Announcement Stardew Valley on PS Vita Out Now on EU & US PS Store!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by superconsole, May 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SSShakuras

SSShakuras Big Damn Hero

quick tested ( after checking if i missed an update ) and nope , it's still the same mess :
    - my 3 years old farm with 48 animals feeding & 600 crops still turn the game in a complete stutterfest.
    - the skull cavern level was the same 15 time in a row when it should change every level

as for the crashes, it would take longer than a quick skull cavern run to check , but considering the two issue above hasn't been fix'd, I doubt it has changed.

oldmanstu likes this.
    • oldmanstu

oldmanstu Starship Captain

I did not have to quick test the game to know it is still broken.
      I just had to look at it on the Vita home screen to see that it has still not had a patch made available.
      That poster must have the devs very own magical version of the game as they do not suffer the same problems the rest of us Vita owners do.
      Lucky him, I guess.

• Misayumi

Misayumi Aquatic Astronaut

Yeah, I must have gathered more positive karma than I realized. Tjee, I'm sorry I didn't know I had incredible luck.

Sent from my Redmi 5A using Tapatalk

• Naomi_NowWePlay

Naomi_NowWePlay Space Hobo

My question is why is this app free on Steam but we have to pay $7.99..... for it in the iTunes App Store? An example of a reasonable price difference between any games....: “Don’t Starve” cost about $14.99 and only costs $4.99 in the iTunes App Store.

I also posted this on the developers Website and it got removed ALL THREE times I posted it...

Attached Files:

• SSShakuras

SSShakuras Big Damn Hero

First, considering this thread is about Stardew on Vita, you're kinda off topic with talking about it on Steam & ITune and you're getting even farther by talking about this "Don't starve", dood... please go make a thread elsewhere if you want to talk about that.

Second, Stardew on Steam is NOT free, it's sitting at 13.99 € .

Third, the lower price is obviously because there's less polishing done on the phone vers......... oh, wait, it's actually in 1.3 with multiplayer and is getting recent update while the "botched 1.2 crashy since nearly a year" vita version and the "still stuck in 1.2 era" PS4/Xbox which are completly forgotten by CA are at 14.99 €, making them the more pricy version ( since the 1.3 switch is at 13.99 € ) , yet those with the less content/care.
            more seriously, no, i have no idea why the phone player has to pay LESS than console players for MORE content, but at this point, it's not like I'm trying to make any sense of this mess.

EDIT :
            And fourth, i quick checked out of curiosity, none of your 3 messages on the blog were erased, they're just in the bottom part of the comment along the "not upvoted" post.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
            • Kaoschi

Kaoschi Void-Bound Voyager

So I decided to buy it for my PSV since Stardew on the go seemed like a great idea. Everywhere I looked it said "Buy it! Support the dev! He updates content to his games for free!".

Everything was fine until about year 3 when the stuttering and random 1 sec freezes started. And the best bug of all, crashing sometimes when saving!
              Then entering skull cavern I thought hey it's been a while since I played it on PC, I guess each level is supposed to be the same and it's luck based. Oh no wait it's not.

Am I mad? Yes I am.

I bought it for PSV with the thought it could be the kinda idle-ish game I play while watching TV and travelling but I can't really because 50 hrs in it's starting to border on unplayable.
              If multiplayer is not possible then at least give us the 1.3 single player content like statue of uncertainty. And even if that's not possible then at least FIX THE DAMN GAME.

It's very disheartening to see that every time console is mentioned, Vita is left out. And I want no nonsense like "oh screw the Vita it's dead". No it's released on Vita, they charge money for the game on Vita, I expect it to work on Vita.

SSShakuras likes this.
              • Kaoschi

Kaoschi Void-Bound Voyager

So updates on twitter yesterday aaaaaaaand no mention of Vita.

Literally took our money and ran.

• oldmanstu

oldmanstu Starship Captain

I hope everyone is politely posting on his twitter feed mentioning the Vita version?

I have done so about 3 or 4 times and will go do it again now. You never know .... well, I do know.
                  Nothing will get done but it only takes a minute.

• SSShakuras

SSShakuras Big Damn Hero

Kaoschi and megabutcher like this.
                  • SSShakuras

SSShakuras Big Damn Hero

SV Vita has now been out since ONE FULL YEAR , yet it's STILL...
                    - riddled with crashes
                    - buggy ( Skull cavern levels repeating is NOT normal and should have been fixed since AGE )
                    - stuck in 1.2 era along the Xbox and the PS4 ( while the Switch version went from 1.2 to 1.3 in only TWO MONTHS. Pretty much show how much older player on Xbox & PSN are cared. )

We F-ing PAID for this game and while we're waiting for FIXES that should have been released ASAP ( CRASHES, doods, CRASHES, not content, not mere glitch, i'm talking here about CRASHES ) , SV has been released on Switch & phone, both in 1.3 era ? seriously, WTF ?

oh well, tried a direct message...
                    [​IMG]
                    ... in the hope of getting something concrete, but at this point, i expect the same thing as every time i messaged him on his twitter or @ed him : nothing at all.
                    heck, at this point, i'm pretty sure he has blacklisted me and/or any post with the word "Vita" to play the ostrich

Last edited: May 20, 2019
                    • SSShakuras

SSShakuras Big Damn Hero

And, unsurprisingly , no answer.

a far cry from what you'd expect after...
                      [​IMG]

Not it's any better here. This is supposed to be the official forum for Stardew valley, yet, noone answer anything.
                      I mean, the last "official presence" we had on this topic is from freakin June 2018...
                      ... for the quick band aid 1.02 patch who fixed some bugs but did NOT fix the periodic crash which could occur after several hours of gameplay.

Since that ? NOTHING. months of absolute silence

• SSShakuras

SSShakuras Big Damn Hero

unsurprisingly, no answer/support at all. this forum is a fucking joke.

• SSShakuras

SSShakuras Big Damn Hero

Alleluya for a miraculous update.
                          [​IMG]

... Seriously, before this mess i've never heard of a company that needed ONE FULL YEAR before they could START working on CRASHING ISSUES. Definitely a new low.

• WilliamZ

WilliamZ Phantasmal Quasar

I believe that this deserve its own post.

• SSShakuras

SSShakuras Big Damn Hero

• SSShakuras

SSShakuras Big Damn Hero

well, it's been said, no content update for vita anymore ( not like it's missing a lof of stuff anyway ) , but there's still some hope to see a fix for the crashing issue
                              [​IMG]

plattym3 and megabutcher like this.
                              • SSShakuras

SSShakuras Big Damn Hero

megabutcher likes this.
                              • SSShakuras

SSShakuras Big Damn Hero

• SSShakuras

SSShakuras Big Damn Hero

megabutcher likes this.
                              • SSShakuras

SSShakuras Big Damn Hero

One year later, still no patch. This is a whole new level of incompetence

Thread Status:
                                Not open for further replies.