1. Welcome to the Wargroove support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://wargroove.com/support

Ultrawide future fix?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Freffo, Feb 3, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Freffo

Freffo Orbital Explorer

Hello!

I hope this is the correct place to ask.

I bought WarGroove over on Steam and i like the game, great job!

The thing is that I have a quite odd resolution to play on, and i noticed from my gameplay that it is zoomed in/cropped in fullscreen. The HUD elements and UI is all fine what it looks like. Is there going to be a fix for the fullscreen to display correctly in the future?

The resolution of the monitor i use is 3440x1440. A 21:9 aspect ratio. Wish to play the game in fullscreen to admire it to the fullest without any cropping/zooming.

Thanks for reading this and hopefully a patch will fix this problem.

/Best Regards <3

Prash likes this.
    • Freffo

Freffo Orbital Explorer

Anyone at chucklefish in this forum?

Would love to get a respond about this.

Prash likes this.
      • Shubeans

Shubeans QA Wizard Chucklefish

Hello! Sorry,
        I added your comment to a list of resolution support requests and completely forgot to reply.

Yes, I have added this to a list of requests we are getting about resolutions, and we are hopefully looking into fixing them for this next patch. If not this one, we can do a stand alone Steam build that will fix some resolution problems a bit later.
        Obviously we need to do testing, checking different monitors and making sure it all works before pushing so it might take a bit longer if anything goes wrong, although it is at the top of the priority list of fixes :)

Prash likes this.
        • Freffo

Freffo Orbital Explorer

I totally understand that fixing other things is higher on the list. Thanks so much for looking into this!

Prash likes this.
          • Freffo

Freffo Orbital Explorer

Is there a way to get beta-version of future patches? So that i can try it and see what works and what don't. :)

Prash likes this.
            • Prash

Prash Aquatic Astronaut

Did this patch roll out already, I mean it was february when they replied, so maybe? I have a ultrawide monitor of 2560x1080 and I am on linux (I like to live in pain of not being able to play any games, yes).

• Freffo

Freffo Orbital Explorer

Downloaded the game again. Fullscreen crops the image when set to 2560x1440. 4K resolution is the same for me. So windowed mode is my only choice. So with other words, no support for either 3440x1440 or 2560x1440.

Prash likes this.
                • Prash

Prash Aquatic Astronaut

Did you try steam custom resolutions? So -h 1080 -w 2560 or -h 1440 -w 3840 or -h 2160 -w 5120 (the last one is if you have one of two really fancy displays). Can't run the game at the moment because of I am on linux, I am regaining interest in trying to get it to run on linux again. I really hope they add support for ultrawide resolutions soon and maybe even an official linux version for the one year anniversary in February?

Edit: I just managed to get the linux version working (forgot to enable steam beta) and if you put in the launch options -h 1080 -w 2560 and -fullscreen you can get a borderless window. To get even less border you can make disable the dash-to-dock extension (or in mac os put the bar on dynamic/smart) so that the bar moves out of the way when you are playing a game. In mac os or linux all you will see is the little gray bar at the top. This is if you are using gnome, don't know about KDE. I couldn't find this option in windows sadly...

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
                  • Freffo

Freffo Orbital Explorer

3440x1440 is the ultrawide resolution that i want it to work for. Your solutions are good, but they did not work for me.

Prash likes this.
                    • Prash

Prash Aquatic Astronaut

My manjaro install got broken today because of the fact that it didn't include the base package when I updated it, but luckily I had a backup. When I tried it again I got a fullscreen window in 2560x1080 which I liked. Only thing I changed was change the launch options from :
                      --skip-intro -fullscreen -w 2560 -h 1080
                      to
                      --skip-intro --fullscreen -w 2560 -h 1080 (so I added an extra - to fullscreen)
                      You should try this and see if you get lucky. I feel like you might want to enable steam beta as well and use the opengl version of wargroove just to be sure.

• Freffo

Freffo Orbital Explorer

The fullscreen works the same as it does without the fullscreen line in launch options on Steam. Skipintro works fine. I think we never will see an official ultrawide support for this game.