1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Equivalent Exchange for Starbound 3.1.5

Starbound mod inspired by Equivalent Exchange

1. AlbertoRota

AlbertoRota Scruffy Nerf-Herder

AlbertoRota submitted a new mod:

Equivalent Exchange for Strabound - Starbound mod inspired by Equivalent Exchange

Read more about this mod...

Sock_Bunny likes this.
  2. Sock_Bunny

Sock_Bunny Existential Complex

I really like your mod! The ability to share the transmutation books with other people is awesome, too!

Do you think you'd be able to make a table that accepts any placable item in the game? I think it'd help a lot with storing furniture, since even with Enhanced Storage, people still have tons of lockers for storing furniture items

AlbertoRota likes this.
  3. AlbertoRota

Thank you!
    The idea behind the "Transmutation book" was motivated by the following points:
    • If you lose it (Diying, for example), you have a huge motivation to get it back. - DONE
    • You can trade it in MP servers. - DONE
    • Allows me to create an "Admin transmutation book" with all the recipes unlocked. - IN PROGRESS
    • Allows me to create missions and items that teach you transmutations that can't be learned otherwise. - IN PROGRESS
    Yes, indeed that's exactly how the mod began, allowing you to study everything and to get back everything you studied with just one table (Much like the Minecraft version does).
    But I found that it completely broke the "Starbound experience", since crafting, farming, mining, hunting and exploring became obsolete at that point.
    Also, in that situation you were able to generate infinite amounts of EMC (Take an item out, craft something with it, put it back, profit!), and I don't liked it.
    Also, from a UI/UX point of view, there was no way to make an UI that can sow you hundreds (If not thousands) of items in a usable and responsive way.
    Finally, we already have the "Pixel printer" in vanilla.

After all that, I decided to go for:
    • Only basic resources, because farming them is tedious (Ore, plants) or random (Monster drops), and ensuring that crafting is still a part of the game.
    • Split into different tables, so that each UI has only a small list of items you can easily navigate and filter (Filtering is IN PROGRESS)

4. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

ah, that explains the constant boot/reboot of starbound over steam with you :) nice work, sir.

for filtering: feel free to take a look in the FU ITDs to see how khe handles filtering. its a good sample.

Sock_Bunny and AlbertoRota like this.
  5. AlbertoRota

It was exactly that: Try... error, change 2 lines, try... error, move the button one pixel to the right, try... error up until I came with something worth sharing.

Regarding FU, may I ask you a favor?
    Can you please provide me a list of ores added by FU grouped by tier?
    Tier 1: Same progression level as Iron and Tungsten.
    Tier 2: Same progression level as Titanium and Durasteel.
    Tier 3: All the rest, up to Solarium and beyond.

That will really help me with the integration between both mods.

6. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Iron ------
    Bone , Core Fragment

Tungsten --------
    Lunari , Telebrium

Titanium ----------
    Carbon Plate , Protocite , Zerchesium , Penumbrite , Neptunium

Durasteel ------------
    Prisilite, Lasombrium , Trianglium , Quietus, Irradium, Advance Alloy, Thorium

Ferozium Aegisalt Violium ------------
    Effigium , Tritanium Alloy, Plasmic Crystal , Dense Alloy

Solarium -------------
    Isogen, Pyreite, Xithricite , Densinium

Beyond-----
    Nocxium, Ultronium, Aetherium Alloy

Sock_Bunny and AlbertoRota like this.
  7. AlbertoRota

AlbertoRota updated Equivalent Exchange for Strabound with a new update entry:

Mine table update to T2 and UI improvements

Read the rest of this update entry...

8. jdude321

jdude321 Void-Bound Voyager

I'm a noob to this game. That being said, Where do I craft the tables at?

AlbertoRota likes this.
  9. AlbertoRota

The first thing you need is the "Transmutation book", you can craft it for "100 pixels" with your empty hands.

Once you get it, the "Transmutation book", you will discover the recipes of all the three "Tables".
    You can then craft the tables in the "Inventor's Table" (The same one where you craft the "Primitive Furnace" and the "Anvil").

From that point onwards, you can "Upgrade" each table clicking in the button with the arrow pointing up that you will find in the top-right corner of the table UI (Next to the close one.)

I've also added this to the F.A.Q. so that other persons will find it easier.

10. AlbertoRota

11. jdude321

jdude321 Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you!

AlbertoRota likes this.
  12. AlbertoRota

13. AlbertoRota

Sock_Bunny likes this.
  14. Jetmail64

Jetmail64 Seal Broken

Hey, not to be "that guy," but you wrote Strabound instead of Starbound in the title. Other than that, great mod! I've always loved EE2 in minecraft.

AlbertoRota likes this.
  15. AlbertoRota

Thank you very much for pointing it out.
    Let me know if you find any other mistake, knowing that they are there is the only way to fix them! :)

16. AlbertoRota

AlbertoRota updated Equivalent Exchange for Starbound with a new update entry:

Finished art and study lists

17. AlbertoRota

18. AlbertoRota

19. AlbertoRota

AlbertoRota updated Equivalent Exchange for Starbound with a new update entry:

Added "Transmutation tablets"

20. AlbertoRota