When will Wargroove release on GOG?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WebBowser, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Midnight Tea

Midnight Tea Phantasmal Quasar

Wow that is... a condescending response, to say the very least. I can only speak for myself, but when someone condescends towards me I'm actually less inclined to "learn" from it because the person trying to "teach" it is talking down to me. Regardless of whether or not I actually need the lesson.

And I don't think one is needed to be learned here.

As The | Suit said, antagonizing Chucklefish for not providing you information you feel you're entitled to would only make sense if you had pre-ordered it. No money has changed hands, Chucklefish hasn't even made that an option, thus you are entitled to none of the information you're demanding to have. Besides which, no one cares if you buy the game or not or what platform you do it on. Your one potential sale doesn't mean much for the game's lifespan and certainly doesn't promise you engagement with anyone who made the game. Might be different if you were one of the top tier Kickstarter donors or something, but I severely doubt that's the case.

And if you appeal with "I speak for GOG users who are waiting for information Chucklefish isn't giving and were losing our patience", I'm going to kindly insist that you only get to use the Royal We if you're a monarch, a hive insect, insane or pregnant. You only get to represent yourself and nobody else. Just as I represent someone who's totally chill with however long this is going to take and intend to buy the game more than once.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    • MartiusR

MartiusR Master Chief

Eh, to be honest - I was rather trying to find some positive in situation than "lecturing" anyone. In this part I can agree with you that stating something from the "superiority" position is not bringing anything good.

I'm not a fan of approach to belittle anyone's questions or expectations, and also riding on "guilty trip" (e.g. arguments about lack of influence on game's lifespan due to single potential purchase or not being top donor). I'm rather opting for finding all voices and then formulating proper conclusion. Trust me, it serves well even if in the meanwhile people are starting to being "emotional" (which is not bad if it's single case - 1 or 2 posts with "emotions" are rather helping to clean the atmosphere and move on to more concrete conclusions).

I don't think that I've made here some overstatement with saying here and there GOG users, a.k.a. "multiplication" of my post, since reading GOG's forum is clearly showing that some of my questions or doubts are shared by other users of this platform, but if it's something you're personally annoyed, I can respect that and not use it anymore. Just for you - it's not something I'm feeling completely necessary for me.

If my intention wasn't read in this way - well, that's a shame, but it doesn't change the reason, why I've written my previous post.

Not sure if it's serving any purpose to take further discussion at this point, if it's going into direction of "proving" how someone was wrong (and how bad person he is), but if that's your wish, I will gladly answer on any of yours questions or doubts.

• Furo1981

Furo1981 Poptop Tamer

Good thing this thread in this forum probably has abysmal reach, otherwise this would be a PR disaster for Chucklefish.

• Midnight Tea

Midnight Tea Phantasmal Quasar

I'm almost flattered with your belief in the destructive power I must wield. You seem to believe in me more than I believe in myself, honestly.

• The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

CF actually holds no sway in what a moderators opinion should be.
            During Starbound Development I actually made quite a bit of fuss about the direction of the Early Access and the limitations of the design.
            Which is now fundamentally much better and open than it was previously.

With that said, I am not supporting CF because I am a moderator. I am supporting CF decisions because I had numerous works commercially published from early as high school; both electronic and physical media. As well as my family being published authors. So I am fully aware of all the legalese that involves in getting your product up into a store front.

These are not things that need to be shared with the public as honestly is not any of their business.
            As I mentioned before, it is only an issue if they started accepting pre-order money and kept getting delayed.
            Otherwise it is simply a symptom of impatience nothing more.

WebBowser likes this.
            • MartiusR

MartiusR Master Chief

Well, nice to know! A remarkable example, indeed.

• MartiusR

MartiusR Master Chief

Just a small offtop - big apologies for entire Chucklefish Team for my lack of patience and sometimes harsh words. Kinda stupid thing, since it was caused by some completely different stuff in my life, which made me back then very "toxic", in fact about every small thing.

Keep it up guys, still waiting for that GOG release to bring you some $$ :)

Midnight Tea likes this.
                • Cowabunga

Cowabunga Tentacle Wrangler

No need to worry friend, IMO you didn't write anything especially controversial to apology ;) Aside from that though - full respect for you, because it's a rare occasion (in the internet) to see someone to honorable "take back" some words previously written.

But getting back to topic:

Good question, also interested - when some update? When Wargroove on GOG?

And some bonus question - why release it earlier on Steam and later on GOG? Recently plenty of developers were releasing games on both platforms at the same time (which is IMO the best practice).

Cheers, and have a nice day/night (depending when you're reading this, dudes ;))

MartiusR and Ghar like this.
                  • Ghar

Ghar Yeah, You!

Hi, hello and welcome! I've registered on dev's forum, since I'm also waiting for GOG release of Wargroove. But it seems that Chucklefish is not active on GOG forum (or maybe don't have there account).

So, basically - where is the game? Why no info since February? Are you going to keep the new "release period" (Q2 2019), or will it be again postponed? Would be nice to have some info. Cheers!

• Shubeans

Shubeans QA Wizard Chucklefish

Update: There is no update.
                      Guys, I am so sorry. I hate seeing how much everyone is waiting for this and we still have no news. I can't even tell you why we have no news, because I also have had no news.

We don't have a GoG account, but I'm wondering if it's worth it as it's mostly just going to be me disappointing everyone some more with lack of news...
                      It was released on Steam earlier because we originally had some technical difficulties with GoG and decided it would be best not to delay the main release, we weren't expecting it to take this long obviously.

I'm hoping we can get an 'official' announcement out soon, just letting everyone know exactly what's going on, and why with as much information as we can get to you all.
                      I just don't know when that will be. (I'm sorry, this is a lot of 'I dont knows')

@MartiusR I appreciate the apology, but don't sweat it. People are people and we all understand the frustrations.
                      In all honesty the main reason I haven't replied much is because I'm just QA filling in for Community and Support when I get a chance. I tend to stay away from the 'General' chat unless it's bug or support related, which sucks, because I love being involved with the community as much as I can.

MartiusR and The | Suit like this.
                      • MartiusR

MartiusR Master Chief

Sorry for bothering once again - but we're getting close to end of June. Game has currently on GOG "Q2 2019" as release period. Will it be again delayed? Any chances that we'll receive in this week update?

Would be great if it will be released on time (till end of June), but I guess that everything can happen.

Cowabunga likes this.
                        • Cowabunga

Cowabunga Tentacle Wrangler

This! Plus - where we should check for latest news regarding the case? This forum, twitter, somewhere else?

• MartiusR

MartiusR Master Chief

I see that today on twitter there was mentioned that PS4 version is nearly finished and it will have release date very soon - how about GOG version? Do we have the same thing? I see that release period is still not updated on GOG - does it mean that we'll have release on days, or it will be again delayed for "undefined" period, this time for Q3 2019?

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
                            • Ghar

Ghar Yeah, You!

That doesn't sound good... Is PS4 version REALLY going to be released BEFORE GOG version, about which we still don't have ANY info? Please, tell me I'm wrong :(

• The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

They will provide info as soon as they get info.
                                You are asking them to provide information on something they themselves are not aware of.

• Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Any new news about this? No mean to hurry, I just want to stay in touch with this.

• MartiusR

MartiusR Master Chief

To all who are interested - on GOG's page: https://www.gog.com/game/wargroove

There is again (second time) "silent" change (nowhere mentioned) - this time from Q2 to Q3 2019.

Starting to wonder if we'll see Wargroove on GOG in this year at all.

• Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

I wonder what kind of technical problems are they having?

• Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

Thanks

• ZanCat

ZanCat Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, I am more of a lurker than a poster (stating the obvious here! o/)

I've been following this thread for a while now; is there any information regarding the GoG Version? Like, anything at all that users could be told about it? Because, as a GoG user, it kinda sucks to see other platforms getting everything, getting info provided to them about content updates, future content etc, whereas we don't even know what is keeping the game from being released on our platform of choice :/

MartiusR, Ghar and Cowabunga like this.