Modding Help Updating mods for Stardew Valley 1.4

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Jul 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lopz0r

lopz0r Seal Broken

From the comments on the Nexus page, it seems many people are reporting the same issue, and no words from the developers. One solution you could do, and it apparently works, is: Purchase the bag from Pierre's shop, this will subtract the money from your pouch, and not give you anything in return (We're doing this just to "lose" money so it remains somewhat fair), then spawn the seed bag with an item spawn mod (like CJB Item Spawner), and you'll receive a working bag and "pay" for it indirectly.

• Chleiya

Chleiya Phantasmal Quasar

I will try this, thanx

• lastingman

lastingman Big Damn Hero

Can anyone update this: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/4021

Seems the author deleted it and it also seems the author called it quits on modding so can anyone update it to 1.4.5. This mod causes my game to crash when entering summer. I do have the files if you all need them.

Attached Files:

• Eros DkAl

Eros DkAl Big Damn Hero

Weird, Raphtalia Npc mod works just fine for me, maybe it's a incompatibility problem with other mod (which also it's weird to me since I have 1015 mods installed and it works fine for me).

• lastingman

lastingman Big Damn Hero

I used the check on the SMAPI site and almost all of the errors came from the raphtalia mod.

Here's the log: https://smapi.io/log/77ac9c190ea74f82a1539dc6fae4cb95

It might be something on my end but the mod is deleted so I can't get a fresh copy.

EDIT: I check my version of the mod and it seems that it only has the spring tileset and not the other seasons. It may be that, but I have no problems with the mod before as well, so I thought it may be due to the update of the game.

• Eros DkAl

Eros DkAl Big Damn Hero

This error has happened to me several times with different mods (Failed loading asset 'assets\summer_outdoorsTileSheet.png'), this happens because in the folder of some mod that edits or adds maps there is an unnecessary tilesheet (like "spring_outdoorsTilesheet") this happens because the mod is trying to load the tilesheets directly from the mod folder and not from the vanilla game folder, the way to solve it is to find that/those tilesheet/s in the mod/s folder and delete them, look for: spring_Outdoorstilesheet.png or fall_Outdoorstilesheet.png or summer_Outdoorstilesheet.png or winter_Outdoorstilesheet.png in the folder/s of mods that edit or add maps and delete those .png files (only in map folders, not CP mod folders that intentionally replace those tilesheets).

Search if there is a file called spring_OutdoorsTilesheet.png in the [TMX] Raphtalias Maps \ assets folder, if so delete that .png file

• lastingman

lastingman Big Damn Hero

Thanks. Will try that and see what happens. BTW, I also found some files like weapons.png, craftables.png, cursors.png and paths.png. Do I need to delete those as well?

• Eros DkAl

Eros DkAl Big Damn Hero

Only delete them if them causes any trouble, in the SMAPI log you can see which are the files that are causing problems.

• thomasrika

thomasrika Yeah, You!

Those are the latest mod apk for the game, I have played it and found it very good

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
                    • lastingman

lastingman Big Damn Hero

I just tested your solution and it worked. Managed to get to summer. Thanks again

• Eros DkAl

Eros DkAl Big Damn Hero

No problem, I'm glad to be able to help.

• Fish Out Of Water

Fish Out Of Water Void-Bound Voyager

Level Extender bugfix update:
                          Based on minervamaga's update, fixed 2 bugs. The fixed bugs are:
                          1. At skill level 10+ for fishing, using a Cork Bobber does not add the extra bar length.
                          2. At level 9 of any skill, eating a skill buff food, then gaining any amount of xp for that skill will make Level Extender set your skill level to 10.

Github PR

Attached Files:

Neferatem likes this.
                          • lastingman

lastingman Big Damn Hero

• taufik97

taufik97 Space Spelunker

• redfreckles16

redfreckles16 Big Damn Hero

has this been updated yet by anyone so that it works on multiplayer? Like if both people have the mod, they can both get over there.

• rottencorpse

rottencorpse Void-Bound Voyager

Animal Social Menu doesn't seem to work. I have tried it alone, with its required api Spacecore, and it give me a blank list. I am at the begining of the game, and have only a cat. it give me this:
                              Code:
                              [17:15:36 ERROR game] An error occured in the base update loop: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
                              Parameter name: index
                                 at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
                                 at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
                                 at AnimalSocialMenu.AnimalSocialPage.updateSlots() in G:\StardewValley\Mods_1.4\AnimalSocialMenu\AnimalSocialPage.cs:line 58
                                 at AnimalSocialMenu.AnimalSocialPage.setScrollBarToCurrentIndex() in G:\StardewValley\Mods_1.4\AnimalSocialMenu\AnimalSocialPage.cs:line 111
                                 at AnimalSocialMenu.AnimalSocialPage.leftClickHeld(Int32 x, Int32 y) in G:\StardewValley\Mods_1.4\AnimalSocialMenu\AnimalSocialPage.cs:line 90
                                 at AnimalSocialMenu.AnimalSocialPage.receiveLeftClick(Int32 x, Int32 y, Boolean playSound) in G:\StardewValley\Mods_1.4\AnimalSocialMenu\AnimalSocialPage.cs:line 164
                                 at StardewValley.Menus.GameMenu.receiveLeftClick(Int32 x, Int32 y, Boolean playSound) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\GameMenu.cs:line 214
                                 at StardewValley.Game1.updateActiveMenu(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4117
                                 at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3548
                                 at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 2913
                                 at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 829

It gives the message only after I clicked the (empty) interface then get out.

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

I believe you must have farm animals for this mod to work correctly and Spacecore is required for it to run at all.

Eros DkAl likes this.
                                • kzintiwife

kzintiwife Scruffy Nerf-Herder

looking for a mod - i have 36 buildings for animals and it takes forever to get them all bought and random named and choose their barn/coop.
                                  is there a mod where i can choose or stand in or some other way say - fill THIS building with THIS animal and be specific with color and breed. animal chooser is great for making sure i get the right color and breed but not in the fill the specific building. (animal chooser: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2573 and the unofficial https://community.playstarbound.com...tardew-valley-1-4.156000/page-48#post-3356697 ) the debug command reads as though the animal is placed in a random coop/barn and this would be just as bad.

anyone have a mod suggestion or wanna take this on? it seems like this would be a cool upgrade for animal chooser.

• Kaed31

Kaed31 Space Spelunker

• lastingman

lastingman Big Damn Hero

Thread Status:
                                  Not open for further replies.