Modding Help FarmHouse map newby (in dire need of help)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by pinballwitch, Feb 2, 2020.

1. pinballwitch

pinballwitch Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, I'm trying (and failing) to do a FarmHouse map, using FarmHouse Redone and adding extra layers thanks to PyTK, but I'm way out of my league, and I have a bunch of problems.
    The FarmHouse is intended to look something like this:
    FarmHouse.png
    Here's a gallery: https://imgur.com/gallery/C2ZpXaA
    It's seasonal, that, at least, I made it work.
    My issues are:
    - I can't make marriage maps work, I don't really know what I'm doing wrong, but every time I go to bed before the wedding day, the game crushes. Here a smapi log if it's ani help https://smapi.io/log/ad9af58c52b24467ac909787224dac1d
    - and I have questions about the children room, can I just put some bed in there and expect them to be functional?
    - I'm adding extra layers for reasons, and, using the DrawAbove property, they do show up in game, but only after I exit the house and go back in, is there a way to make them visible from the start?
    - I would like to make one of this extra layers visible solely during the day and invisible at night, unless there's a full moon (through Lunar Disturbances), but day/night tiles don't work on extra layer and I don't have any other idea. Suggestions?
    - I also would like to make the windows show weather. I saw Content Patcher can managed changes according to weather (though I've yet to understand how), but my attempts to recreate rain tilesheets looked nothing like in game rain. Can I just plaster the game rain (and lighting, and storm) over my windows? Again, suggestions?
    I know I'm asking way too much, but I don't know what else to do.
    I'm going to upload the files I managed to make so far, if everyone is interested.

Attached Files:

Almonda, winnafish and HopeWasHere like this.
    • Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

i cannot help since i know nothing about mapping but may i please at least say that this is without any caveats the best farmhouse i have seen in every one of it stages

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

@pinballwitch Your farmhouse is lovely! There are a few things you're asking that may be too much for a simple game like Stardew Valley. However, I would suggest that you join the SdV discord server and ask your questions in the modding channel there - the author of Farmhouses Redone visits when she can (she's a bit busy right now) - someone may at least be able to tell you if you can do these things you want to do.

mityapotion likes this.
        • winnafish

winnafish Void-Bound Voyager

Are you still working on this? Because it's rad and I'm using it despite the kinks. I started to pull it apart in Tiled but I don't exactly have the time to lay into it hardcore right now.

• SarawrAU

SarawrAU Void-Bound Voyager

Are you using Farmhouse ReDone? It's broken right now with Spouserooms afaik, I believe actually if you have SVE that is the problem and you need to remove the custom NPC spouse rooms. If not then I'm sorry that I can't help.

• SarawrAU

I found your problem, it's the same one I am having. You can't move the spouse room, that's it. Right now Farmhouse Redone is just broken with it, no matter what you try it will always cause issues. The best result I found was starting with the default spouse location, and building around that. You can at least copy all the layers etc over, make your map as big as you need, DO NOT move the spouse room, and build around that room specifically, just that room, everything else is fine. Do not even MENTION the spouse room in your file. Unfortunately this means you cannot modify the spouse rooms look at all, but in the end that's a small price to pay to get the rest of the thing to work.

• MrKiDD0

MrKiDD0 Void-Bound Voyager

Sory, idk anything about modding but DON'T GIVE up because your house look really nice

• mityapotion

mityapotion Master Chief

That's interesting, I wonder why it's coded like that. Out of curiosity, how do mods that change the spouse rooms work then? I've seen a few of them on Nexus.

• SarawrAU

I'm not exactly sure how they managed to get theirs to work with no issues, I've tried reaching out to some of them, but I've been ignored by them. I even went into one of them and did exactly as they did, but my game still hated it and crashed as a result. I don't know what they are doing different.

• KnirpsLyn

KnirpsLyn Big Damn Hero

Did anyone ever get this to work?