Greetings, Fellow Space Travellers!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by GalaxyMama, Dec 1, 2020.

1. GalaxyMama

GalaxyMama Void-Bound Voyager

Hi there!
    I've been playing Starbound for a couple of years now, previously, me and Thing1 were deep into Minecraft but I always found it lacking and I was never sure why. Then GalaxyDad introduced me to Starbound and I was IMMEDIATELY hooked because SPACE!
    Sandbox-type game. IN SPACE.
    Building game. IN SPACE.
    Cowboys. IN SPACE.
    BIRBS. IN SPACE.

Then a while ago, during Thing2's naptime, I found out about mods! I'm not new to mods in general, I think my sims4 game is more mods and cc than actual game tbh. So I found this forum on the search for cool custom races and it looked like a wonderful community!

2. icegriffon

icegriffon Star Wrangler

Hello and happy new journey!
    With custom races and other mods one can play SB another 20 years it seems :) There's so much...
    The community seems to be having a naptime though.

3. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Welcome to the forums! Nice to meet you!
    My favorite race mod is the Elithian race. The mod is not done yet, but its race, its content, its lore, and everything else are carefully made. The mod is very polished. It's a great mod in my opinion.

GalaxyMama likes this.
  4. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Hello. Nice to meet you.

5. GalaxyMama

I recently got Frackin' Universe and boy that takes some getting used to! I've died SO MANY TIMES whereas before I'd breeze round a whole planet gathering resources!

I think I prefer quieter communities though, I've been in fandoms in the midst of their subject's hey-day and I couldn't keep up! And the Drama?! not worth it!

I'll give that one a look, I do love mods that make the universe a much more interesting place!

Thanks! Nice to meet you too!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2020
    Daikon Ocelot likes this.
  6. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

@GalaxyMama Just a note here. Stacking posts is frowned upon. Please use the edit feature to add to posts or wait for someone else to reply first. If you want to quote multiple people in one post simply click 'reply' for each post you want to quote.

7. GalaxyMama

Apologies, I didn't read anything like that in the forum rules but thanks for the heads up!

Before I get it, is it compatible with the Frackin' Universe mod?

8. Daikon Ocelot

Well, I never tried it (since I am not a big fan of FU), but those two mods are pretty big and well-known mod. They should have been compatible with each other.

If I ever read about it correctly, yes they are compatible.

9. GalaxyMama

I'm getting used to it, and I already know I won't be able to go back to the vanilla version without missing aspects of FU that I love!
    I'll give it a go, I can't see it being incompatible tbh.

10. Daikon Ocelot

Here's a screenshot of the mod page. Just to make sure that what I said was correct.
    Screenshot_2021_0110_231448.png
    Yeah, I think it's quite clear now.

Anyway, glad you're having fun with FU.

11. GalaxyMama

Perfect, thanks for that! I'll be getting that just now then! :)