Modding Help JSON Errors Crashing Mods in SMAPI

Discussion in 'Mods' started by 009i66, Jun 5, 2019.

1. 009i66

009i66 Void-Bound Voyager

okay so i JUST finished downloading all my mods to start playing SDV again, i finally got SMAPI to work and everything after clearing out my mods folder. so. i boot up the game to get all these configs loaded up but i notice something weird in the SMAPI log!
    for some background, i had manually added things into the config.json of paritee's BFAV mod. when it failed to load i didnt know what id done wrong though, because 1. i have no idea how to read error logs and 2. i followed all the instructions when i edited the config????
    also for some reason teh's fishing overhaul had the SAME problem, despite not even having a config.json before then. it just crashed for some reason unknown to me.
    i know what's going on for all of the other mods that have problems in my log (messed w the pngs in diverse stardew valley and forgot to change them, some mods are just Missing Dependability) but these two def have me stumped.

heres my smapi log it is long and probably confusing. sorry
    https://log.smapi.io/y6HLsE3E

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Can you upload your BFAV config.json to a site like hastebin and post the link here? I'll take a look.

The issue with Teh's Fishing Overhaul seems to caused by invalid fish data, probably due to one of these mods: More Fish, Fischievements, or Freshwater Tilapia. Is it fixed if you remove those temporarily?

• pepoluan

pepoluan Big Damn Hero

To the best of my knowledge, Freshwater Tilapia (FT) does not mess up Teh's Fishing Overhaul (TFO). I know this because I used to use the both of them.

Some of FT's changes get overridden by TFO, though. Notably: The location of Tilapia fish. I had to manually edit TFO's fish.json to move tilapia fishes back to freshwater. FT's other changes, namely the change in community center bundle for sea fishes, do not get overridden by TFO so FT cannot be disabled completely.

However... by "More Fish" could it be the More New Fish mod? If so, the mod's maker do state that for the mod to work with TFO, player needs to delete two files from TFO: fish.json and fishTraits.json