Race specific abilities

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by GhostJoker, Jul 9, 2019.

1. GhostJoker

GhostJoker Space Hobo

Hi everyone this is my first post and I made an account here over an idea I had about the current playable races! I'm not sure if this has been discussed before and if so, then my apologies!

So, here are race-specific special abilities I've thought of that each race can activate with a cooldown:

Humans: Ability to activate critical damage with any assault rifles/sniper rifles they currently carry for a certain amount of time

Apex: Ability to climb trees/steep mountains for a certain amount of time

Avian: Ability to fly up for a certain amount of time

Floran: Ability to shoot out spores that paralyzes or poisons enemies upon contact

Glitch: Ability to create a magnetic shield of some sort or perhaps buff themselves up with more defense for a certain amount of time

Hylotl: Ability to activate critical damage with melee weapons for a certain amount of time

Novakid: Ability to activate critical damage with pistols in their inventory

Dante98dzc likes this.
  2. Jappards

Jappards Void-Bound Voyager

These would fit well as techs. All of these would make for great body techs, but the apex climbing tech is already in the game, use the wall jump tech.

3. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

Hehe humans be like: *Holds breath*
    Other races: THAT'S AWESOME!!!

4. Wa.luigi.time

Wa.luigi.time Subatomic Cosmonaut

It would be pretty cool but wouldn't the game be a little unbalanced?

Dante98dzc likes this.
  5. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

Eyy some games has thing that looks unbalanced to others but if studied correctly, you'll see tons o' flaws... = w=
    It's how ye exploit as much as ye can...

6. Dante98dzc

Dante98dzc Void-Bound Voyager

If the abilities are well tinked they don't have why be unbalanced ... Just that found the balance. I think that will be a great addition to the game ... Because, whats the sense of many races to pick if all are the same?