shipped quality animal product won't count?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by endly, Feb 3, 2020.

1. endly

endly Void-Bound Voyager

does this mean i have to sell one of my adult "quality" livestock from each type and buy another ones and raise them again to sell their "plain" products? because the quality products won't count towards the "shipped" amount.
    this only happens to the animal products, quality crops and forage still counts.

• Elenna101

Elenna101 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Silver/gold/iridium quality products should count. However, I'm guessing your problem is that regular milk/eggs are counted separately from large milk/eggs. So if you're trying to get the "ship everything" achievement, you have to ship both a regular milk and a large milk (same for goat's milk), and both a regular egg and a large egg. However, there is only one size for void/duck/dinosaur eggs.

If you're trying to get a regular milk/egg after your animals have reached the point of only producing large ones, the easiest way is probably to sell one and buy a new one. But if you don't want to, you can lower their friendship with you by locking them inside and not petting them. Not feeding them will lower their friendship/mood too, but note that they won't produce at all if they haven't been fed the previous day.

• endly

endly Void-Bound Voyager

i'm pretty sure it's not about the regular or large ones, they all didn't count if they are quality products.
        one day i noticed that i only shipped 2 eggs (on the shipped goods screen), maybe because i was always turn them into mayo.
        then from that day on i decided to sell all raw products for a few days to meet the requirement of 15 shipped for the achievement.
        all the products were quality ones because it's been a very long time since i sold the "plain" raw products so the livestock's hearts are already full.
        the next day, my shipped eggs still counted at 2 including all other products like milks and wools, the quality ones didn't count.
        this goes on for the next few days, still didn't count. then i sold one of the chickens and bought a new one just for my curiosity.
        guess what, the "plain" egg finally counts. hmm... :/
        for the chickens and ducks, i guess i'll just sell one of them and buy new ones as they are cheap.
        for barn animals, i guess i'll follow your suggestion. thank you, and cheers.

• Elenna101

Elenna101 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hmmm, that's super weird. When you say you shipped 2 eggs, is that one regular and one large? Or two regular? I.e. did you ever ship a large egg successfully? White eggs or brown eggs?
          Just in case you're looking at the wrong thing, large eggs would be the spots circled in red here:
          upload_2020-2-2_23-46-51.png

However, good news, you don't have to ship 15 eggs for the Polyculture achievement. You only have to ship 15 of each *crop*, so 15 of each item listed at https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Achievements (scroll down to the Notes section). Basically it's 15 of anything you can plant except Ancient Fruit or any of the flowers.

endly likes this.
          • endly

endly Void-Bound Voyager

really? i guess i misread the tooltip, my bad. i really thought i'd have to ship 15 of everything including the Rainbow Shell and all those hard-to-get forage things hah xD.
            thank you so much for the heads up, cheers.