Modding Discussion Modding Guides and General Modding Discussion--REDUX

Discussion in 'Mods' started by cantorsdust, Mar 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

The farmhouse beds are not on the furniture tilesheet. The farmer's bed is on the farmhouse tilesheet and the children's beds are pulled from the Towninterior tilesheet.

• recyclek2015

recyclek2015 Space Spelunker

I double checked the files and yes, in yellog's mod the beds are on the farmhouse tiles sheet. The other furniture is on a different tile sheet. But I'm still confused how to make the bed texture show up in game. Also to clarify I did not make Yellog's dark brown and cream furniture mod and I also did not edit it to convert it to content patcher. I'm just using the mod.

I'm wondering if the new update has affected the farmhouse tiles sheet in anyway and if there's anything I can do to tweak the content.json to make the beds show up properly.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
      • Moragaine

I have not heard anything about it affecting the farmhouse tiles, the update was mostly cleaning up multiple tilesheets that were language tagged. Could you please post your log using the form at https://log.smapi.io/, to see if there's anything conflicting with that mod in editing the farmhouse.

• recyclek2015

This is the SMAPI log: https://log.smapi.io/mcPwviWU

I've also tried removing all other mods I've been using except for the CP Yellog's dark and cream furniture but the bed texture still won't show up.

• Moragaine

That's very odd.. Looking at your log, I know Mi's Chic Cute Kitchen is going to interfere with it, but if you took that out and it still doesn't work I'm not sure what's going on. The only other thing I can suggest is contacting the person who did the CP conversion.

• recyclek2015

UPDATE: I've figured out a fix for my problem, in case anyone else is running into the same issues. After removing everything else from my mods folder except for content patcher and the unofficial [CP] Yellog's dark brown and cream furniture the bed texture still did not change. Thus, I concluded that something must be wrong with the code. I've tried two different content patcher versions of the same mod (two different people converted the same mod and uploaded distinct files) but the same issue with the bed happened again and again. My fix was I downloaded the XNB Loader from Nexusmods. Then I launched the game to generate a config file for XNB Loader. Then I downloaded the original XNB mod from Yellog on Nexus mods and put it in the XNB Loader file and voila, the bed texture is fine now.

Yaoilover-89 likes this.
              • Moragaine

@recyclek2015 I did finally figure out what the problem was, but I had to update my game first - I hadn't yet when I first saw your post. The problem is that the game removed the farmhouse_tiles from the location that the mod was pointing at. The mod can be easily fixed by changing any use of "Target": "farmhouse_tiles" or "Target": "farmhouse_tiles.xnb" to "Target": "Maps/farmhouse_tiles". Once these are changed the edit to the bed shows up as it should.

Yaoilover-89 likes this.
                • Yaoilover-89

Yaoilover-89 Poptop Tamer

@Moragaine Hi !

I have a problem with this mod too. I changed "Target": "farmhouse_tiles" to "Target": "Maps/farmhouse_tiles" in the content but I don't have the white flooring and the dark wallpaper like show in the nexus link of the mod.

Can you help me, please?

• Moragaine

@Yaoilover-89 Those aren't part of this mod, it's just furniture. I'm not sure what wallpaper replacer that is, but you can check Nexus for it.

• Yaoilover-89

@Moragaine Ah thank you so much, I understand why now! :rofl:

I have a problem with the mod [CP] Eemie's Seasonal Victorian - More Config: I would like to use this mod just for the exterior of the buildings of the city but not for the exterior of the buildings of my farm. Is it possible and if yes, how please?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
                      • Moragaine

@Yaoilover-89 Unfortunately, that mod is only for buildings on the Farm, it doesn't change any other buildings. Are you thinking of Flower Valley? That one does change everything besides the Farm.

Yaoilover-89 likes this.
                        • Yaoilover-89

@Moragaine I see... I use Karmylla's Immersive Map Edits with Yellog's Wood Buildings, and I wanted to give the town the same style as my farm and the Eemie's Seasonal Victorian seemed like what I have for my farm.

Unless it is possible to use Flower Valley with Karmylla's Immersive Map Edits?

PS: And thank you so much for your help! <3

• JarkToons

JarkToons Void-Bound Voyager

Hey! I went ahead and made a video on the basics of getting started and making your first mod with SMAPI if anyone is interested

• HaloSonic

HaloSonic Void-Bound Voyager

do you know where i'd be able to find the different terms used for modding weapons in the game using JSON, such as Prerequisites for unlocking, and weapon stats?

• FloraFern

FloraFern Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi, could someone help me troubleshoot my content file? I'm terrible at code stuff and use bits and pieces of other mods' content files to do what I want to, however no matter how much I fiddle around with it, this one always throws an error:
                                Code:
                                {
                                  "Format": "1.6",
                                  "Changes": [
                                  {
                                  "Action": "EditImage",
                                  "Target": "Tilesheets/Craftables",
                                  "FromFile": "assets/{{Season}}.png"
                                  "ToArea": { "X":64, "Y":416, "Width":32, "Height":32},
                                  "FromArea": { "X":0, "Y":0, "Width":32, "Height":32},
                                  }
                                  ]
                                }
                                It's probably something totally simple like a missing character but I just do not see it. This is the error it throws when trying to start the game with this mod:
                                Code:
                                [Content Patcher] Error preloading content pack 'Seasonal Tub O'Flowers Recolor'. Technical details:
                                Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Can't parse JSON file at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\[CP] SeasonalFlowerTubRecolor\content.json. This doesn't seem to be valid JSON.
                                Technical details: After parsing a value an unexpected character was encountered: ". Path 'Changes[0].FromFile', line 8, position 6.
                                  bei StardewModdingAPI.Toolkit.Serialisation.JsonHelper.ReadJsonFileIfExists[TModel](String fullPath, TModel& result)
                                  bei StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentPack.ReadJsonFile[TModel](String path) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\ContentPack.cs:Zeile 61.
                                  bei ContentPatcher.ModEntry.<GetContentPacks>d__16.MoveNext() in C:\source\_Stardew\Mods.Pathoschild\ContentPatcher\ModEntry.cs:Zeile 209.
                                I read that an error was enocuntered on line 8 at position 6 but that's just the letter M?

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

@FloraFern : You are missing the comma at the end of the "FromFile" line.

• FloraFern

Oh! See, exactly what I thought, something totally obvious that my stupid mind was just glossing over, haha! This is why I hate codes, no margin for errors. Thank you for your help @MouseyPounds!

• Moragaine

No, you're fine! Commas are the bane of our existence(if you're working w/jsons).

• FloraFern

That's very kind of you to say :) The whole code thing is still quite overwhelming for me, for example - how do I know at what position the item or object is that I want to replace? Do the X and Y coordinates relate to pixels or to number of objects? I'm trying to edit the barrel brazier along with the flower pots (and, if I get behind all of this, some other smaller things as well) and the mod whose code I used as a base had the flower pot code already but I don't know how to find out where the brazier is located.

• Moragaine

When you're editing a tilesheet the x/y coordinates are pixels, starting from 0,0 in the upper left-hand corner - the number of objects on the sheet don't matter. To find the location of an object on a tilesheet you'll need to open it in a graphics program that can show the image in pixels(I think most do) - paint.net is free and easy to use if you don't have one. Once you open the objects png you can highlight the object and the area around it and the program will tell you where on the tile sheet it is. Stardew Valley items are generally built of blocks of 16x16 pixels; an item can use multiple and be 32x48 or 64x16 - everything is divisible by 16 - so keep that in mind when figuring your target.

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.