1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED WIP: The Viera of Ivalice 0.3.2

The Viera of Ivalice have fled to the stars

1. Roselle

Roselle Pangalactic Porcupine

Oh, the character was pretty fresh, but not totally. I created her to test the ship chocobo, saw it didn't appear, then dilly-dallied a bit on the noob planet. I sent that log file directly after logging in and logging out. I will do as you suggest and make a new character now. New log file is attached.

I run a lot of mods, yeah. Before I uploaded this second log file, I combed through thirteen pages of mods and removed others I'd missed before, which depended on Purchasable Pets. This is a mod that removes the ship pet and allows you to buy and place your pet of choice. I had already removed Purchasable Pets, and the chocobo didn't appear. New characters created since the removal of the other mods that depended on Purchasable Pets also lack a chocobo.

The sheer number of mods I run means it would be a huge undertaking to sift through them to determine the cause of the problem. Unfair to ask of you, and I have seen nothing that ought to interfere. I do not seem to have any mods left that influence ship pets at all. The problem might be totally random on the surface.

I will continue experimenting on my own, and hope the illustrious creator of Viera of Ivalice can find a way to make the unique ship pet operate smoothly alongside other mods.

edit: Oh, I missed one more. DEFINITELY no more pet-affecting mods now, though, and stillllllllll no wark. :c

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  2. Natural Aura

Natural Aura Pangalactic Porcupine

I took another look into the starbound.log, but sadly my idea was trumped. So, determining where the error lies within the starbound.log file might be a little over my head... sorry to say.

However, I don't want to leave you empty handed, let me make a few suggestion that might help with figuring out who the culprit is and ways you may go about figuring it out:
    (I'd HIGHLY advise backing up your save before doing any of this.)

1. Due to the fact that most of your mods are from the steam workshop. Open File Explorer and go to Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\211820, this is the location where steam puts all the mods you download to. Download "WIP: The Viera of Ivalice" here and remove it from the Workshop, this is optional, but it'll make it a little easier finding out the culprit. From there turn off your internet so steam doesn't interfere by downloading mods at random. Lastly, just start pulling mods out of that location starting a half at a time (I'd suggest making a folder in that location called "Placeholder" to put the mods for easy access) and then keep booting up Starbound. This will narrow your search, if not fix the issue... however it may take some time to do. If you find it, just grab the mods from wherever you put them and place them back in your mod load order minus the culprit of coarse. (The mods in that location are numbered with a ID or something, search it up in google and it'll most likely pop up with the mod that number represents... assuming you have another device to search on.)

2. There are people that know a LOT more then I do, join the Starbound discord. There a modding section in there, perhaps someone there would be willing to lend you a hand? Could save you the hassle.

3. Not really a 'Solution", but you could try spawning in the "vieratechstation". When a ship is generated, the tech station and the pet spawn together. So if you summon the tech station, it comes with the pet. (EDIT: I tested this, and the game brakes on ship! However you can use it outside of the ship and the pet will spawn in just fine.)

I wish you the best of luck figuring this out! It is quite the conundrum... Idk if this will help, but as I said above, the ship's tech station and the pet are linked together. So in other words, anything that changes that behavior or makes changes to the ship may be a culprit... but this is just a guess. :nurudapper:

3. Roselle

Roselle Pangalactic Porcupine

Oh gosh, I did not expect another reply! You're so nice!

I actually just had a Really Bad Feeling that led me to searching the mods folder itself, where I searched the ID for Purchasable Pets. It was still in there despite my unsubscribing yesterday. I deleted it. Logged in to my latest viera, and lo: "WOOHEEHOO!" and the cutest little birb running up to me.

Thanks for your amazing helpfulness!

Natural Aura likes this.
  4. Natural Aura

I'm glad you figured it out! I had my suspicions about that one considering it messes with the way pets spawn in. ^^

5. evendel

evendel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Can't lie, the thought of prepping a Viera for a new playthrough with a few goodies from my old save is kinda making me want to jump into Starbound again as a bounty hunter. Hope all is well Valkyrie! Ganbatte kudasai!

Natural Aura likes this.
  6. SacredCaedeus

SacredCaedeus Phantasmal Quasar

Man this looks so promising. By the way, is there a chance other races might be able to somehow learn how to at least make the vanity sets? Heck, how do these sets even look on other races?

7. SacredCaedeus

Sorry for the double post, but I decided to try out the mod out of curiosity. It seems pretty nice from what I looked at. However I'm having problems with locating what little weaponry you seem to have craftable in this mod... rather that it seems to NOT be craftable. I combed your version history and saw that the staffs are supposed to be in the wood working table... but they aren't there. In fact they aren't in any bench than I can find, Viera or otherwise. Am I missing something here?

8. AmazonValkyrie

AmazonValkyrie Spaceman Spiff

Chiming in with some new progress (finally). My bf has got the first Viera ship in game and is tweaking it's layout. I decided to take a different approach to it, and am excited to see a Viera ship in game, even though it's not completed. While he's been doing that, I've been designing new starter gear and am about to wrap up the first of the new sets. I'm trying to focus on prepping for the update in smaller portions so that I can finally put it out.

That weaponry was disabled in one of my last builds x_x

9. Natural Aura

YHES! I'll certainly be looking forward to it! Love the race and everything about it, you just keep being awesome. ;)

AmazonValkyrie likes this.
  10. AmazonValkyrie

Three new starter armor sets completed for both genders and fully dye-able! Six more are on my list, along with updating the rest of my previous armors to the new body animations. I'm playing around with color options to try and ensure the armor pieces can be mixed and matched.

More editing to the ship is in progress and it's almost ready as well!

I know not many of you check the forum, but I wanted to ask for hairstyle suggestions, especially for males. I'm having some trouble coming up with more for the men on my own for some reason x_x If any of you have any ideas, please link some pics here! And if there are any you'd like to see for females, feel free to link those as well. I've actually added several based on hairstyles from FFXIV that are very lovely.

KateisLost and Natural Aura like this.
  11. Ami-Chan

Ami-Chan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well, there's no rule saying male and female hairstyles absolutely must be unique.

I personally prefer boys with longer hair. heh

*cough* Alucard

12. AmazonValkyrie

True true. I already have a good bit of long hair used for both genders. Open to making more too though.

13. Charlatan

Charlatan Parsec Taste Tester

Metalheads unite! Long hair on both genders! raaaaaaaaaaaah :cool::sparta:

14. SacredCaedeus

Are there plans to open up the crafting recipes to other races? As it is, magicite ore is kind of useless to anyone that isn't playing Viera.

AmazonValkyrie likes this.
  15. AmazonValkyrie

lol I honestly hadn't thought about this... >_> It can be done :p

16. Natural Aura

I don't think everybody would agree to this, but I don't 100% believe opening up the crafting recipes to the other races would be a great idea. I think keeping it unique to the Viera race is perfect as is. Although, the magicite ore should be granted a purpose for other races.

Currently, what I think would be the best idea after trying to think of a few is this. Have a Viera merchant that either purchases the ore for Viera goods or you can give them pixels to obtain Viera furniture and maybe even the Recipe book. Said book will grant you knowledge on how to make Viera crafting stations and what not. (The first one would work similar too the penguin merchant and the last one is present in the Elithian races mod.)

That's just my thoughts though, I don't have much understanding of the in and outs of modding SB... owo

Anderebu likes this.
  17. SacredCaedeus

Problem with that is you'd be telling anyone using the mod and NOT playing Viera at the moment to pray to RNG that you can find a merchant out in the wild, either on a planet or in a friendly space encounter (if those will be a thing for Viera; I've no idea about that). Those that really don't want to deal with that (me, for instance) might go into the mod and just make everything available to other races anyway. I mean I've done it before and it isn't that hard.

If you want suggestions on that matter, I'd propose this: Tie the recipes to the Viera workbenches. Following that, have Magicite Ore teach a recipe on pickup that non-Viera can craft back on one of the generic benches. Once made, let them use the item to "gain insight into the Viera" and learn how to make and use their crafting stations. Heck, they don't even need to be able to use it; just have them learn the recipes once the crafted item is obtained. If you consider that you have Magicite Ore spawn similarly to Planet Core Fragments, you can provide a more organic way for non-Viera to delve into their recipes and use them that falls in line with normal gameplay. It'd be almost seamless.

18. Natural Aura

You see, I do understand how simple it is to just permit other races to create Viera recipes, it's just adding tags to an item, though I don't feel others SHOULD be able to. I don't make an Apex expecting to make Hylotl recipes. The Viera furniture I think should stay true and unique to the race.
    Additionally, while I don't mind exploring the universe seeking out a Viera settlement that contains a unique NPC who teaches you the recipes, that RNG is not necessary. You could simply have a Viera at the Outpost who enjoys trading and what not. The ONLY race I know that adds in a npc to the outpost thus far is the Orcana, and that's it.

Though to counter my claim... I will say that adding in a NPC merchant that is NOT and intractable object (like everything else at the outpost) does seem concerning as I haven't seen it done before... and it might be harder then I think if even possible... or maybe it's easy... idk. Though I'm not discouraging making them stagnant NPC. I just never touched anything regarding edits to the outpost before, so I'm not sure how difficult it may or may not be. -3-

Though, if you want, I do have some free time coming up. I could actually make that a mod for you. I don't need it in my playthroughs, but for others who may want it, as I've said, it would be simple enough to add as and extension to this mod. UwU

19. Anderebu

Anderebu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Races having different crafting items available promotes trade on multiplayer servers. While magicite should probably have more of a non-Viera usage, I agree that most of their stuff should still be their stuff. I don't even normally play Viera, but enjoy having them on my server. Perhaps it'd be better to have shops that sell their materials or something?

Edit:
    Just personal thoughts on the matter. At the same time, I love the mod as is and am very grateful that its creator has done all of this thus far.

Natural Aura likes this.
  20. Natural Aura

Honestly, I get a bunch of race mods typically to add in new life into the starbound universe. So, even if I don't ever end up using the race, I will still encounter them from time to time and just enjoy those little moments, yah know?

Just for the record, I absolutely adore the Viera race, and I do quite enjoy playing as them every now and then. ^-^

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019