Modding Discussion A place to discuss map editing and other related stuff

Discussion in 'Mods' started by QuantumConcious, Apr 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pepoluan

pepoluan Big Damn Hero

I'm using Ace's Expanded House mod, and I just found out to my surprise that I can't hang anything in the mod's "basement" wall.

Is there something I must set for the tiles making up the basement's walls so I can hang painting there?

• tiffy961

tiffy961 Pangalactic Porcupine

Hello guys.

I am currently trying to put a bathroom in my farmhouse. I took the Compact Bathroom Mod as a base and have edited and adjusted it to my liking.
      One of the main things I changed in the main house is where the doors are (to suit my house better).

Now, when I click the door I get warped into the bathroom just fine. My problem is, however, that when I leave I get placed where the original mod had the door.
      Could one of you please tell me how I can get myself warped back to the right space in the main farmhouse?

Here some pictures for reference (the red circle is where the original doors are and where I end up being warped back to)

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

• pepoluan

pepoluan Big Damn Hero

What's the warp coordinate set in the bathroom's exit? Not the warp coordinate set in the door (that leads to the bathroom).

• tiffy961

Thanks for answering so fast! I couldn't find any anywhere. No matter where I click in the floor or the walls of the exit there are no coordinations in the bathroom exit anywhere. None of the tiles at the door have any special properties.

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

@pepoluan Unfortunately we can't hang anything on the walls or change the wallpaper of rooms that aren't from the original farmhouse. You can do these things by editing the map itself, but then they can't be changed without going in and editing again. There is a new mod called Farmhouse Redone that totally changes the farmhouse and it's properties, but it has a fairly steep learning curve.

• pepoluan

pepoluan Big Damn Hero

It's likely part of the map properties.

On Tiled, click on the "Map" menu and click "Map properties". On the left side, find "Warp", click on the value to the right of "Warp", and click on the ellipsis (three periods).

You should see something like this:

Code:
              12 21 Farm 64 15
              (12 21) is the coordinate for the warp "pad", (Farm) is the destination map, and (64 51) is the destination coordinate on the destination map.

Does your map has similar things?

I see... reading the description of Farmhouse Redone, it seems that the wall coordinates are hard coded in the game.

I'll have a go at using that mod, thanks!

------

Edit 1: After some false starts, now I understand how to use Farmhouse Redone. It's not that difficult, actually, and I might even say was relatively painless... all I have to do is add some Map Properties and FR does it all for me. That's awesome!

(Of course, when I first load my save after installing the mod, all the wallpapers and floorings are kinda mixed up between the rooms, but that's a minor inconvenience.)

Thanks for pointing me to that mod, @Moragaine !

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
                tiffy961 likes this.
              • tiffy961

Hello again.

My Warp properties on the Farmhouse1 map are: 9 12 Farm 64 15 4 53 FarmHouse 8 4
                And on the Farmhouse2 map they are: 12 21 Farm 64 15 4 53 FarmHouse 11 4

This is all much more complicated than I thought, haha. Lots of numbers that mean nothing to me.

• pepoluan

pepoluan Big Damn Hero

The first set of numbers means:
                  • At location (9,12), place a warp pad to Farm(64,15)
                  • At location (4,53), place a warp pad to FarmHouse(8,4)
                  The second set of numbers means:
                  • At location (12,21), place a warp pad to Farm(64,15)
                  • At location (4,53), place a warp pad to FarmHouse(11,4)
                  Farm(64,15) is the farmer's exit point when they leave the house.

Therefore, the coordinates FarmHouse(8,4) and FarmHouse(11,4) will be the coordinate where you warp back from the bathroom.
                  • For the first map, try changing it to FarmHouse 17 4
                  • For the second map, try changing it to FarmHouse 22 13
                  Note: Change only the FarmHouse X Y part, keeping the rest unchanged.

• tiffy961

@pepoluan You're my absolute hero!
                    The second farmhouse one was one off which I was able to easily fix but it works like a charm. Thank you so much for your help!

pepoluan likes this.
                    • pepoluan

pepoluan Big Damn Hero

Okay, I tried adding some light sources to my custom map, following the numbers given in the wiki about Map Properties.

Interestingly, it seems adding light source type "3" (sconce offset by half a tile to the right) will cause my game to crash whenever I enter a room with that light source during the night.

I tried changing the light source to "4" (sconce) and the game no longer crashes.

Anyone observing the same issue?

Currently my map is using light sources "4" and "5", I'll try experimenting with other light sources to see if there are others that will cause game crash.

Edit 1: Type "9" also crashes.

Edit 2: Type "1" works.

Edit 3: Type "2" works.
                      Sorry for the delay in verifying this; I took a detour and updated the "Wait Around" mod first to make it easier to transition into night time.

Edit 4: Type "6" works.

So in summary: Light types "3" & "9" seems to no longer work in the latest SDV.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
                      • azurejpg

azurejpg Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I want to edit some of the spouse rooms in-game. What specific tilesheets would I need for the spouse rooms? I'm not really sure because even when I tried using XNBCLI to extract the entire "Maps" folder, the Tiled software won't let me open the extracted spouse room tbin sheet and I think it's because I messed up with extracting the wrong tilesheets or something...

• tiffy961

Hello, sorry - me again.

I have decided to adjust the house a little bit more because I hate how asymmetrical it is in some places. All I did for the moment was to bring the right wall next to the entrance door down a bit to match the other rooms. Could you please tell me how I can make it so I can put carpet down? At the moment it seems like I can put furniture there but not other flooring.
                          Thanks a lot.

upload_2019-6-30_22-13-44.png

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

@tiffy961 Unfortunately any areas outside of the areas that the game considers 'farmhouse' can't be carpeted or have wallpaper used on them. Walls outside of the original ones won't take pictures or windows, either. The Farmhouse Redone mod does allow you to change these things, but there is a learning curve to using it.

• tiffy961

Ah, well that explains it! Thanks for your help.

• GlowingDinosaur

GlowingDinosaur Void-Bound Voyager

Hey guys!!

First off, thanks to everyone who's been giving advice here, it's been an immense help to little modding-noob me!

Like tiffy, I've been working with Prismuth's compact bathroom mod, but also with MiniPantsu's basement mod, to kinda-merge kinda-edit them to my taste (if I can iron out the kinks, and of course get their permissions, I'll share my version), and like I said, this thread has saved the project multiple times.
                                Basically, now it mostly works like I want it too, but for some reason, if my character is married, I can get to the basement like normal (through an Action Warp spot), but not back to the house itself. And yet, it's all set out the same!

So yeah, I don't understand why that is, and if anyone has any clue, I'd love a bit of help!

edit: I just noticed, that on Farmhouse1 (so first upgrade), if I try to get to the basement, I get stuck on an infinite loading screen, but the ... are animated, so it's not frozen, just unable to load (though the content I added is the same in Farmhouse1 and in Farmhouse1_married)

ps: sorry for being such a noob!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
                                • GlowingDinosaur

Off the bat I don't know, but I've been using Tiled myself, and it tells you which files are missing when you try and open something without the right tilesheets. If you'd rather not install Tiled only for that feature, tell me which maps you're trying to open, and I'll check for you

Edit 1: ok, lol, just found spouseroom.xnb, so I'll go ahead and see!

Edit 2: so, after checking, turns outit needs the townInterior tilesheet to be in the same folder ;)

• azurejpg

Whenever I try to open the tbin file for the unpacked spouse room xnb, Tiled tells me that it's an "unrecognized format". Sorry to be troubling you like this, but could you maybe elaborate how you managed to figure out the whole process involving the tilesheets being in the same folder and stuff?

• GlowingDinosaur

I had the same unsolvable issue, but then I realized that my computer user name is Maïlys, and some programms don't like special symbols. So I moved my working folder (the one with my TBIN file and my tilesheet) to another user's document folder (for some reason, I have a Malys user on my computer, but Public would work too, I imagine), and then it worked!
                                      And actually, if you try to open a TBIN file without the right tilesheets, it shows a message at the top of Tiled saying which sheets are missing, so it's really nice for when you're not used to modding maps!

• azurejpg

So maybe I should try and create/add another user account on my computer and move the file containing my TBIN file and tilesheet over there? I'm using Windows 10 and don't have any other user accounts on my computer, so maybe I'll try and make another user account and see if it works. Thanks for the tips, I appreciate it!

• GlowingDinosaur

If you go to C:\Users in Windows Explorer, does it show your user account and another folder named Public? Because that will work!
                                          Otherwise, I think you can probably simply work from C:\WhateverFolderNameYouGiveIt, and save yourself the whole trouble!

You're very welcome, I hope it works =D

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.