Digital {COMIC} the crusty art thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by FernBlaze, Aug 20, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

I think I need to start watching this thread too. I think it's interesting.

theflamingchuthulu likes this.
  2. FernBlaze

FernBlaze Subatomic Cosmonaut

3. theflamingchuthulu

theflamingchuthulu Big Damn Hero

An ominous start... :saywhat:

4. Daikon Ocelot

Oh, that's a bunny rabbit, being stalked!

5. FernBlaze

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

* Heads up! Pages are going to be relatively sketchy until I can figure out what tf im doing! If you notice weird mistakes in the coloring, thats why :,)

6. FernBlaze

7. Daikon Ocelot

It looks like a Trinkian gun.

8. FernBlaze

9. FernBlaze

(sorry for the wait between pages! art block hits hard..)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. FernBlaze

11. FernBlaze

[​IMG]
    HOooo my god im so sorry for not posting often---
    I've been stressing over the fact that highschool is coming and i've also been distracted by other things that, I, admittedly shouldn't have been prioritizing over drawing, but I'm gonna try my best to get a few more pages out before summer ends,,​

12. Vurrunna

Vurrunna Giant Laser Beams

Why, Fernblaze? Why must you make me feel so old?

All joking aside, I remain very happy to see the comic putting merrily along. I totally know the feeling of wanting to draw but getting distracted by irrelevant nonsense (darn you, Todd Howard); even so, I think it's good to take as long as you need to get your work done. Sometimes I look longingly back to the days when I made a post nearly every day on my old comic, but then I remember it used to look like dirt and I'm fine again.

Also, rapid fire high school advice: get good grades, but don't stress out so much that you wanna die, start thinking about college now rather than later, but also know that it's not for everyone and technical schools or even just part-time classes is a much better alternative to going to a college you hate full time so you can get a stupid degree that makes you no money with a massive debt to the gubberment for the rest of your life (can you tell I dropped out last semester?), and above all, know that high school friggin' sucks and it's terrible and bad and you probably won't even realize just how bad it is until you graduate and see they didn't prepare you for a single darn thing because life is all about making your own choices and once you get that shiny diploma no one's gonna hold your hand and make sure the work gets done. So. y'know, don't stress yourself out about it.

Anyways, I came down with some kinda sickness today so I get the feeling this whole post has been even more incoherent than I usually am, so Imma leave it at that. Good work on the art! Don't worry about the school things! Avoid men in purple hats!

13. FernBlaze

Haha, yeah. I’m definitely scared for what’s to come (as someone with Tourette’s syndrome and adhd both at the same time it’s hard to socialize correctly sometimes), but I’m trying not to stress too much about it.
    I have my entire life planned out in front of me. College, my career, an eventual goal, my main worry is that I’ll not be accepted to one class I need and it’s going to derail my entire plan by a few years aha

Vurrunna likes this.
  14. Vurrunna

Vurrunna Giant Laser Beams

"No plan survives contact with the enemy."

Really though, I recommend not stressing out too much. Life has a way of throwing you a curveball and ending you up someplace you never expected (though hopefully even better than you'd planned). In high school I was certain I would either go into missions or become a theology professor. Turns out I'm terribly asocial and theology wasn't nearly religious enough (go figure), so now I'm drifting through limbo trying to figure out who I have to kill to land an illustration career. Marrying into wealth is my secondary plan.

Point is, life's about the journey. A plan is good, but make sure it's a plan you want to follow, and don't be afraid to dump the plan and seek better opportunities if it turns out you didn't like the old plan. It can be scary, and it's essential to make sure you always have a fallback (for myself, my parents are gracious enough to support me), but it's better to choose a bumpier path seeking what you love than keep on the sure path doing what you find acceptable at best. Least, that's my way of thinking.

Still, I'm hardly the best person to be handing out life advice to others (hardly know how to do this stuff myself!). Best wishes for your health and future, and may you have a life doing what you love most. Presumably art related, but maybe you're secretly a crack mathematician or some such.

15. FernBlaze

16. FernBlaze

Schools started again, so idk if ill be working on pages much..
    Mostly, i'll prolly be posting character art! I missed drawing merc :,U
    [​IMG]

17. FernBlaze