1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Not enough Floran Artifactes to fulfill the quest

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Lado, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Lado

Lado Space Hobo

I am new in this game and had the quest to scan the Floran Artifactes.
    So I went on the forest planet Naos Rim II - b and could find the Floran Temple. I scanned everything and got like 90% of the goal but not more.
    I visited every other planet in the Naos Rim system (i haven't achieved the fuel yet) but couldn't find another Floran tribe. I even watched some YouTube-videos and they always had bigger Floran villages.
    I am so desperate... I just want to play this game and can*t go on.....

Every help is appreciated!

Some Infos: I am playing on the version "Starbound 1.4.1 (windows x86_64)

2. MrsGuu

MrsGuu Phantasmal Quasar

Hey, I can understand your desperate, I had the same problem.
    In which floran temple do you was? If you speak to friendly floran, you could end the quest.
    Or you could visit all planets and search for a village. They are not only on forest planets.

By the outpost at the right side, there you can buy liquid to fuel.

3. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Moved to Starbound Discussions. You cannot always get all clues in one run. Sometimes it takes more explorations to gather all necessary clues.

4. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Exploring is the key. Try to explore other star system. If you need fuel, you can always buy it in the post, or search it for free in the Moon. Try to find the forest planet, the Floran settlements are usually found there.

5. Masiakasaurus

Masiakasaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

As others have said, check other planets and systems. Florian stuff is more likely to spawn on forest planets, but there's no guarantee any given world will have it, nor is it exclusive to them.

Fortunately the only mission you need to complete before getting out into the galaxy at large is the Erchius Mine. To collect fuel you just need to craft one of these:

https://starbounder.org/Breathing_EPP

Requires 6 Tungsten, 10 glass, and 1 Living Root. Tungsten ore can be found on forest planets, Glass can be crafted from Sand which is all over on desert worlds, and Living Root drops from some monsters. Once you have one made, just go to any moon and mine for the purple Erchius Ore.

If you got very unlucky and your system contains no moons, you can buy fuel from the Outpost for pixels.

6. Lado

Lado Space Hobo

Yeah thanks guys, I found it :)
    The problem was that I thought i would unlock the fuel later. So I had "no" opportunity to travel to other solar systems.

Is there a button to make my problem "solved" here in this forum?

7. Lord Aries Greyscale

Lord Aries Greyscale Scruffy Nerf-Herder

No button to do just that, so far as I'm aware.

But, last I knew, you could edit your original post, and that *should* let you change the thread title.
    (if it doesn't, you can at least add a great big "solved" into the post itself)

8. InsaneWing

InsaneWing Void-Bound Voyager

So I faced this problem too, but i solved it in my own way accidentally, so i decide to share with yall

Same thing happened, ran through whole floran village and cannot fill the quest bar, but when I do some floran random mini quests, Esther started to continue talking.

After doing more mini quests in the village, I able to complete the main quest eventually without continue finding new village or scanning.

This seems weird but I did complete the quest this way

Hope I can help!

9. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

It's not the quest but like the random dialogue trigger from the race ye need to talk to / scan furnitures to > w>

10. Masiakasaurus

Masiakasaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

More likely a random quest reward included a furniture or decorative item that counted as a scan. As soon as it hits your inventory it counts as scanned for the purposes of the quest.