Modding Discussion A place to discuss map editing and other related stuff

Discussion in 'Mods' started by QuantumConcious, Apr 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GlowingDinosaur

GlowingDinosaur Void-Bound Voyager

Try adding those tilesheets in [CP] Looking for love/assets/maps and see if it works (fingers crossed!)

• azurejpg

azurejpg Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The spouse rooms file/folder for Looking for Love is completely separate from the actual Looking for Love mod, so the assets and maps folders within [CP] Looking for Love probably wouldn't really work. It was a really good idea that you had, though! It just seems that the uploader/creator of the mod chose to keep the spouse rooms and the actual mod separate from one another. I think my best bet as of right now is work on creating a TMX spouse room file for personal usage and try to check in with other people who have created spouse rooms using TMX while reviewing whatever issues I had with editing the original TMX files. Thank you for all the help though, you've always provided such quick responses and helped me understand a lot of the issues I had with map editing, so I really appreciate every single thing you've done to help me out with this crazy mess!

• azurejpg

azurejpg Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey, I know I've been flooding this discussion with a whole load of crazy questions, but would it be possible for anyone to try and create a type of tutorial for editing/making spouse rooms using the Tiled program and the template from TMXLoader's optional file on the Nexus? I'm not sure if this is a common issue for a lot of people, but I've noticed that a few other players tend to have an issue with putting in edited spouse rooms that result in an error on SMAPI that says something along the lines of "Unable to load map with file path" or "Unable to determine sheet size".

Furthermore, I've tried looking around all over the Internet and it doesn't look like there's ever been any tutorials online that deal with custom spouse rooms made in TMX files, which is a little surprising. I'm sure that a lot of people probably know how to create/edit custom spouse rooms considering how many spouse room mods exist online, but I think for people who are really new to map editing and starting completely fresh out of the water something like a handy-dandy tutorial would be a really huge help! Ideally, it might help if the tutorial is done through visual examples like through a video on Youtube or the same way in which Mi's vanilla spouse room editing tutorial was set up here: https://mioudew.tumblr.com/post/164935244998/how-to-edit-spouse-rooms-modding-the-spouse-rooms

I apologize in advance if it all sounds like a really hefty load to take care of, but for newcomers entering the map editing fields of the game, I think this would be able to help a lot of people who don't know right from left when it comes to editing or even those who want to make sure that they're editing their personal works correctly! So if possible, a tutorial for custom spouse room edits would mean a lot to me!

• Tyrian

Tyrian Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Heya! I'm using the Immersive Farm 2 mod and wanted to edit it a little, despite being pretty much inexperienced in this kind of stuff. Adding a minecart to travel from the farm was easy enough, but something that really gives me a headache is the fact that I can't place paths/flooring down near several of the exits. I guessed it would be the custom properties of the tiles, but even after removing them all, I still can't place any paths/flooring there. Placing flooring works fine around the northern exit despite the same properties of the tiles there, so I assume that's not it. I was hoping that someone here could help me out and tell me could be making these tiles invalid for flooring and how I can fix that.

Here's some screenshots of the areas I mean. The marked areas are the ones where I can't place anything.
          Western exit
          Eastern exit
          Southern exit

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

@Tyrian The map has No Spawn tiledata in all of those places to keep anything from blocking the exit/entrance to the farm.

• Tyrian

@Moragaine I'm aware of that. As I said, I removed all those properties before, but it still wouldn't let me place anything down in those areas. There must be something else that blocks anything from being placed there, but I have no idea what that could possibly be.

I'll just add the edited map file here. Maybe that helps figure out what I'm doing wrong?

Attached Files:

• Moragaine

@Tyrian The only other thing I can see is the NPC barrier. I'm not sure if that would prevent placing items or not.. Perhaps someone with more map experiece than I will have an idea of what's up with those areas.

• SinisterVoid

SinisterVoid Aquatic Astronaut

I'm not getting any light when I place a light source in the 'Paths' layer using Paths tile sheet (Tile ID 8).

Now, I know that I can add light sources using map properties but I'm just wondering if this was the case for anyone else? Does adding light using 'Paths' layer tiles work for you?

• shelldragongirl

shelldragongirl Void-Bound Voyager

anybody want to help me put the exit warps in this greenhouse map edit?
                    if you like the edit feel free to use it

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
                    • Tyrian

@shelldragongirl
                      There you go.
                      Although it probably wouldn't hurt to learn how to do that. It's pretty easy, really. Even more so when using Tiled if you ask me.

Attached Files:

shelldragongirl likes this.
                      • shelldragongirl

shelldragongirl Void-Bound Voyager

@Tyrian i'd like to put this up on nexus, do you use this name or a different one for nexus? i'd like to give you some credit on the mod page.

• Tyrian

I don't think that changing the map a tad and changing 2 numbers is really worth mentioning to be honest.

• SinisterVoid

Are there X Y limits on maps?

• SinisterVoid

Does anyone know how to make a map with a background like on the Summit? Checked the .tbin but seems like there's more to it.

[​IMG]

• Kimaey

Kimaey Space Hobo

Hello. I wanted to add a Bee House to the Town.tbin (I thought that would be simple, but its driving me insane).

In order to do this I did the following:
                                1. Unpack SV Content folder
                                1.2. Copied that folder to work in it
                                2. Open Town.tbin in Tiled
                                3. Add TileSheet in Tiled (Craftables from the TileSheets folder) and add the Bee House
                                4. 'Save'
                                5. Copied Town.tbin into Mod 'assets'-folder, which is in another folder which contains a content.json and a manifest.json.

If I do all these steps without using any tiles from the 'Craftables' but just the already used town-tiles, everything works fine.
                                As soon as I add the Bee House next to the saloon I get following message:

19:59:47 ERROR TMXLoader] This mod failed in the GameLoop.GameLaunched event. Technical details:
                                Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Error loading "..\TileSheets\Craftables". File not found. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Error loading "TileSheets\Craftables.xnb". File not found.
                                bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.TitleContainer.OpenStream(String name)
                                bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream(String assetName)
                                --- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung ---
                                bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream(String assetName)
                                bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)
                                bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)
                                bei StardewValley.LocalizedContentManager.Load[T](String assetName, LanguageCode language) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalizedContentManager.cs:Zeile 145.
                                bei StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentManagers.GameContentManager.<>n__0[T](String assetName, LanguageCode language)
                                bei StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentManagers.GameContentManager.<>c__DisplayClass7_0`1.<Load>b__0()
                                bei StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Utilities.ContextHash`1.Track[TResult](T key, Func`1 action)
                                bei StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentManagers.GameContentManager.Load[T](String assetName, LanguageCode language)
                                bei StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentManagers.BaseContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)
                                bei xTile.Display.XnaDisplayDevice.LoadTileSheet(TileSheet tileSheet) in C:\Users\Barone_\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\tide-83511\TileMapEditor\xTile\Display\XnaDisplayDevice.cs:Zeile 94.
                                bei xTile.Map.LoadTileSheets(IDisplayDevice displayDevice) in C:\Users\Barone_\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\tide-83511\TileMapEditor\xTile\Map.cs:Zeile 309.
                                bei PyTK.Tiled.TMXContent.Load(String path, IModHelper helper, Boolean syncTexturesToClients, IContentPack contentPack) in D:\Programming\Games\Mods\GitHub\Stardew-Valley-Mods\PyTK\Tiled\TMXContent.cs:Zeile 128.
                                bei PyTK.Tiled.TMXContent.Load(String path, IModHelper helper, IContentPack contentPack) in D:\Programming\Games\Mods\GitHub\Stardew-Valley-Mods\PyTK\Tiled\TMXContent.cs:Zeile 25.
                                bei TMXLoader.TMXLoaderMod.loadContentPacks() in D:\Programming\Games\Mods\GitHub\Stardew-Valley-Mods\TMXLoader\TMXLoaderMod.cs:Zeile 900.
                                bei TMXLoader.TMXLoaderMod.OnGameLaunched(Object sender, GameLaunchedEventArgs e) in D:\Programming\Games\Mods\GitHub\Stardew-Valley-Mods\TMXLoader\TMXLoaderMod.cs:Zeile 655.
                                bei StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Events.ManagedEvent`1.Raise(TEventArgs args)

I really don't understand why this wouldn't work. I even checked if the craftables.xnb disappeared for whatever reason, but it's still in the TileSheets folder in the Contents.
                                I also tried putting the Craftables.png into my Mod assets folder, which didn't change anything.
                                I checked TMXLoader on Nexus and it seems like other people are having similiar issues (https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1820?tab=posts).

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

(I attached my edited Town.tbin if that helps)

Attached Files:

• fadedwaif

fadedwaif Orbital Explorer

I'm not sure if this is an appropriate place to ask this... Complete newbie

I'm using stardew and smapi on Android with the default farm and I'd like to change to this....https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1293/

I have a ton of animals, crops, trees. What's the best method to make this transition smoother. Do I move everything on my old map first?

• DustBeauty

DustBeauty Void-Bound Voyager

Attached Files:

• bikinavisho

bikinavisho Void-Bound Voyager

When editing an existing map via Tiled, how are you supposed to reference the tilesheets that the map is using? I tried following the instructions on the wiki, but am just getting the error:
                                    I unpacked all of the vanilla Stardew files into a folder titled "Content" as advised in the wiki
                                    I have interpreted this to mean:
                                    • Have a workspace folder, where you have the map file (.tbin) in question that you are trying to edit. Inside of this folder, have Content folder with the unpacked files mirroring what is in Stardew Valley's content folder.

I've tried googling this but don't quite understand what I found in Pathoschild's patch notes , especially when trying to pair this with the modding instructions I found in the wiki.
                                    I know that what I am trying to do is possible, as there are tons of mods out there that have a modified map without having to include all of the tilesheets inside the mod itself, and the wiki is directing me to use Tiled, but I am at a loss of how to proceed with this.

Any advice is appreciated.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
                                    • Moragaine

@bikinavisho When you edit a map make a working folder that contains the .tbin you're editing and all the tilesheets needed by that map, be they tilesheets from the game (usual) or custom tilesheets you make yourself. Don't load tilesheets from other folders, or you'll get errors. And when you save your edited .tbin, save it to the folder you're working in and copy it to where you need it when making your content pack. Vanilla tilesheets can be removed from the content pack, but custom ones will need to be included.

• bikinavisho

bikinavisho Void-Bound Voyager

@Moragaine I put the vanilla unpacked tilesheets in the exact same directory as the map I was editing, and it worked! Thanks for the help!

Moragaine likes this.
                                        Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.