Story Against the Ruin (AgTR)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Negative Infinity, Jan 15, 2017.

?

Do you like 'Against the Ruin' so far?

1. Yes, I like where this story is going and would like to see more of it.

21 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Yes, I like it, but there are some things you could be doing differently (please comment what).

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't know if I like it, but I am a little interested in reading more.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I don't know if I like it, because there are things that don't appeal to me (comment what).

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. No, I've read it yet I don't like it (comment why please).

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. No, I've read only a little bit and I can tell I won't enjoy it (comment why please).

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. -Redstar

-Redstar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hopefully well... Weird to think that this story started like, 3 years ago

These forums do be the nostalgia zone...

2. Negative Infinity

Negative Infinity Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's been a while but I've been doing alright, just been a long time since I've thought about this story. Admittedly and unfortunately I'm not planning on continuing this, at least not anytime soon, simply because I lost the flow and my style has changed quite a bit from what it has been throughout the story. I do know where it would have gone, I have it planned out, it's just a matter of what I mentioned, lost the flow and new writing style.

3. -Redstar

Any place you post this new writing?

4. Negative Infinity

No, I've just grown. For instance I choose to write in the present tense rather than the past tense nowadays.

5. DutchyBoi

DutchyBoi Void-Bound Voyager

nowadays every time i go looking for something to read all i find are these abandoned threads. Maybe even see a version of myself that i don’t remember participate, with words that aren’t mine anymore.
    Something tells me you lot can say the same.
    If only these stories would ever get the conclusions they deserve.

On a less edgy note however, its been a long time lads. All of you holding up well?

6. -Redstar

I feel it in every way, sadly. Been a long since I've visited this place. Sad that so many of these stories are never finished, but it inspired me to write my own stuff, kinda got me to where I am now with that sorta thing

7. Negative Infinity

Feels bad that I've let it stay dead for this long, no real excuse either. But a friend of mine has been getting into Starbound lately and keeps sharing art he's found of it, so it's been getting me in the mood again. Right now I can't really work on the story because of work, probably won't be able to for several more months (probably late January or early February) before I can get anything done. I'll definitely try to get some work done on this, regardless of if anyone's left to read it. There's a long way to go for this story after all, and I'd hate for it to never reach the end

CamoBoyAK likes this.
  8. CamoBoyAK

CamoBoyAK Void-Bound Voyager

I'll still be reading it. I've been coming back every so often and rereading what's already here.

Negative Infinity likes this.
  9. Sehr Gut

Sehr Gut Space Hobo

Hello! A couple of days ago, I accidentally saw Your story and decided to read it a little to satisfy my curiosity. Then, it drew me in so much that I read Your story non-stop all night long. I just want to say that it was incredibly exciting. I haven't read such a compelling story in a long time. Thank You for Your great work!

Желаю вам успехов!

P.S. I wrote this through google translator, because I am from Russia and write badly in English. I hope I wrote everything correctly.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2022
  10. -Redstar

Well my patience has kept persistent and so has my hope, so I’d love to see it again. Whatever happens though, it’s good to hear that some interest remains.

11. Negative Infinity

If I ever posted screenshots of my ingame Ranaka and Xavier I can't find them, but I don't think I ever did anyway. For this, I curse myself