Story Against the Ruin (AgTR)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Negative Infinity, Jan 15, 2017.

?

Do you like 'Against the Ruin' so far?

1. Yes, I like where this story is going and would like to see more of it.

21 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Yes, I like it, but there are some things you could be doing differently (please comment what).

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't know if I like it, but I am a little interested in reading more.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I don't know if I like it, because there are things that don't appeal to me (comment what).

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. No, I've read it yet I don't like it (comment why please).

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. No, I've read only a little bit and I can tell I won't enjoy it (comment why please).

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DutchyBoi

DutchyBoi Void-Bound Voyager

Woohoo! Thanks!

Negative Infinity likes this.
  2. Pacman6511

Pacman6511 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I hope your situation gets better TionWolf! great to know you still exist! on another note i'm curious how chapter 10 would end out but life comes first as annoying as life is.

3. Negative Infinity

Negative Infinity Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Chapter 10 will be the finale of the Floran sequence, afterwards the Hylotl sequence will start.
    I don't want to give any spoilers but I can tell you that Chitlan, Musket, and Adija will actually play a role rather than be confined to the ship.

Pacman6511 likes this.
  4. Pacman6511

Interesting, i'm hyped for it! i'll stay patient as always as to not rush you!

5. DutchyBoi

Its been a while now, any updates on anything?

6. Negative Infinity

Since my return only a few minor grammatical fixes in some of the chapters (5 and 6), plus I'm reworking the overview system I had, now instead of every chapter having an overview only the first chapters of every sequence will have one, and the finale chapters of each sequence will have a summary of everything that happened up to that point in the chapter before the actual chapter begins.

I am working on something a bit big, revising the story a bit actually, so expect some revisions before chapter 10 comes out. They aren't really anything major, just some character moments I wanted added / altered because I didn't like how they were before. None of them really affect the story much, so I'm inclined to call them minor revisions but all of them focus on individual characters so I think on that front they could be considered somewhat major but definitely not drastic. As said, the story so far will be unaffected by these revisions so when I finally upload them you won't have to reread everything, I will give a list of what was changed without spoilers so you can read the changes for yourselves.

7. -Redstar

-Redstar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

very nice

8. -Redstar

so is this one still alive?

9. DutchyBoi

its alive, just not active. another great story right now is family lasts forever if you need something else to read while waiting.

-Redstar likes this.
  10. -Redstar

already done, but thanks

DutchyBoi likes this.
  11. DutchyBoi

well then.

12. Negative Infinity

Yes, Against the Ruin is still alive. I'm currently working on revisions for a few of the chapters and I'm almost done with the last one, after which I will upload them all together with a comment that contains a change log as well as a tl;dr spoiler section.
    On my profile I posted a status update that describes why future updates after this one might take a long time to come out.

13. Negative Infinity

Okay everyone, I'm finally here with the next update. It's more of a collection of revisions basically but they all focus on trying to develop the characters more.
    You can find the revisions themselves in chapters 3, 6, and 7 and I encourage you to read through them again in order to get the new feel for the story now. That isn't to say the story is drastically changed, just that I tried to improve upon the characters a bit to add more feel to them.

I have this spoiler here for you to look through in case you don't want to reread everything or in case you have reread everything and want to make sure you didn't miss anything.

Chapter 3
    • Took away Ranaka’s mech since it makes more sense for just Xavier to have one at first.
    • Chitlan decides to keep his bear for emotional reasons and ends up meeting an Avian woman named Zyaotl.
    • Redid the Chitlan vs Hunter fight by having it take a little longer for Chitlan to beat him, and with the help of Ranaka.
    • Modified the end of the campfire scene, suggesting that Xavier might be lonely.
    Chapter 6
    • Added a scene where Asheem asks Xavier if he thinks their mission will be successful.

Chapter 7
    • Ranaka has a flashback moment to when he first had to duel someone as a youngling.
    • Added Ranaka vs Ayisab fight.

If you notice any inconsistencies please inform me so I can look into them myself.

-Redstar likes this.
  14. Pacman6511

Hooray! I should get back to reading stories, got caught up in text Roleplay for a while

-Redstar and Negative Infinity like this.
  15. -Redstar

very excite

16. Pacman6511

I like the new additions!
    Descriptiveness! *joy sounds*

DutchyBoi and Negative Infinity like this.
  17. Negative Infinity

Alright everyone, I'm shipping out tomorrow, so unfortunately I won't be able to continue Against the Ruin for quite some time. If you want to know what I mean by shipping out then check my recent status updates.

18. Pacman6511

Ad'ite!
    Wish ya luck in the army man!

19. -Redstar

good luck broskii

20. DutchyBoi

I wonder how he’s doin