Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveKrl

SteveKrl Intergalactic Tourist

2. Wingyl

Wingyl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Check to make sure it's using an actual audio device that is not muted and is outputting audio, not eg a random soundchip that it thinks is an audio device, or muted speakers when you have headphones.

• SteveKrl

Thanks! I'll check that. The weird thing is that if I run Stardew without SMAPI, the sound is fine. Is there a setting in SMAPI that selects the audio output? I'm using "steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\StardewModdingAPI.exe" %command% as a launch option in Steam. It looks right to me , but did I misplace a comma or something?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
      • Wingyl

Generally you need the entire path, including which drive it's on. There is a mod for selecting the audio output device in-game which you can use to see if it's set to something silly, though.

• heartbreak90s

heartbreak90s Orbital Explorer

i'm having crashes with the game when i go to sleep, before the money gets calculated for the night, or the game saves. i've tried with and without anything in the sell box, and as far as i can tell from the log parser, there doesn't seem to be any issues with the mods themselves?

• SteveKrl

Thanks for your help Wing! I did find a solution. You were correct in your initial response. The last paragraph here https://www.stardewvalley.net/stardew-valley-troubleshooting-guide/ (As sound was working with the base game, I hadn't thought to check this). When I opened the volume mixer, I found that "Stardew Valley 1.4.3 running smapi" was muted. I unmuted it and I'm hearing sounds again. Again, thank you so much for your help!

• OlimOdan

OlimOdan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi, my more recent game file is currently missing and no matter how many old back-ups I zip, it goes to an older save so I lost two whole in-game seasons. Is there some way my more current save can be recovered? Thanks!

Just in case: https://smapi.io/log/a770370d869549148ae50d5d2f3311d5

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

• qnel

qnel Intergalactic Tourist

I installed dialogue modification mode(contentpatcher,cp) and modified the dialogues.
                When a character sleeps(save), the game was forced to end. How can I solve this problem?
                (Several other modes are also installed.)

Attached Files:

• SamoDan

SamoDan Intergalactic Tourist

hello idk if this is the right place to ask for help just followed crash logs in smapi link and im trying to fix a problem to the game crashing every time i go to sleep i got the logs rdy if someone needs them i think its due to some mods got 38 installed thank you for any solution found !

Edit: FIXED!!!: turns out after 19 hours of crashes i realised it was a dialogue mod that was outdated that made the new update conflict when fixing theater

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
                  • rhids21

rhids21 Space Hobo

good day \@_@

so i run into this problem... ive made a new save game, played for a while, but after running into mid spring(when in the process of going to bed) the game just crash. ive also have some icon display problem like "salmon roe" appear like grass in a parchment. i cant seem to locate what mod that changes the icons(though some of them are fine).
                    link to the log- https://smapi.io/log/25c048b064d94f09bb7ac6ae3d2d0f2f

i have no idea what how to fix it. i cant recall what new mod ive added to the game that caused the game crash. please help and thnx in advance \@_@

• Wingyl

• rhids21

rhids21 Space Hobo

aye thnx for the reply, but it didnt work for me(well not slightly i guess, it did help somehow). so it turns out the error from the log has a missing file "ShearedWhite Cow.xnb" file missing.. (ive tried reading the error log again at the red text) welp, i just copy-pasted the wite cow.xnb file and renamed it sheardwhite cow.xnb and the error got fix. weird error, since im only using smapi and the mod folder. probably caused by animal girls mod? idk @_@" anyways, thnx again.

• clay66666

clay66666 Space Hobo

need help!!, crash problem.
                        The game failed to launch: System. AccessViolationException: try to read or write protected memory. This usually indicates that other memory is corrupted.
                        In Microsoft, Xna Framework. Audio. UnsafeNativeMethods. Cue. SetVariable (UInt32 hCue, String String, Int32 length, Single variable)
                        In Microsoft, Xna Framework. Audio. Cue. SetVariable (String name, Single value)
                        In StardewValley. CueWrapper. SetVariable (String var, Single val) location C: \ GitlabRunner \ builds \ Gq5qA5P4\0 \ ConcernedApe \ StardewValley, Farmer, Farmer \ CueWrapper cs: line number 60
                        In StardewValley. BellsAndWhistles. AmbientLocationSounds. Update (GameTime time) location C: \ GitlabRunner \ builds \ Gq5qA5P4\0 \ ConcernedApe \ StardewValley, Farmer, Farmer, BellsAndWhistles \ AmbientLocationSounds cs: line number 69
                        In StardewValley. GameLocation. UpdateWhenCurrentLocation (GameTime time) location C: \ GitlabRunner \ builds \ Gq5qA5P4\0 \ ConcernedApe \ StardewValley, Farmer, Farmer, Locations \ GameLocation cs: line number 2332
                        In StardewValley. Locations. BuildableGameLocation. UpdateWhenCurrentLocation (GameTime time) C: \ GitlabRunner \ builds \ Gq5qA5P4\0 \ ConcernedApe \ stardewvalley, Farmer, Farmer, Locations \ BuildableGameLocation cs: line number 211
                        In StardewValley. Farm. UpdateWhenCurrentLocation (GameTime time) location C: \ GitlabRunner \ builds \ Gq5qA5P4\0 \ ConcernedApe \ StardewValley \ Farmer, Farmer, Locations, Farm. Cs: line number 1793
                        In StardewValley. Game1. UpdateLocations (GameTime time) location C: \ GitlabRunner \ builds \ Gq5qA5P4\0 \ ConcernedApe \ StardewValley, Farmer, Farmer, Game1. Cs: line number 5024
                        In StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime GameTime) location C: GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\ StardewValley \Farmer\Game1. Cs: line no. 3555
                        In StardewValley. Game1. Update (GameTime GameTime) location C: \ GitlabRunner \ builds \ Gq5qA5P4\0 \ ConcernedApe \ StardewValley, Farmer, Farmer, Game1. Cs: line number 2875
                        In StardewModdingAPI. Framework. SGame. Update (GameTime GameTime) location C: \ source \ _Stardew \ SMAPI \ SRC \ SMAPI \ Framework \ SGame cs: line number 734
                        In Microsoft, Xna Framework. Game. Tick ()
                        In Microsoft, Xna Framework. Game. HostIdle (Object sender, EventArgs e)
                        In Microsoft, Xna Framework. GameHost. OnIdle ()
                        In Microsoft, Xna Framework. WindowsGameHost. RunOneFrame ()
                        In Microsoft, Xna Framework. WindowsGameHost. ApplicationIdle (Object sender, EventArgs e)
                        In the System. Windows. Forms. Application. ThreadContext. System. Windows. Forms. UnsafeNativeMethods. IMsoComponent. FDoIdle (Int32 grfidlef)
                        On the System.Windows.Forms.Application.Com ponentManager. System. Windows. Forms. UnsafeNativeMethods. IMsoComponentManager. FPushMessageLoop (IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
                        In the System. Windows. Forms. Application. ThreadContext. RunMessageLoopInner (Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
                        In the System. Windows. Forms. Application. ThreadContext. RunMessageLoop (Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
                        In the System. Windows. Forms. Application. The Run (Form mainForm)
                        In Microsoft, Xna Framework. WindowsGameHost. The Run ()
                        In Microsoft, Xna Framework. Game. RunGame (Boolean useBlockingRun)
                        In Microsoft, Xna Framework. The Game. The Run ()
                        In StardewModdingAPI. Framework. SCore. RunInteractively () location C: \ source \ _Stardew \ SMAPI \ SRC \ SMAPI \ Framework \ SCore cs: line number 328
                        [20:03:43 INFO SMAPI] Game has ended. Press any key to exit.

• mrszombie666

mrszombie666 Void-Bound Voyager

Game crashed when my character goes to sleep. here is my log;

https://smapi.io/log/83a650648dd141e6b21fe4308fcdaaed

from the log parser, it seems like the error comes from the game & smapi but i could be wrong. I just updated these mods if this helps:-

TMXLoader,
                          PyTK, Luckskill,
                          Custom Farming Redux,
                          Jungle Temple and City Bus (Cut Content),
                          Stardew Valley Expanded,
                          Spouse Room Template,
                          Immersive Farm 2 Remastered
                          & Example Files Content Pack.

Thank you so much for the help!

same here, seems like the error for me comes from the game and smapi itself.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2020
                          • Moragaine

@mrszombie666 All your errors are coming from Farmhouse Redone - you'll need to remove that and whatever farmhouse mod is using it.

@clay66666 Please go to https://smapi.io/log, follow the instructions there and bring back a link to your parsed log

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2020
                            • mrszombie666

mrszombie666 Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you!!! it was the Farmhouse Redone. Thanks a bunchhh!!!

Moragaine likes this.
                              • Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Hey, guys, just a reminder to not stack posts. Use the edit button to add to your post or wait for someone else to reply first. Also, it's possible to quote multiple people in one post. Simply click 'reply' for each post you want to quote. Thanks.

paxchristos likes this.
                                • thelarsvolta

thelarsvolta Space Hobo

hello. my game crashes when i go to sleep before my money is calculated and the game saves.

here is my smapi log https://smapi.io/log/5cbedeccef7445edb223b6eae401e392

i have been playing with the mods i have installed for a few days now with no issues before this, however i did use task manager to exit the game at one point to keep from having a penalty from death, not sure if thats relevant, but it only started happening after that point.

thank u for ur help

• Moragaine

@thelarsvolta Did you happen to get married? The error seems to be coming from the Spouse room mod you're using; try removing that and see if it helps..

thelarsvolta likes this.
                                    Thread Status:
                                    Not open for further replies.