Modding Help Do's and Don'ts of reporting issues with SMAPI mods

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Entoarox, Oct 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uyrl2

uyrl2 Orbital Explorer

Thank you for your response. I try to delete everything once.

• Mr. Ricatto

Mr. Ricatto Void-Bound Voyager

Greetings to the community! There is a problem with Android SMAPI, the game crashes on startup. Here is the log: https://log.smapi.io/EYC3VAMY Tell me what is wrong? Thank you.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Android issues are handled by the Android developer, contact them.

Edit: Anyhow the log itself is saying you did not install your mods correctly, follow the android-specific instructions guide! That is what it is there for!

Mr. Ricatto likes this.
        • Mr. Ricatto

Mr. Ricatto Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for the quick response! Android SMAPI developer for a long time did not appear... But thanks your anyway :)

Note: This is not my log (everything works fine for me). I just asked a question at the request of another person.

• Seramarias

Seramarias Void-Bound Voyager

Okay, so, I've hit the limits of my own troubleshooting ability and came to ask for help. I'm having a very weird glitch where I cannot play through winter! I go to bed on the last day of fall, and wake up on the first day of spring. If I log into an old save from winter, I can play that day, but as soon as I sleep, the screen with the day's totals reports the day just past as Winter 28 regardless of the actual date, and I wake up in spring again. I did this deliberately to get a log showing the errors. I can't figure out exactly what's setting it off - it looks like maybe the custom NPC handler, but I have no idea if there's any way to fix it without just removing that whole mod. I think I've got everything up to date, and it's pretty stable apart from this one weird thing.
            https://log.smapi.io/ZXCvDhf1

Any advice on this would be welcome - I've dug through comments on most of the mods on Nexus and hit nothing that sounds like this.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

You have a ton of errors that happen even before the actual error loop happens - please resolve errors from top to bottom. - in your case, the MothMan NPC has invalid schedule data.
              Try running the game without that, and see how many bugs it fixes.

• Seramarias

Seramarias Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks so much! Pulling MothMan let it roll over to the next day just fine. It's still throwing a slew of errors, but nothing that seems to be messing with gameplay quite so badly.

https://log.smapi.io/bvQMJuYu

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Remaining errors look to be caused by UI Info Suite, up to you to choose if you wish to remove it or not though.

• AndrAlaMatrix

AndrAlaMatrix Void-Bound Voyager

its not a massive problem but, i would like to know if i had done anything to create the errors. I tried to figure out how to solve it on my own. I mange to fix most of it but i am now stuck with one or two? that i have no idea to fix? https://log.smapi.io/JcgW87DW
                    I have no idea what the log is meaning. Im sure I downloaded the modds right? I know its not a massive problem but i'll ask for a second problem before I make it worse.

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

@AndrAlaMatrix Most of your problem is that Content Patcher can't find the Lyell NPC. I'm not sure what's going on with the author - he's changed his nic-name on Nexus and the current file version is lower than the one you're using.. but maybe try that version instead. For the Farm Type Manager error, perhaps try asking on the Nexus page for that mod, I know the author has been working on improving it quite a bit lately.

• AndrAlaMatrix

AndrAlaMatrix Void-Bound Voyager

• Ratlochet

Ratlochet Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Normally I can handle most SMAPI errors on my own, but this one has got me absolutely perplexed.

https://log.smapi.io/Tx8drjzH

This only happens when I try to load a new save file into the Tiny Garden Farm. I can't check on a current save file since I don't have one for that map. MTN works fine as long as that farm isn't selected, but I haven't seen anyone else reporting the problem on the mod page. Thank you in advance for the help! <3

• Moragaine

@Ratlochet I would take that log and post it on the author's page - something might have gotten left out accidentally.

Ratlochet likes this.
                          • tinkerbelljln

tinkerbelljln Pangalactic Porcupine

So I don't know what's done it, but something is doubling things. What I mean by that is for example, I have SVE and when you complete the museum collection, instead of the sewer key, you get 40k gold in the mail, for some reason I'm getting 80k. Now if it was only that, I'd say it was something to do with SVE, but then I also have Mizus Flowers (for JA) and the seed for the flower Rafflesia is supposed to cost 3000, but in my game it's 6000. I have no idea what's causing it, I went through my mods to see if anything did this, but couldn't find anything, but I'm also pretty n00b when it comes to modding. So I'm hoping if I post my SMAPI log here, someone more talented and knowledgeable than me might be able to figure it out. And help would be deeply appreciated.

• Moragaine

SVE handles the Sewer Key differently than vanilla Stardew Valley, but the give you a bigger bonus. Not sure why that seed price is doubled, I don't believe SVE has anything to do with it; are any other seeds having this problem? I don't see anything in your log that would affect seed prices.

• syafiqhariz13

syafiqhariz13 Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, I am new to reporting or commenting here so I hope this is the right platform to do so. Here is my log report. i'm facing a problem when going into co op mode. I think it have something to do when I go past spring into summer, that is my I assumption right now. Everything is up to date including SMAPI including all the framework. and I tried to delete and test run some nods that under suspicion of causing the crash but still nothing.

https://smapi.io/log/948ad59afb9141afb2137412e59d9bb8

-EDIT- After asking my friend to delete my save file for the multiplayer I can't enter his room. Infinite loading screen happens. Is it because my save file have been corrupted?

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
                                • Moragaine

It's very possible, yes. Have you tried making a new character, with him building a new cabin, too?

• syafiqhariz13

syafiqhariz13 Void-Bound Voyager

Thanx for the quick reply. Yes we've tried to make new character and it doesn't have any problems. So there is no work around for that problem. Shame so many hours put in that gameplay. Thank you again.

• MythyBeau

MythyBeau Void-Bound Voyager

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
                                    • Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Because the official modding community has moved to the official forums this thread is no longer needed. Locking.

Check this thread for current modding links.

Thread Status:
                                      Not open for further replies.