1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Bk3k's Inventory 1.26

More space, more tabs, better organization, happy hoarding.

1. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

Edit: Still researching.

Edit 2: With exactly how the new currency was implemented, it may not be possible.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  2. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

I found the actual currency in FU. But I'm recalling from an older thread someone tried this and couldn't make it work. I don't think you can really even add new currencies to the vanilla inventory window. I mean you can add the icon but you can't get it to update the value properly.

He's vanilla -
    Code:
            "imgMoneyIcon" : {
              "type" : "image",
              "position" : [8, 12],
              "centered" : false,
              "file" : "/interface/bk3k_inventory/money.png"
            },
            "lblMoney" : {
              "type" : "label",
              "position" : [20, 11],
              "value" : "0"
            },
            "imgEssenceIcon" : {
              "type" : "image",
              "position" : [80, 11],
              "centered" : false,
              "file" : "/interface/bk3k_inventory/essenceicon.png"
            },
            "lblEssence" : {
              "type" : "label",
              "position" : [95, 11],
              "value" : "0"
            },
    The engine knows to swap the value for "lblMoney" and "lblEssence" but won't know about any other currency you use. You can still spend them fine, but can't track it through your inventory screen. Yet another reason I wish the inventory screen was scripted over hard-code.

3. MrRichGamerTag

MrRichGamerTag Intergalactic Tourist

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    If you add the mod then remove, it says ERROR look here upload_2018-1-3_15-23-28.png

4. MrRichGamerTag

MrRichGamerTag Intergalactic Tourist

btw i remove the mod to play my pre existing save then when i pick up clothes, that happen.

5. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Sure you removed the whole mod? Because you should then have the old sorting aka this -
    Code:
    "inventoryFilters" : {
        "mainBag" : {
          "typeBlacklist" : [ "material", "liquid", "object" ],
          "tagBlacklist" : [ "reagent" ],
          "categoryBlacklist" : [ "cookingIngredient", "preparedFood", "food", "drink", "seed", "foodJunk" ]
        },
        "materialBag" : {
          "typeWhitelist" : [ "material", "liquid" ]
        },
        "objectBag" : {
          "typeWhitelist" : [ "object" ],
          "categoryBlacklist" : [ "seed" ]
        },
        "reagentBag" : {
          "tagWhitelist" : [ "reagent" ]
        },
        "foodBag" : {
          "categoryWhitelist" : [ "cookingIngredient", "preparedFood", "food", "drink", "seed", "foodJunk" ]
        },
        "autoAddToCustomBar" : {
          "typeWhitelist" : [ "liquid", "material", "object", "miningtool", "flashlight", "harvestingtool", "tillingtool", "consumable", "blueprint", "codex", "instrument", "thrownitem", "unlockitem", "activeitem" ],
          "categoryBlacklist" : [ "food" ]
        }
      }
    Thus the "armoryBag" sorting isn't present. The sorting itself isn't saved into player characters. If it was, then my updates to add more (mod) categories wouldn't work. But they do work - instantly. As for my old characters - they won't load AT ALL. You apparently got in far enough to pick up a shirt. So that doesn't make sense unless you did something weird like simply deleting select sections of player.config.patch

Now you might just consider following the directions from here to convert your old characters anyhow. And of course it isn't a terrible idea to back up your stuff on occasion in case these things happen.

6. Cicatriz

Cicatriz Void-Bound Voyager

If this is installed on a dedicated remote server, will I still be able to join that server with my vanilla characters?

7. SkyeTheTerribleBeastie

SkyeTheTerribleBeastie Pangalactic Porcupine

I LOVE this mod, and if I were to play "vanilla", I'd still use this mod.
    However, as my mod folder has... 69 mods in it, my Crafting tab is always full, and I've resorted to using Backpacks for holding all my ores and hardly-used vanilla crafting items.
    I would greatly appreciate it if a Ores & Bars tab were added, or (if it's even possible) make a customizeable tab that either A) Lets you choose a mod, and have all items from that mod be automatically held in there, instead of their proper tab, or 2) said tab "holds on to" items put in the tab, marking them to be put in there, maybe with a menu with a list of items added. Or something.
    And maybe separate weapon and armor tabs, since F.U. has many different armor sets with different immunities; though organization can be done in-game rather easily, I like having the main armor sets on me in case I beam down to a planet in the wrong gear. And said tab gets filled up when I'm crafting new weapons to test, or looting a vanilla dungeon. LMAO
    Also, shields and back items from the mod Hylian Weapons of Legends (currently using a backpack for their items) show up in the main inventory slot, as well as the Precursor "weapons" (like the xray gun) from F.U..

...also, Trianglium Ore shows up in the main tab, though I think I remember seeing something about it in my .log with a mod moving it to there, or a mod-dev note about it...
    ...and more often than not with my low framerate and heavy cursor-movement that Starbound has, I more often than not end up clicking in the middle of two tabs, opening the one on the left (99% of the time the correct one anyway)...

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  8. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

bk3k updated Bk3k's Inventory with a new update entry:

Please read

Read the rest of this update entry...

9. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Nope. Just one time.

But if you wanted to use the 180 slot patch I just uploaded, then you would need to start a new character (or manually edit the player file).

10. Mumpfbrapp

Mumpfbrapp Scruffy Nerf-Herder

bk3k, Pleeeaaaseee do not start making extra tabs for stuff only crazy people hoard.
    Or at least make that tab optional.
    If someone has SO many of those parts that they would need an extra tab for them, they should seek professional help, i'll say.

11. Quinch

Quinch Cosmic Narwhal

GOG user here - the update corrupted my player file, used up the last of my toilet paper, ate my clearly labeled lunch, mooned a police officer, caused a volcano to erupt in my back yard and started an alien invasion.

Actually, the tab shows up fine. I'd need to make some mech parts to actually test it, though.

12. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

I wasn't planning any others. This was one I regret not having at the start. But I decided against it at the start since that was before the update adding modular mechs. I decided it wasn't worth it to have a vehicle only tab (even with the mods that add more). But with all the mech parts you can find and craft added to that, it seems worth having their own tab.

The main mod is basically the same, plus one tab. So it doesn't look much different. For the others, you can find the screenshots by following the link to them on Steam Workshop. I can't upload them here because the website hasn't let me upload anything for a while now. It always errors out. That's why I have to use dropbox rather than this website hosting.

With effort, you could do whatever you want with the tabs. The files are text(JSON), so you can edit them. You don't even need to know LUA, and can't script this interface anyhow (last time I checked). Now adding more tabs than this would involve more serious UI changes. But have at it.

13. Sugar-Fable

Sugar-Fable Phantasmal Quasar

Love this mod! Just made a new character for it~ (along with the reskin lol)

14. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

The problem is that ore should have an item tag for "reagent" and it doesn't. They'll have the same problem even with a vanilla inventory because the crafting materials really should have that tag.

edit:
    And that's technically a vanilla item(vanilla assets), but not in the vanilla game anymore. I guess the devs don't care to fix thing they aren't using. I could patch it, but it isn't a terribly high priority thing. Guess I can do that with the next version. Anyhow it isn't so much a problem with this mod itself.

Not sure what I can say besides look at my mod to see what I did. You may also want to look at a good number of vanilla interfaces to really get a feel for them. It is all JSON for this (because you can't script it).

For programs making this just Notepad++ and Paint.net
    The graphics are pretty simple. You have lots of elements though - it isn't just a single picture but several things put together. You'll see that when looking at the interface.

As for making the tools go into a particular tab, that should be pretty obvious once you look at my player.config.patch. "tools" is a category. The whole thing is a system of whitelists and blacklists. You can use category, type, and/or item tag based lists.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  15. NaturesWitness

NaturesWitness Scruffy Nerf-Herder

GoG user here, no problems for far. I'll let you know if anything pops up.
    Also, the striker weapons from Frackin' are still in the primary bag instead of the weapon bag.

16. DarkBirdo

DarkBirdo Phantasmal Quasar

In line with what NaturesWitness says is that some weapons from the Elithian Races Mod also go to the main bag.

17. Sabinou

Sabinou Space Hobo

EDIT: content of the comment removed.
    My bad, I was reporting a bug while it was a wrong manipulation on my end. Sorry about that.
    Have a good day everyone!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
  18. leion26

leion26 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

19. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

I haven't messed around much lately. Not a lot of extra time and low motivation I guess. But I'll look at that and push an update eventually. I have to learn how to push workshop updates from Linux since I switched recently, but that doesn't really affect updating here. But i also need to make a new script based on Bash instead of Powershell too (that I use to find categories I don't currently cover).

I would say for the mods I'm currently covering, I should recheck them all or at least the larger ones. And possibly even vanilla may have added something new for 1.4.

20. leion26

leion26 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Okay, love your mod:)