the furry player mod, again

1. Galacticruler

Galacticruler Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Galacticruler submitted a new mod:

Anthro Farmer Recontinued - the furry player mod, again

Read more about this mod...

• PcktFox

PcktFox Big Damn Hero

Is it intended that on starting a new game, you look human, or have I done something wrong? Also, when using the Fox option, the tip of the tail is missing. Again, a mistake on my part?

• brennonm

brennonm Void-Bound Voyager

Quick pair of bug reports, probably the same issue:

Your torso and legs revert to human in the spa currently, and certain tops that reveal parts of your torso also revert to human skin.

Thanks for making this mod available again!

Edit: After a bunch of testing, the issue appears to be that the game draws from farmer_base_shoes to get any revealed parts of the body for things like sauna wear or clothing that reveals parts of the torso or legs. Unfortunately GetGlam does not seem to support replacing this file through the assets, so you have to overwrite it in the main GetGlam directory for each various base type (e.g. goat, fox, etc).

The fix is fairly simple though, you can just clip the relevant part of the sprites from Anthro Farmer's farmer_base.png, and replace the farmer_base_shoes file with that (you will, however, no longer be wearing shoes unless you edit that into the farmer_base_shoes file yourself). Ultimately any real kind of fix will have to come from GetGlam supporting replacements for files like farmer_base_shoes

Edit 2: That fix kind of sucks because it's missing several things added to the new sprite sheet (if you want to be completely naked in the spa however, it works fine). If you're a fan of goats I tried my best to make a workable shoe-wearing goat with the correct other pieces of clothing attached. Remove the "fixed" and replace the file in the assets directory of GetGlam.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
        • Wingyl

Wingyl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I tested it, and it turns out that Get Glam does load skin colour packs - it just can't load a 160-skins-long skin colour pack! I don't know where the cutoff point is but both vanilla-sized and smaller-than-vanilla skin packs work.

Also, a lot of the anthro farmer skintones turned out to rely on some part of Anthro Farmer Continued changing what parts of the farmer base had highlights/shadows, to repurpose them as markings and stuff, so loading up one of those skin tones on a farmer base that doesn't do that, like the vanilla ones or your new get glam ones, results in the farmer looking like they're trying to cosplay a homestuck troll and messed up their bodypaint, heh

• *Kai*

*Kai* Void-Bound Voyager

So I have an issue with the tail for the fox one. The white tip is just gone. Anyone know how to fix it?

pico1201 likes this.
            • Mikeyvulpix

Mikeyvulpix Intergalactic Tourist

any way to fix the brown box just covering the torso? I've been trying to get rid of that and I keep feeling like it's the updated version of my game.

• Mikeyvulpix

Mikeyvulpix Intergalactic Tourist

nevermind I managed to fix it.

• genderneutralnoun

genderneutralnoun Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having many, many, MANY problems with the Dragon base causing my skin to revert to pale human skin when wearing certain things. Even just the vanilla short skirt causes my legs to become human. It's weird because I've been using the vanilla green skin color, and it works perfectly on any base except the anthro ones.

Swiftpaw22 likes this.
                  • genderneutralnoun

genderneutralnoun Void-Bound Voyager

I fixed it... but only for the dragon girl non-bald base, because I'm a lazy (insert rude word here).
                    I took the base from Beach Day and copied the colors over, and it worked like a charm. Literally no visual difference from how it looked when I was in my normal clothes, but also works for other clothes. Here's the edited file.
                    Edit: Updated the file I attached for a thing I missed with the sprites for when you eat something. I had to add in a black spot for the mouth so that it wouldn't be pink when using it with other colors, which is different from the vanilla, I believe.
                    farmer_girl_base.png

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
                    • pico1201

pico1201 Void-Bound Voyager

how?

• pico1201

pico1201 Void-Bound Voyager

have you found a solution?

• *Kai*

*Kai* Void-Bound Voyager

Nope

• Swiftpaw22

Swiftpaw22 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Anyone else tried to get this working in SV 1.5? I installed everything to get non-human players and villagers, and I'm seeing the villagers properly, but the player is still broken. Oddly enough, the option for the beach farm (and the other new farm option that I think was there) is gone as well.

Anyone get non-human players working and showing properly in 1.5?

• Shouen Rakukojin

Shouen Rakukojin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Seems there's an issue with Get Glam (The mod this one relies one) as well as of SV 1.5 such as custom hair and the like not showing up. We may have to wait for that mod to update first and see if that doesn't fix things.

• Swiftpaw22

Oh wow, thanks! I was about to slowly go through each mod to see what is breaking things, but that saves me some time. I want to run some more tests before reporting it, but hopefully the Get Glam devs are aware of the issue already!

• Lopunny

Lopunny Void-Bound Voyager

Maybe i'm stupid or something, but I'm a little confused on how to install this. Do I just replace the pngs in the main stardew files? Sorry for having to ask ^^;;

• Swiftpaw22

Actually the part about Anthro Characters is incorrect. Anthro Characters Continued has an older Content Patcher version, and also a new version specifically compatible with 1.5 has been released as well! ^n.n^

But yes, I got that the problem with the player mod is Get Glam, and if so then hopefully those devs are aware of the problem!

You need to install Get Glam as is stated on the mod overview page, but as everyone has said above, it's broken right now until Get Glam is made compatible with version 1.5.

As for how to use mods, if you read the installation instructions associated with all these mods and their dependencies, you'll figure it out. I agree that a complete installation guide would be helpful, and was intending on writing one if no one else does as soon as Get Glam is fixed.

• Snowisle

Snowisle Phantasmal Quasar

I'm having an issue in multiplayer where the character customizations seem to be completely desync'd, we're uncertain if this is an issue coming from this mod's side or GetGlam's (probably glam's tbh).

Does anyone know of any potential workarounds for this?

• LackeDragon

LackeDragon Phantasmal Quasar

"requires me to get permission from someone who hasn't had any site activity since latee 2018"

Just wanted to point out this is for the creator of the Nexus version.
                                        For the original XNB mod (Wolf/fox/cat), which were included in this mod, I'm still here :p

Bonabopn likes this.
                                        • Swiftpaw22

Maybe you should message Galacticruler to update the mod with your fix?

I don't know how, but I have GetGlam 1.1.0 working with SV v1.5, and this mod works for me except for this weird tan legs issue. Also the face, nose, and shoe options don't work, but maybe that's expected.

upload_2021-1-17_16-19-35.png