. AlphaDrako

Thank you *-*
    I feel that debuff on the performance, but now i'm sure that .pak is the best way, the funny thing is that i using, for years some mods in files, and never figure out the nice increase of the performance that the compression could make on my laggy nice game!

13. CopperBoltwire

CopperBoltwire Subatomic Cosmonaut

I suggest you find a utility program that can turn mods you download from this place into .pak files...
    I use a program called "PAKit" i found in the utility section. Works great.
    So when ever i download a mod that is not in a .pak format, i just pack the folder that contains the mod and then transfer the mod to the mods folder. Easy and simple, especially with PAKit.

just besure you don't pack a mod like the following:
    Mod\mod\<mod files>

But pack up the mod like
    Mod\<Mod files>

When you see files like "_Metadata" and a cluster of folders and other information, then you know you hit the folder with the "<mod files>" :p

Yanazake and AlphaDrako like this.
  14. Silverbane7

Silverbane7 Pangalactic Porcupine

have to report that i am having once more, the issue where i cannot scan the enhanced machine in the outpost. (had it right at the start of the mods life)the quest where you have to scan parts of the outpost.
    only this time, the machine is not even in the outpost.
    i have 3 mods, frakin universe (yeah, lol hard to keep up with that mod its allways updated) frakkin music and the enhanced storage.
    going to try to remove the mod, load up and see if the quest can be completed. if i cant, im going to have to reccomend anyone else starting new frakin playthrus dont install the storage untill after they have done that part of the main questline.
    im sad about this, because the enhanced storage (and its hoarder add on) are a must have for me *shameface for being a hoarder in games lol*

*update*
    yep, removing the mod and the quest now tells me to return to esther, so if anyone else has just started a new playthru with FU and enhanced storage, this may be your fix.
    (i got a start of game crash, then a load char crash till i removed the one chest i had on the ship. still got the start of game crash after that, but my char loaded so dont delete yer character till you have tried that.)

15. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

The machines only appear after you've completed the erchius quest at least once. Because FU makes the erchius quest optional, you get the scan quest too early. Complete the erchius quest and you'll be right as rain.

Locky543 likes this.
  16. Silverbane7

ah. well i couldnt do that, ether :rofl:
    i got to the quest (after taking out the mod and continuing) and when i confronted the ghost, i died. and it went glitchy on me. the game stopped, i found my char falling in mid-air with the hp bar of the ghost crystal there but only the music playing and the game not responding.
    when i exited the game (windows problem, and a cancel then restart) the game would NOT load up for me. i removed the save char. still wouldnt load. finaly i moved the universe out aswell and it looked like my crash corrupted my universe.
    *sadface* well, at least i had only done that much.
    i admit, i was using the unstable since i usualy only mod my normal SB, and that may have had something to do with it (tho as far as i remember, unstable and stable are at the same right now arent they? i have had updates but many of them seem to just be steam-side ones where its keeping the game in step with their launcher and its own updates (i may be wrong, but many updates to my games have no info at all and are teeny things.)

at least i know now... and this time i will be a cheaty person and just /admin the fight so it cant crash my 'verse again.
    *mutters* i mean, i only had three...THREE mods :rofl: (reminds me of my skyrim and fallout where i cant use godmode with or without mods and fast travel lmao) its not like i had a hundred and my pc melted trying to run em all.

oh, thanks for telling me (its been so long since i tried FU that there was no Fmusic and we had just goten the new nav systems)

*edit* ooh, i was 7 files short. After a crash i verified the games integrity. maybe thats why i had so many crashes. i think my hard drive wants to retire lol
    so, thanks to your info and adding a mod i missed (Doh, i didnt see the part on FU for the fact that even if you dont download any extra player races, the new version includes them, so you need the Xbawks character extender or similar...*head desk moment* remember kids, read slowly and dont skim read :rofl:) everything seems to be working fine. the enhanced storage machine showed up exactly as it should, was scannable and everything seems to be behaving itself. even on the unstable branch (both of my starbounds are on only update when i play so i can remove them or wait for patches anyway hehe)
    thanks again of the help and the patience with this old gal ^^

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  17. NeoVanAlemania

18. NeoVanAlemania

19. GolDenBeaR65

GolDenBeaR65 Intergalactic Tourist

Is there a way i could get this mod but without the storage capicity upgrade? It feels kinda OP with that much space and i really want the sort option and other options that this mod adds.

20. Silverbane7

Are you using both the enhanced storage AND the hoarder add on?
    I personally use both (self confessed junk monster, can't leave anything behind lmao) but have you tried without the add on extra?
    Both come In the zip but you don't need to actualy use both if you don't want to.
    If you are already only using the base mod then sorry, this won't help you.
    Have you tried using the other machine to make the slots fewer? I know it only error messages me if the number of slots is the same on the storage I want to change. Maybe it is possible to make your storage item have less as well as more?