Modding Discussion Disability Mods?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ken.the.caboose, Jun 14, 2018.

1. ken.the.caboose

ken.the.caboose Aquatic Astronaut

Hi, I'm brand new and am looking for either suggestions for existing mods or to share ideas about making the villagers or farmer more diverse about disability.

I don't know much about modding yet, but seeing as the animations for George to use his wheelchair are in the game, would modding so one of the bachelors/bachelorettes is a wheelchair user possible? I've seen MattyToo's WIP on a wheelchair user farmer and excited to see where that goes if it's still in progress! Even seeing sprites with hearing aids or things like that would be really cool too : D

Feel free to share ideas/known mods!

fadedwaif, SellieSam and HopeWasHere like this.
    • thingwithwings

thingwithwings Phantasmal Quasar

The only one I know of is SarahSyna's Diverse Stardew continuation that gives the option of having Kent with a hearing aide and a prosthetic leg. I do hope to see more disability inclusive mods in the future though!

• CatBubble

CatBubble Intergalactic Tourist

Sorry to necro this thread, but I'd love to see more on this too.
        An "accessory" in the character builder that gave a prosthetic arm or leg would be superb, but i think it might be difficult to make it work with everything. So maybe a shirt or a pants mod that at least colored those sprites to look like one?
        Love the idea of hearing aides - Maybe someone could make Emily's portrait have one too, because the one earring showing in her sprite makes me think about it!
        Lastly, I've been thinking bout George. Even if he never uses it, I'd appreciate the symbolism of wheelchair accessibility for him. Maybe a new town map where a ramp replaces the stairs on the east side of Pierre's shop. It'd be nice to imagine him rolling up to the old community center :)

LibraryLass likes this.
        • Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

i mean it wouldn't be impossible to edit the overworld sprites of a char to have a chair or a prosthetic and as long as they don't have a 'jump' scene it wouldn't look out of place maybe though someone like haley, elliot or penny would work for that

• HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

I while ago I was working on a wheelchair mod with MattyToo. It's been a while, but I'm finally bringing it back as an option for players via Kisekea, but I'm at a stand still so far because there needs to be an option to swap the arms similarly to the legs/feet, so that it looks like the player is rolling the wheelchair. With an option like this, it would be really easy to give players the choice on prosthetic arms (legs should already be possible).

If you have other, leg/feet or face only suggestions I can give them a try. Here is what the wheelchair looks like so far:
            Untitled1.png

As you can you see, the shirt file needs to be edited to work with the wheelchair, but it does work. If you wanted to try them out, I've attached the files below

Attached Files:

LibraryLass, SellieSam and vadie like this.
            • vadie

vadie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I just started using this for one of my characters and love it so much! While the running animation can be a little clunky compared to the walking animation, it still works nicely. Thank you so much for making it~

Also, I managed to figure out how to make the bottoms not show on the back of the wheelchair, so never mind my question! So happy with this mod~

Last edited: May 5, 2019
                HopeWasHere likes this.
              • HopeWasHere

I haven't tried skirts before, that's an interesting question. Let me mess around with it and see what I can come up with.

Edit: Looks like it will work, I just have to manually edit each "bottom" to work with the wheelchair. I'm working on doing that now so you can test it if you would like, I'll post the results when I'm done :)

vadie likes this.
                • HopeWasHere

Sorry it's taken so long! I got a little carried away and added a lot more bottoms for testing, as well as some new swimsuits to try. I haven't tested this file, so let me know if there's anything wrong with it.
                  As an added bonus, here are some different "shoe" options as well. These haven't been tested either

Attached Files:

vadie likes this.
                  • vadie

vadie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

OH WOW!! All of the bottoms and shoes look so nice! I just tested the bottoms and some of the shoes and they seem to work great. Thank you so much for doing all this~!

HopeWasHere likes this.
                    • HopeWasHere

Sure thing, if there are other suggestions of features to be added, let me know :)

lhommefleur likes this.
                      • lhommefleur

lhommefleur Space Hobo

Hi! I know this is a SUPER old thread, not to necro it! But do you know if you'll be putting out a unisex ver of this wheelchair? I use the male base for my farmer and I'd love for them to have a wheelchair like me. :)

LibraryLass and HopeWasHere like this.
                        • HopeWasHere

Sure, it's been a while since I've messed with the farmer bases, so I'm sure 1.4 has added some new things. I'm looking into adding a wheelchair option for GetGlam (GetDressed's replacement) once they add an option to swap out arms. Once that's ready I'll post it here

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

super!

LibraryLass likes this.
                            • HopeWasHere

So I've been messing with GetGlam's new option to add new bases.
                              Good news is that it mostly works as it originally did before all the updates. Bad news is that with the changes to the pants and shirts the clothing is overlaying the base, messing up the wheelchair effect.
                              I haven't done a lot to perfect the bases, but there are male and female versions now, both with bald options. If anyone would like to continue the project to get it to work properly, please be my guest, as I have a new kid that is taking up all of my modding time... I've included the file below, so if there are any questions please let me know

Attached Files:

• theo_bees

theo_bees Space Hobo

i know this is from ages ago but, does this work as a mod then or have you just designed it? i've been trying to find a wheelchair mod but all of them so far are still in progress, i'd love to actually use one haha