Modding Help Using Dynamic Tokens to Change Kitchen

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Dawnstar1202, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Dawnstar1202

Dawnstar1202 Void-Bound Voyager

So, to start things off, I am not an expert modder or coder, I took some basic computer classes in high school but that's about it.

I'm trying to edit the content.json file of Elle's Kitchen Replacements so that I can customize my kitchen individually for each save I have. (i.e, Save 1 has a red tile kitchen but save two has an all-white kitchen.) I figured out from digging around that there is a way to do this using dynamic tokens, but I am not versed in the language of coding well enough to understand it. If someone could explain how or have examples of how to do this in the most layman way possible, I would greatly appreciate it.

• paradigmnomad

paradigmnomad Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There's no way to individually customize a mod per save file.
      The only way I can think to do would be to set the config.json to match how you want the kitchen to appear in that save and copy + paste that config file elsewhere. You'll have to manually swap them out when you switch files (closing the game & relaunching).

• minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

You can use the PlayerName token to work something out, most likely. It might not be worth editing the mod's files and just making your own though.

• paradigmnomad

paradigmnomad Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh true, that is a token. It isn't used much so I completely forgot about it. But yeah, Minerva is right on it being easier to make your own rather than editing one.

• pepoluan

pepoluan Big Damn Hero

This per-save config is so interesting for me, I decided to suggest it to Pathoschild in CP's thread.