1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Project Knightfall Upgrade Version 1.7.0.9

A Starbound Expansion Mod

1. TrueDefiant

TrueDefiant Scruffy Nerf-Herder

TrueDefiant submitted a new mod:

Project Knightfall - Enhance your character with some powerful high tech and heavy duty endgame weapons and armor.

Read more about this mod...

Sock_Bunny likes this.
  2. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Some very cool ideas here. However, you've taken effectively 0 measures in properly balancing any of these weapons or armors. The Cyclops, for example, has a base DPS of 17, which is, frankly, OP as hell when you consider that the enemy is hit by that 17 every 0.01 seconds. You've completely neglected to include the further bonuses applied by the files in the /leveling folder, as well, which will multiply that value by about 3.5x at tier 7.

That means the base DPS for a laser with 0.01 fire time is 59.5. That is way, waaaaaay higher than it should ever be. And it applies a DoT *on top of that*. Ew.

Apart from the very obvious balance problems, though, great work. I love the aesthetic you've gone with for the gear itself.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
    Sock_Bunny likes this.
  3. TrueDefiant

TrueDefiant updated Project Knightfall with a new update entry:

Re-balancing Update

Read the rest of this update entry...

4. fueselwe

fueselwe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

About the suggestion I made in my review: mind if I fiddle around with the files a bit and try to make pumping the shotgun work?

5. TrueDefiant

Project Knightfall: The Drone Upgrade

6. TrueDefiant

Project Knightfall: The Furniture Update

7. TrueDefiant

Project Knightfall: The Furniture Update

8. sorry but I can't install it... I don't know why but it said no attachment found or something.... sorry to trouble you

9. TrueDefiant

Project Knightfall: The Furniture Upgrade

10. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

the download works perfectly fine.

11. TrueDefiant

Oh my god I never realized this thread even existed, LOL.

Right, let me address the comments.

@fueselwe Sure thing! Though, in the latest update, I've added a cocking animation to the Shatterer and the Scatterwarp shotguns
    Not the best, but you could probably improve on it and you have my go signal to fiddle with it.

@sayter Hey! Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I'm very aware of this mod's balancing and I'm consulting some folks over at my Discord about weapons that are OP and are *fairly* balanced, and I'm taking necessary steps to tweak them out over the coming updates.

12. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Yea, you've refined them a bit already from their first iteration. It's nice to see some actual care go into balancing. Many just add two 0's and call it a day without actually learning how SB applies damage.

13. fueselwe

@TrueDefiant this is what I came up with for the shatterer. It's a rather crude solution but the only one I could make work.
    I basically made what the cooldown stance did part of the firing stance and recycled the animation and sound from the adaptable crossbows secondary for the pump. I added the sound by just making it part of the firing sound and timing it with the animation. I also had to play around with the stats a bit to try and make them work as closely to the original as possible.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
    TrueDefiant likes this.
  14. TrueDefiant

The Gunships Update

15. fueselwe

Me again.
    Love the update and the new weapons!
    Decided I'd have a little go at the pulverizer, it's very rough around the edges and could use some cleanup, but I like it.
    Keep up the good work!

Attached Files:

16. Crisium

Crisium Cosmic Narwhal

Love this mod brah I hope you keep at it, so what it's unbalanced you have to start somewhere right come on peeps, Keep bangin away at it. I for one can't see what you come up with next.

17. NightmareDL

NightmareDL Subatomic Cosmonaut

I have to drop a comment after testing it , i like a lot this mod , thanks for making "fist" weapons (arm blade i guess) and other projectile 1h weapons that are insane too , plus shields , honestly on a game i spend a lot of hours on i like using all weapons and some mods just make 2h good , which i find boring.
    If i can leave a suggestion id like to see more Arm Cannons (maybe not many since the mod since to have quite a nice amount of them it seems)/Fists(martial arts maybe) and specially a shield that protects 360 degrees (maybe only on perfect blocks)/ one that attacks too.More anime techs would be insane too haha.A 1h mace(?
    Very nice there are homing 1h too and a lot of cannons.And i almost forget , there are cool armors for several roles.Same , finally an axe that doesnt take a year to charge and hits normally.
    I need a Knightfall Poptop :v
    Thanks for the mod again , very good.
    Extended Story is a nice mod too , maybe you could talk with someone to implement bosses and stuff? In the future i mean , just saying because this has a lot of potential.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  18. TrueDefiant

I'm way ahead of you in a lot of the new stuff upcoming in the next update :p

I'll give you a quick breakdown

All shields in the next update will be aimable, but their durability will be nerfed.

More arm weapons are coming. Look forward to the Gamma and Locust.

There will be 4 new armor sets in the next update, which are the Trooperframe, Medicframe, and 2 secret ones.

Knightfall Poptops and Momtops are planned.

As for a charge up axe and more fist weapons, I can't really guarantee that one. We're moving to a direction where all melee weapons will be combo based, and moving their charge up attacks as alt fires instead.

Bosses will be coming but that's a LONG way from now. I may not be working with the devs of ES (since, personally, I dislike their bosses) for that though.

You can join the official Knightfall Discord for more updates. The next update will be HUGE.

Oh and one more thing, the Bonecrusher is a 1H mace that exists in your version but I apparently forgot to make a recipe for it.

Just do /spawnitem knightfall_bonecrusher to use it :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2020
  19. NightmareDL

NightmareDL Subatomic Cosmonaut

aaaaaaaaaaah , thanks a lot and good luck! Ill join the discord soon too :nuruninja:
    Btw on the axe thing i meant that finally a mod that adds an axe that it is combo based , i never used charge up weapons , i dislike that a lot , the axe here is amazing.